What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

The last of my pick ups for February. Payday on Monday then time to start all over again!!

IMG_20220225_125256958.jpg

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection - my dive into noir and classic thrillers will eventually bring me round to Hitchcock so i bought this lovely 10 film/digibook type set to prepare.

Hyouka and Nichijou - US Funi sets. Already watched and enjoyed Hyouka and want to rewatch it (bought from our own RedFemHedonist) and Nichijou was £16 off ebay. Tried watching it before, didn't click, want to try again.

Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon - More Hong Kong/Sammo goodness from Eureka. Love the artwork and the film, masterful stuff!

Been waiting for both Elden Ring and Heaven Feel-up 3 forever, so course they arrive on the exact same day. Like 🚌🚌...

Also included images of my S&W giganto LN anniversary edition, just 'cause. Came back into print so got it late last year. Posted some images, then deleted.

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_125201.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125201.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220225_125215.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125215.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220225_125256.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125256.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220225_125352.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125352.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220225_125410.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125410.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220225_125441.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125441.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220225_125517.jpg
    IMG_20220225_125517.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 6
No there isn't.

You get a folded poster of the digipack image. Gonna have to find a frame to fit as I want that on my wall.

Oh wow! That poster should be awesome - uh, not that I'm one who's really into anime posters at all... ;)

The only other 6-panel digipaks I own are inside the gorgeous Premium Collection DVD boxsets for The Twelve Kingdoms, and they are really nice digipaks too - here's a bunch of images I took in an old post over on "the other" anime forum (you have to open each of the spoilers, click the image resize bar which will actually close the image, and then re-open the spoiler to see the full-size images):

The Twelve Kingdoms DVD Digipak sets

Last edited:
Oh wow! That poster should be awesome - uh, not that I'm one who's really into anime posters at all... ;)

The only other 6-panel digipaks I own are inside the gorgeous Premium Collection DVD boxsets for The Twelve Kingdoms, and they are really nice digipaks too - here's a bunch of images I took in an old post over on "the other" anime forum (you have to open the spoiler, click the image resize bar which will close the image, and then re-open each spoiler to see the full-size images):

The Twelve Kingdoms DVD Digipak sets
I have those as well and its one of my all time fave shows (also own it on blu ray). They are just a quality release and i don't think i'll ever part with them.

I have those as well and its one of my all time fave shows (also own it on blu ray). They are just a quality release and i don't think i'll ever part with them.
Ah, that's great to hear you have them as well. 👍 I will never get rid of my copies either. I so much love that series - after you get past the first 3 episodes or so where Youko is so whiny, lol.

I commissioned Paul Champagne to make me a custom one-off storage box for my Twelve Kingdoms Blu-ray set, shortly before his equipment bit the dust and he stopped making custom aluminum boxes for anime - I think I posted that one in here before, a few years ago:

The Twelve Kingdoms - Custom Storage Box by Paul Champagne - Front
The Twelve Kingdoms - Custom Storage Box by Paul Champagne - Back

Last edited:
Here are the Round 3 photos from my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #5. The four posters that were packed inside the third box are:

3 x 3 Eyes 1991 OVA promotional poster

3x3eyesb2.jpg

Patlabor 2 the Movie 1993 Video Cassette and Laser Disc release poster

patlabor2b2.jpg

Jin-Roh 2000 Bandai English Version Theatrical poster.

jinrohb2.jpg

Fate / Zero 2011 Rental Start poster

fatezerob2.jpg

Is Anti-Magic Academy any good as a series? I always liked that it has my kind of image on the cover, of course, but I never saw any of the series. Maybe too much comedy in it for me? I don't know...

February 2022 Week 4 haul!

This week has a bunch of Blu-rays.

usslB6uh.jpg

On Monday, Lau Kar-wing's 1990 Hong Kong film Skinny Tiger & Fatty Dragon (瘦虎肥龍) featuring Sammo Hung and Karl Maka, arrived and was recently released on Blu-ray by distributor Eureka Entertainment. I'm a fan of Sammo's films so this was a no-brainer to acquire. Much like the Millionaires' Express release, the first print edition for this film also includes a second disc which features I Am the White Tiger, a documentary by Lee Chiu centred on stuntman and martial artist Mark Houghton.

cGpvPbKh.jpg

On Tuesday, Stephen Shin's 1991 Hong Kong film Black Cat (黑貓) featuring Jade Leung and Simon Yam, arrived and also recently released on Blu-ray, though in this instance it's from 88 Films which continues their deluxe edition treatment. The next Hong Kong film to get the same treatment is The Seventh Curse which is exciting.

LX1a8Veh.jpg

98rvxdvh.jpg

After a delay and arrived last Thursday, Black Lagoon limited edition Blu-ray is now released by Anime Limited. This box set includes The First Barrage, The Second Barrage and Roberta's Blood Trail using the Funimation discs. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

vo78uBVh.jpg

From Zavvi after a price-drop, Masaaki Yuasa's Ride Your Wave collector's edition Blu-ray from Anime Limited is now in the collection. I have already seen the film from the Japan Foundation Tour Programme back in February 2020 and was an okay film, so I held off on getting it until recently. The booklet is defective however as it duplicated page content (so one section is missing). You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

HDcneEbh.jpg

Because the spines were matching for some of the releases, I also picked up Ching Siu-tung's 1983 film Duel to the Death (生死決) from distributor Eureka Entertainment. This is a wuxia film as well so I'm looking forward to checking this one out.

Ah8mJOLh.jpg

And if you thought that was it, I also acquired Jimmy Wang Yu's 1971 film One Armed Boxer (獨臂拳王).

Dreadnaught, Knockabout, and Odd Couple all have matching spines so they have also been pre-ordered, which are coming in March & April. Korean thriller Midnight has also been ordered.

xmumDKyh.jpg

m6qLmeoh.jpg

Arrived today is the physical PlayStation 5 version of Record of Lodoss War ~Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth~ from publisher REDARTGAMES. As I pre-ordered before 2022, my order also came included with the Japanese pre-order items that were translated into English by the publisher, which is a really nice bonus to have. I was originally going to import the Japanese version until I found out about this. Despite being shipped from France, no customs thankfully.

HItay3lh.jpg

Last edited:
Back