What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I recieved one package from Korea today - it was definitely worth it to get these Korean Blu-ray releases just for the clean artwork, and side-load slipboxes instead of o-card slipcovers. These do include English subtitles:

The Place Promised in our Early Days/Voices of a Distant Star
5 Centimeter per Second
The Garden of Words

Front of Slipboxes:

3shinkaikrbd1.jpg

Back of Slipboxes:
3shinkaikrbd2.jpg

Slipbox Open Sides:
3shinkaikrbd3.jpg

Garden of Words Blu-ray shown next to my Japanese B2 Poster of same:
gowposterkrbd.jpg

1.jpg
An earlier than expected Discotek order arrived with various good stuff

To save space, Lupin the 3rd Part 3, Lupin the 3rd Vs Detective Conan the Movie and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo will be in the spoiler button below
5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

2.jpg
Lupin the 3rd: Episode 0: First Contact is a new blu-ray release for the TV Special, notable for featuring a new English dub

4.jpg
Darkstalkers: The Complete OVA Collection is also now on blu-ray, featuring an upscaled presentation.
4-5.jpg

3.jpg
And Finally, Lupin the 3rd Part 1, featuring, like the back of the cover says, an HD remaster and the new English dub created very recently for it.

State of the Lupin Collection:
w1.jpg

i think all iffy games after a certain point have both pegi and usk, my senranxnep on PS4 has it and a reverse cover without the rating also, death end re;quest 2 might be their last separate pegi sku
It's normally stuff with low print runs so they don't have to make 2 seperate versions. Nintendo also do it with their CEs often displaying PEGI, USK and Australian ratings.

I recieved one package from Korea today - it was definitely worth it to get these Korean Blu-ray releases just for the clean artwork, and side-load slipboxes instead of o-card slipcovers. These do include English subtitles:

The Place Promised in our Early Days/Voices of a Distant Star
5 Centimeter per Second
The Garden of Words

Front of Slipboxes:

3shinkaikrbd1.jpg

Back of Slipboxes:
3shinkaikrbd2.jpg

Slipbox Open Sides:
3shinkaikrbd3.jpg

Garden of Words Blu-ray shown next to my Japanese B2 Poster of same:
gowposterkrbd.jpg

Well, nevermind on these Korean Shinkai releases, turns out the manufacturer's website has the specifications totally wrong. The product pages all say "English, Korean, and Chinese Subtitles," but the discs show only Korean subtitles as a selection in the menu. So this was basically false advertising. Their website says "No Returns" but they had better make an exception for their mistake and refund my money, or I'll be out $113 and I'll never buy another title from them.

Well, nevermind on these Korean Shinkai releases, turns out the manufacturer's website has the specifications totally wrong. The product pages all say "English, Korean, and Chinese Subtitles," but the discs show only Korean subtitles as a selection in the menu. So this was basically false advertising. Their website says "No Returns" but they had better make an exception for their mistake and refund my money, or I'll be out $113 and I'll never buy another title from them.
That's seriously annoying. Are your sets the same @Mattrivers95 ?

Hope you get your money back asap! 👊

@RaeDra I would be interested in your opinion of Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo when you have watched it all, are you planning to watch sub or dub? :)
apologies for the delay, I haven't seen the whole thing but I'd be watching the dub of it first to completion, that said, I do appreciate the amount of work apparent in the subtitles put in, I cannot imagine it was easy to subtitle this show, at all! So, I do have some interest in checking that out too at some point and in some form.

My friend bought a few films from Nova as well.. he let me borrow one and it didn't have English subtitles to select in the menu but using the subtitle button on my remote, it did in fact have English subtitles so you might want to check that if you haven't already done so..

My friend bought a few films from Nova as well.. he let me borrow one and it didn't have English subtitles to select in the menu but using the subtitle button on my remote, it did in fact have English subtitles so you might want to check that if you haven't already done so..

OK, I will have to open one of mine and check - I was going by what another forum user was posting over at blu-ray.com.

EDIT: YAY! We're all good - I opened my Garden of Words, and you can select English or Chinese subtitles in the on-the-fly menu using the subtitle button on the remote. Celebration Ensues and Intensifies... 🥳 🥳 🥳

Well, the celebration has deflated some - turns out there is still one major issue with the Korean Garden of Words release, regarding the English subtitles - In the after-credits scene, the English subtitles were completely missing. The Korean and Chinese subtitles are there, but the English track is blank. That ending scene is very critical to the story, so missing the subtitles for it basically ruins the entire movie. Dammit.

I guess I'll have to put one of the two Sentai Blu-rays I have into the Korean set.

Last edited:
Back