What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

June 2022 Haul Batch #6 - The 'I have the days off work so here's more stuff' haul!

yuHNGOeh.jpg

LLFi6ubh.jpg

Another martial art film for the Eureka Entertainment collection with Huang Feng's The Shaolin Plot, which also stars Sammo Hung. It's always nice to see so many Hong Kong films that you just don't know about until these Blu-ray sets appear, and happen to feature actors you recognise.

c2JjuE1h.jpg

Today I went to York for another trip to the Travelling Man store. This time I picked up 9 Viz Media volumes for £66. The order was also split into two payments to get the best deal thanks to the staff who suggested it. While I could have bought more, there were a lot of titles that just didn't have the right volumes or stock available so I've made another online order to fill in the blanks.

yQswYFuh.jpg

First up we have more JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders manga with Volumes 9 & 10, which are the concluding volumes in the series. That just leaves me with Volume 8, which is one of the books I've ordered now to complete the series. I actually wasn't planning on finishing the series until next month, but there's no harm wrapping it up sooner.

PLy8Kvzh.jpg

Next we have more Shonen Jump manga volumes with Black Clover Volumes 9 & 10, and The Promised Neverland Volume 4. The store also didn't have Volume 8 so that has been ordered as well. The other series will have more volumes acquired later in the year.

wfzr7s1h.jpg

Next is the VIZ SIGNATURE manga volumes with Hell's Paradise: Jigokuraku Volume 2 and Maison Ikkoku Volume 2. Both of these also had stock issues but as they're relatively new titles I'm in no rush to get them later, though I do want to complete Hell's Paradise before the anime airs to avoid big stock issues.

X2GXva0h.jpg

Last but not least we have a new manga series for the collection with Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Volumes 1 & 2. Yep that's right, we have (in rimuru tempest voice) ELFU. But this series has become pretty popular and I expect there will massive stock problems if an anime adaptation gets greenlit so I'm getting them now to avoid the hype.

Overall, we have a nice haul! Will I go to the store next month? Probably not, unless a friend wants to see me in person. I think the store needs more stock on the Viz front before I visit again.

1NkHnwZh.jpg

2l6k9Aih.jpg

Surprise I have bought a Discotek Media Blu-ray release that just came out (or should I say a month early!) with Violence Jack. Violence Jack is one of those classic anime that I wanted to check out for years, and this is the perfect release to do so since it is now uncut and uncensored. When it was brought over to the UK decades ago, it was BBFC'd to death so going for the US Blu-ray release makes perfect sense.

June 2022 Haul Batch #7 - A follow-up haul of sorts from the previous batch,

oqeAv0uh.jpg

hxPcAeWh.jpg

LdwqKDMh.jpg

After the last batch I wanted to acquire the missing volumes to that haul, so I received Black Clover Volume 8, Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Volume 3, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Volume 8. JoJo in particular now means that I have acquired all of the volumes for the series, which was a month earlier than planned.

aMXZHHfh.jpg

IKzPvavh.jpg

With the news that Resident Evil 4 Remake is happening, my interest in the franchise came back and since then I've been watching playthroughs on YouTube of various people using randomisers which has been a lot of fun. That said, other than Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 on Xbox 360, and Biohazard Chronicles HD Selection on PS3, I actually don't own the re-releases that came out on PlayStation 4.

Therefore I decided to get Resident Evil 4 once again but in physical form. I really enjoyed the game when I played it years ago but now was a good time to own a physical copy. In addition, I also acquired the Resident Evil Origins Collection for the first time. I have not played the original games and this is going to be an interesting experience, since these games have limited saves and has a proper emphasis on survival with limited items and tactical moments like 'don't waste your time shooting a zombie unless necessary' etc. I am concerned about the limited save part as you could technically screw yourself over if you don't know how long the game will be.

