What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Here are the Round 1 photos from my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #7, which has 18 posters total in the order. The first ramdom pick of 4 posters includes two that are alternate versions of posters I have previously acquired. The reason I decided it would be OK to buy multiple versions of posters for the same anime title is mainly due to the manner I am storing my posters - having two posters back-to-back inside a poly sleeve makes it convenient for two posters of the same anime to be stored inside one sleeve.

I was especially stoked to get the last poster, being one of Bee Train's Girls with Guns trilogy...

Fullmetal Alchemist 2004 Square Enix AV Fair promotional poster

fma2b2.jpg

Full Metal Panic 2002 DVD/Video Mission 1 release poster

fmpanicaltb2.jpg

X - The Movie 2001 Clamp DVD release poster

xmovieb2.jpg

El Cazador de la Bruja 2007 DVD Vol. 1 release poster

elcazadorb2.jpg

Recevied the following titles today. Might do a collection update soon, as I don't have anything on order and don't plan to order anything till the month is over.

First up is Kikujiro from Amazon, I had all the Takeshi Kitano from Third Window Films on order, but cancelled the others as they didn't look that interesting to me.
View attachment 23488

Price (including shipping and tax): £12

Next up is a special Korean order, probably my first and last order at Plain Archive as the customs handling was a mess. It's the Limited Edition Drug War (#834 of 880 copies) and Believer 4K steelbook (#490 of 1000 copies).
View attachment 23489

To my surprise there was a signed postcard included for Believer as well.
Price (including shipping, tax and handling fee): £142
Kikujiro is easily in my top 3 Kitano films as its so different.
Along with Battle Royale & Zatoichi.

Haven't watched Battle Royale before, I got the 4K on the shelf. I didn't like his Zatoichi that much tbh 😅

My top Kitano would probably be:
1. Fireworks
2. Violent Cop
3. Outrage
4. Sonatine
5. Boiling Point

All of those are top-tier films to me though, I just need to watch BR and Kikujiro.
Zatoichi is very different from the traditional films in the series so i can totally understand people not liking it (and the crap CGI blood they had to use because all the clothes were so authentic and expensive)and Battle Royale isn't for everyone because of the in your face violence but his performance in both is top tier.

I love Outrage as well so I'll round it out to top 5 with possiblely his most weird and underrated film Takeshis'

I sent my faulty PS5 in for repairs last week. They must have taken one look at the two-page list of crash reports I enclosed with it and decided it wasn't worth trying to fix, because a replacement unit was delivered today, much faster than the 15-21 days they estimated. As far as I can tell it seems to be brand new rather than a refurb (that glossy black section scratches if you so much as breathe on it, and this one is pristine). It does seem to have a louder system fan than the previous one, but the level of coil whine doesn't appear to be any worse. Now to wait and see if it's more reliable than its predecessor.

I sent my faulty PS5 in for repairs last week. They must have taken one look at the two-page list of crash reports I enclosed with it and decided it wasn't worth trying to fix, because a replacement unit was delivered today, much faster than the 15-21 days they estimated. As far as I can tell it seems to be brand new rather than a refurb (that glossy black section scratches if you so much as breathe on it, and this one is pristine). It does seem to have a louder system fan than the previous one, but the level of coil whine doesn't appear to be any worse. Now to wait and see if it's more reliable than its predecessor.
I don't own a PS5 yet but if its fan are going full pelt and are loud, for a compact system that a good thing to an extent, the cooler your system is the longer all part should last. (its partly why I hate store bought PC's with there 1 fan)
It almost make me wonder why your previous/faulty one wasn't as loud.
Hope it works better for you this time around

I don't own a PS5 yet but if its fan are going full pelt and are loud, for a compact system that a good thing to an extent, the cooler your system is the longer all part should last. (its partly why I hate store bought PC's with there 1 fan)
It almost make me wonder why your previous/faulty one wasn't as loud.
Hope it works better for you this time around
There are two different brands of fans used in PS5s, and it's a coin toss which one you get. When I say the new one is louder, it's by no means loud. The old one was silent on the home screen and I could just hear a gentle rush of air during games. The new one has a more audible mechanical sound, but even on high speed it's nowhere near as loud as a PS4. It is a higher pitched sound than the PS4 though, which stands out more against in-game sound, but I imagine I'll get used to it.

Back