What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

May 2022 Batch 5!

GHZXwLgh.jpg

As it's been a couple months since I last acquired any Nintendo Switch stuff so I decided to order another batch. First we have New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and then the next day came Super Mario 3D World, both of these are remasters of the Wii U games. I also picked up a Nintendo Switch Pro controller as I wanted one for the console.

F4XfSleh.jpg

XAawIgkh.jpg

With the Funimation branding ending soon in favour of Crunchyroll, one of the last limited editions under its name is Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life! on Blu-ray. It's a nice set and an amusing disc menu music. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

tEQBgLjh.jpg

Zso82DWh.jpg

And recently I made a Blackwells order for some more VIZ SIGNATURE manga volumes!

First we have a brand new Viz Media release with Haro Aso's Alice in Borderland Omnibus 1 which compiles Volumes 1-2 of the series. I really loved the Japanese live-action adaptation (which has a Season 2 coming this December) so when Viz announced they were going to be releasing the manga I pre-ordered it (not immediately but recently at least). There's going to be at least 9 omnibus books so that's neat.

Next we have the series that Tatsuki Fujimoto wrote before he made Chainsaw Man with Fire Punch Volumes 1-2. This series is actually quite hard to find so I got lucky finding these two volumes on Blackwells. There's 8 volumes in this series and each of them are in and out of stock.

And last but not least I decided to revisit another manga series that I bought a volume of from back in 2013-14 with Naoki Urasawa's Pluto Volumes 2-4. Now get this, despite the spine having the older style, the volumes were reprinted back in August 2021! That is just random.

1rDhWpsh.jpg

ARIae4Lh.jpg

UWUTv8Ih.jpg

Feel old yet?

qvmCSZZ.jpg

Why, yes, I feel old, seeing as I will turn 61 next month... That should make most of you on here actually feel pretty young, lol. ;)

Incidentally, the next-door neighbor couple finally came over to watch some anime last night, so I fired up the popcorn machine, and we pounded down a few drinks while we watched... Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I showed them the first 6 episodes last night, and their jaws were already dropping, haha! They said they would be over again tonight to finish the series, they are so anxious to see more! :cool: 👍

May 2022 Batch 6!

U0g3dVDh.jpg

enOuxKxh.jpg

FOCdfUWh.jpg

Gasyovih.jpg

After visiting City Screen Picturehouse York for the first time (to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once), I then went to check out the shops in York and only left with more manga from Travelling Man. This time we have 9 larger-sized volumes for £86 because some of these have higher SRPs but more volume content. That said, all were part of the 3 for 2 Viz Media deal.

Starting this batch we have Riku Sanjo's Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai Volume 1, the Shonen Jump original series based on Square Enix's Dragon Quest franchise that ran back in 1989 until 1996. Viz Media will be releasing the series based on the 2020 Japanese re-release so it will compile all 37 volumes into 25 omnibus type books (basically like JoJo so it's 1.5-ish content).

Next we have Tetsuo Hara's Fist of the North Star Volume 2, the 1983-88 classic series that Viz is releasing based on the 2013 Japanese re-release I believe so it will compile 37 volumes into 18 omnibus type books (also like JoJo).

It took a while but Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Volumes 1, 2 & 3 have finally been picked up. Another classic Shonen Jump series from 1989-1992. The English re-release (as Viz did release the individual volumes a decade ago) is based on the 2014 JoJonium Japanese release so it'll compile 16 volumes into 10 omnibus type books.

Then we go back to more older manga volumes that I bought from years ago now finally being continued! First we have Naoki Urasawa's Monster Volumes 2 & 3, which compiles the individual volumes 3-6 in the series. I first bought Volume 1 back in May 2015 so it has been a long time since, but now I'm trying to get this series completed!

And last but not least is Naoki Urasawa's Pluto Volumes 5 & 6 which is pretty good timing if you just saw my last haul post. There's now two volumes left to collect before it's completed so I'm happy about that. Much like Volumes 2-4, these two were also reprinted in August 2021 so they have kept the old logos than use the new ones.

Overall a good haul! I did have to get less because there wasn't much to choose from in terms of the volumes available and the prices for these books are higher than a regular £7.99 Shonen Jump title. While it's always great to get more new series, it's just as important to wrap up the ones you own already and especially now we're in the current climate where volumes can go out of print at any point or go out of stock for a long time due to increased demand on physical manga (which is ironic considering digital is more preferred nowadays).

a1quUvZh.jpg

78XA8l3h.jpg

lE9NJL1h.jpg

HIwdMAWh.jpg

Sp2ZzNkh.jpg

Wz80Nlsh.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220511_180052.jpg
    IMG_20220511_180052.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220511_180007.jpg
    IMG_20220511_180007.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Finally from Blackwell's. Word of warning they use Hermes (now Evri) or rather they use Whistl who used Hermes. Notification said "posted through letterbox" and I thought to myself "Vagabond is too big to go through the letterbox" and sure enough it was on the doorstep. Luckily wind wasn't blowing into my door so it didn't get wet.
Possible spoilery front cover for Vagabond:
IMG_20220516_161145_4.jpg

IMG_20220516_161227_6.jpg

note: I've decided to switch it up with "drop" to "arrival". In slang terms it had a very unique meaning 🙃
PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week start ver.」

🎮 VIDEO GAME 🎮

IMG_20220516_164932.jpg
Had to order this as an alternative. A Amazon seller messed up my Switch counterpart by sending a Day One Edition instead of Collector's Edition 😒 (as seen in the previous post)

Last edited:
Back