What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I finally got my Josee CE in the mail today, over here in the US. Sure is a lot nicer package than the plain jane US Standard release:

joseeukce1.jpg

joseeukce2.jpg

joseeukce3.jpg

Here are the Round 2 photos for my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #7. I randomly picked 4 more posters from the box, and they include two more alternate versions of posters I have previously acquired, and two glorious "Girls with Guns" posters:

Golden Kamuy 3rd Season 2020 Television Broadcast promotional poster

kamuy3bb2.jpg

Fate Apocrypha 2017 Blu-Ray Disc Box I release poster (I got the Blu-ray Disc Box II poster in a previous order)

fateapoc2b2.jpg

Sword Art Online II 2014 PS Vita, Extra Edition Blu-ray and DVD release poster (Pew! Pew!)

sao2b2.jpg

You're Under Arrest The Movie 1999 TV and DVD release poster (Pew-Pew-Pew!)

arrestmovieb2.jpg

March 2022 Week 2 haul!

This batch includes another round of Blu-rays and a game that should have arrived last month.

m6E0W0ah.jpg

On Tuesday, By the Grace of the Gods Season 1 limited edition Blu-ray & DVD arrived from United Publications. This is the North American release from Funimation, as the UK branch didn't bother to bring the set over. The discs are AB anyway.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

K4pW7R4h.jpg

sFdvXE3h.jpg

Also arrived on Tuesday is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV from publisher NIS America. This game should have arrived last month, but NISA got held up by something on their end and basically forgot to dispatch it for a month.

I have yet to play the Legend of Heroes games yet but the idea was to own these before they sell out, and I'll probably hold off until I hear word that they have fixed the game-breaking issue that's affecting Cold Steel II for PS5 owners.

kVUtrO7h.jpg

XwXMDrth.jpg

The following day is more regular anime! So Amazon lowered a few of the Funimation anime and My Hero Academia Season 3 collection was one of those, a no-brainer pickup.

I also decided to go ahead and pickup both parts of Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 for various reasons - Funimation UK is dropping slipcases and if a 2202 collection was going to happen it'll probably do the same, and I waited long enough so I may as well grab them before its too late. These do have unique artwork which is pretty cool.

ooZ9xY3h.jpg

Also arrived is some comfy stuff with Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle on Blu-ray from Funimation. This arrived via United Publications for the best price. Shame there's no slipcase, but there's no unique artwork here so it's fine for this instance.

Yamovjjh.jpg

f1HkRwXh.png

k2Hyh6Fh.jpg

Next we have another interesting batch of Asian Cinema once again, this time from the folks at Arrow Video.

Since their store has sold out of this particular edition, I ordered it alongside another that arrived a few days later from Zavvi! And that is the Yokai Monsters Collection - a trilogy of classic 60s Japanese horror fantasy and one modern remake; 1968's Yokai Monsters: 100 Monsters (妖怪百物語) from Kimiyoshi Yasuda, 1968's Yokai Monsters: Spook Warfare (妖怪大戦争) from Yoshiyuki Kuroda, 1969's Yokai Monsters: Along with Ghosts (東海道お化け道中) from both Kimiyoshi Yasuda and Yoshiyuki Kuroda, and 2005's The Great Yokai War (妖怪大戦争) from Takashi Miike which is a remake of Spook Warfare.

The limited edition includes a rigid box, poster, postcards and a 60+ page booklet. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

zX14pMDh.jpg

On Friday, the other half of the Zavvi order arrived - The Daimajin Trilogy. Similar reasons with the former, I decided to go for the limited edition release and this is one nice box set. This is a trilogy of classic 60s Japanese kaiju fantasy films all released in 1966; Daimajin (大魔神) by Kimiyoshi Yasuda, Return of Daimajin (大魔神怒る) by Kenji Misumi, and Wrath of Daimajin (大魔神逆襲) by Kazuo Mori.

The limited edition includes a rigid box, poster, postcards and a 100+ page booklet. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

TXRoT9ch.jpg

Last edited:
My only sadness with the Yokai Monsters set was that it wasnt the same format as the Daimajin one with a lovely top loading slip box. I havent watched either sets, but they're bot really nice looking. I'lll probably get round to them later this year during autumn.winter, especially YM

I sent my faulty PS5 in for repairs last week. They must have taken one look at the two-page list of crash reports I enclosed with it and decided it wasn't worth trying to fix, because a replacement unit was delivered today, much faster than the 15-21 days they estimated. As far as I can tell it seems to be brand new rather than a refurb (that glossy black section scratches if you so much as breathe on it, and this one is pristine). It does seem to have a louder system fan than the previous one, but the level of coil whine doesn't appear to be any worse. Now to wait and see if it's more reliable than its predecessor.
I didn't have to wait long for the answer to that question. My original PS5 crashed for the first time after I'd had it three days. The replacement PS5 has managed to crash after a mere two days. It even spat out the same uselessly generic error code. What. The. Hell?