I also acquired the Resident Evil Origins Collection for the first time. I have not played the original games and this is going to be an interesting experience, since these games have limited saves and has a proper emphasis on survival with limited items and tactical moments like 'don't waste your time shooting a zombie unless necessary' etc. I am concerned about the limited save part as you could technically screw yourself over if you don't know how long the game will be.
The PS4 version of Resident Evil is fantastic, which is all the more impressive since it's basically a remaster of the Gamecube remake from 20 years ago. I'd recommend going for one of the easier difficulties on your first playthrough, since it can be unforgiving with ammo on harder ones. Off the top of my head, if you save once every 15-30 minutes you should have enough ink ribbons for game saves.

RE0 is decent, but probably the most annoying of the pre-RE4 games due to its awful inventory management system.

Therefore I decided to get Resident Evil 4 once again but in physical form. I really enjoyed the game when I played it years ago but now was a good time to own a physical copy. In addition, I also acquired the Resident Evil Origins Collection for the first time. I have not played the original games and this is going to be an interesting experience, since these games have limited saves and has a proper emphasis on survival with limited items and tactical moments like 'don't waste your time shooting a zombie unless necessary' etc. I am concerned about the limited save part as you could technically screw yourself over if you don't know how long the game will be.
The PS4 version of Resident Evil is fantastic, which is all the more impressive since it's basically a remaster of the Gamecube remake from 20 years ago. I'd recommend going for one of the easier difficulties on your first playthrough, since it can be unforgiving with ammo on harder ones. Off the top of my head, if you save once every 15-30 minutes you should have enough ink ribbons for game saves.

RE0 is decent, but probably the most annoying of the pre-RE4 games due to its awful inventory management system.

I second with what Dai said about RE1, I haven't beaten it yet, really need to get back to it as I've enjoyed it a lot so far but I'm past the mansion (until I need to go back later) and playing on the easier difficulty and the ink ribbons are not a problem at all. A lot of it is memorization and knowing how the creatures move and attack, not as daunting as I thought it was going to be but not that there isn't a challenge and still need to keep your wits about you.

Would also recommend playing as Jill for your first run through as she has expanded inventory space.

Can't wait for the RE4 remake myself, one of my favourite games of all time though I am concerned how many of the cheesy lines will be kept in the game as they are some of my favourite parts. Leon is one of my favourite characters in fiction, a lot because of this game.

Via United Publications.
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl Blu-ray from Aniplex of America and
Holmes of Kyoto Blu-ray from Discotek Media.
View attachment 24998

Is that Limited Edition label on the Holmes of Kyoto release a sticker on the shrinkwrap or the slipcover, or actually printed on the slipcover? Just curious as I ordered that one as well, but it is in the same order as the Odeo Steelbook, so I have to wait a while yet for my copy to ship.

Is that Limited Edition label on the Holmes of Kyoto release a sticker on the shrinkwrap or the slipcover, or actually printed on the slipcover? Just curious as I ordered that one as well, but it is in the same order as the Odeo Steelbook, so I have to wait a while yet for my copy to ship.
A75F2A7B-3830-416E-AC04-96379A494558.jpeg
Slipcover I thought it was the shrink wrap till I removed it just now.

It's a sticker on the slipcover, I can confirm.

Kizumonogatari from MVM deal of the week, Fire Force from Cex (took 2 attemps first set wasn't great so sent it back), Martian Successor nadesico CE and Re:Zero Part 1 replacement for the CE (if you don't seem to be hearing back from them might be worth sending them another email (from a differnt email account) as my account email never gets answered and I'm pretty sure it back to going into there spam/junk email folder).

20220625_125257.jpg

Got 6 items from the recent 3 for 2 offer on Amazon, next batch should be here next week.
mzc3855wys791.jpg
Lots of great movies there (and a couple of not so great ones). Makes me want to watch them all again. I've been slacking on my Godzilla movie viewing in recent years. There was a time when I used to watch one or two of them almost every evening (though admittedly that was before anime streaming became a thing).

Back