It can't be a corrupt installation being carried over from the old console because I anticipated that when I sent the original one back, and deleted everything on my external drive that had been downloaded or installed on the first PS5.

It's possible this is a coincidence. I was trying out the demo for Chorus, which is apparently known to be buggy on PS5, and I found a thread on Reddit where multiple people are describing crashes in the full game at what may be the same place I was at in the demo. That's now been patched in the full game, apparently, but maybe they didn't fix it in the demo.

But seriously, what are the odds that I would just happen to play something with crash bugs the day after the replacement console arrived? So once again I have to wait and see if this is going to turn into a pattern of one game after another crashing.

I believe it was Gandhi who said, "How can the same s*** happen to the same guy twice?"

We're going to be celebrating my oldest daughter's 25th birthday today, and we'll be busy getting things ready and hosting a house full of relatives most of the day, so I am going to post up my next batch of posters right away this morning...

Here are the Round 3 photos for my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #7. The 4 posters randomly picked from the box this time include a selection of rarer, hard to find posters, but all of these are big favorites of mine:

The World is Still Beautiful 2014 Blu-ray and DVD BOX release poster

worldbeautb2.jpg

Blast of Tempest 2012 Aniplex Blu-Ray and DVD Vol. 1 release poster

blasttempb2.jpg

The Twelve Kingdoms 2004 Playstation 2, DVD, and Comic promotional poster

twelvekingb2.jpg

Mermaid Forest 2003 DVD 4 and DVD BOX release poster

mermaidforrestb2.jpg

Received Akira 4k from World Cinema Library in china yesterday, it comes with the story boards and Dolby vision unlike the version released every where else, the picture quality looks to be more filmic too with less dnr. I can’t do a direct comparison because I’ve sold my general release version but it does look better (grainier). Also got the French steels of a silent voice and perfect blue from fnac, along with made in abyss and bloom into you from cex. I’m told my child like innocence might not survive made in abyss but I’ve watched the first ep and it seems pretty wholesome so far. Also does anyone know if we’re getting a second season of bloom into you? AF275016-9FB1-4406-ACCF-B098DED95A48.jpeg9510EDB9-F8C2-437F-B231-C67B576AB989.jpeg831EEFC5-34FF-4577-A951-0949D4DD55A8.jpeg2952C286-D158-4EBB-8C85-DF68FF54D588.jpegF83DDDA8-8E12-456B-BF22-9F702717FCE5.jpegD1421503-4641-4396-85C0-6466A7BAFAFA.jpeg

I’m told my child like innocence might not survive made in abyss but I’ve watched the first ep and it seems pretty wholesome so far.

It is pretty dark and disturbing in places ngl. There's worse out there, and in a weird way it is kind of wholesome because the protagonists are children with a pretty firm sense of right and wrong, but the first episode is def not representative of the show's most unsettling and upsetting moments.

Very excited with the latest additions to my collection, from ebay the Limited Editions of Parasyte The Maxim!

Awesome pickup, I love the series and the OST is gold works very well as a standalone album, honestly perhaps better than the music works in the series sometimes 😅 I'm not even a big dubstep fan and I rate the anime and it's soundtrack very highly :)

IGddkKj.jpg

After having to deal with a delay because getting stock was a problem, I finally have my physical copy of the endwalker soundtrack which does include MP3 files for the whole soundtrack on the disc (though a blu-ray drive is required to do so).

IGddkKj.jpg

After having to deal with a delay because getting stock was a problem, I finally have my physical copy of the endwalker soundtrack which does include MP3 files for the whole soundtrack on the disc (though a blu-ray drive is required to do so).
can you stick it in a PS3 if you still have one and copy them that way?

Here are the Round 4 photos for my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #7. Looks like I got a "Girls with Swords" theme going on with a couple of the posters here. The 4 posters randomly picked this time are:

Deathnote 2006 DVD Vol. 1 release poster (this one was an eBay purchase that actually shipped from Mexico, not from Japan)

deathnoteb2.jpg

Granblue Fantasy Season 2 2019 Blu-Ray and DVD Vol. 1 release poster (crazy chick with sword, I might be in love again, lol!)

granblue2b2.jpg

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! 2016 Playstation Vita promotional poster

snafub2.jpg

Fate Hollow Ataraxia 2005 Original Soundtrack CD promotional poster (love Saber's sword and action pose in this one)

fatehollowb2.jpg

Last edited:
Back