What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

This week's pick ups, some funded by it being my birthday a week ago!

Anime:
IMG_20220212_190246455.jpg

Shiki - Been wanting to rewatch this for a while and it's nowhere to be seen on streaming platforms so had to buy it on ebay. Got it for a comparatively good price (£40)

Fire Force Season 2 - Loved the first season, can't wait to start this

Golblin Slayer: Goblin Crown and Jormugand Seasons 1&2 were cheap purchases from UP1 and amazon respectively. Already watched the former. The latter will be after FF.

Other:
IMG_20220212_185905115.jpg

Le Samourai - Criterion release of this classic starring Alain Delon.

Romeo is Bleeding - BFI release. Gary Oldman crime/noir

The Woman in the Window/Touch of Evil/Double Indemnity - Eureka releases. im on a binge of 40-50s crime/noir atm. Greats from Billy Wilder and Orson Welles here.

Beetlejuice/Backdraft/Lock Up - various 4k releases that were 3 for £30. Haven't watched the first two in around 25 years. The latter is supposed to be a good Stallone prison film.

How come your Psycho Pass S2 is in a Mob Psycho 100 case? 🤔

Casshern Sins is one I really need to get for my collection yet, I kept putting it off forever and don't own it yet . :(

EDIT: Welp, took care of that problem already! I just picked up a like new copy of the Funimation 4-Blu-ray complete series fatpack for only $20 on eBay. Yay!

Yaaaaasssss. There are no Girls with Guns but there are at least (AT LEAST, it's very episodic in its story) 4 or 5 mean ones, in their own way. There's a couple of Girls with Knives though.

It looks incredible today and always will, I reckon. Hope you watch it and enjoy it! It's contemplative and melancholic without being emo. All time favorite. Almost jealous of old school fans who got to see their favorite characters reinterpreted in such a beautiful way.

How come your Psycho Pass S2 is in a Mob Psycho 100 case? 🤔

Casshern Sins is one I really need to get for my collection yet, I kept putting it off forever and don't own it yet . :(

EDIT: Welp, took care of that problem already! I just picked up a like new copy of the Funimation 4-Blu-ray complete series fatpack for only $20 on eBay. Yay!
Just my brain not in gear and typed wrong name. Edited orginal post too the actual title it should be too of Mob Psycho 100 S2

Yep shame the UK blu-ray (Casshern sins) is part one only, so will have to get part as an import of part 2 or full set for the rest to be in blu-ray, or grab the second half on DVD.

Last edited:
I also received a Liz and the Blue Bird poster from the KyoAni Shop by using CD Japan's proxy service.
View attachment 23162
That's just a stock image because I can't put the poster up yet. It turns out Japan's idea of a B2 size poster is larger than the UK's, so it won't fit in any frames that are available domestically. I'll either have to import a frame (expensive), have one custom made (expensive), or just stick it up with blu-tack (lame); haven't decided yet.

On the plus side, CD Japan don't skimp on packaging, so it arrived intact.
View attachment 23163

1ilony.jpg

Yaaaaasssss. There are no Girls with Guns but there are at least (AT LEAST, it's very episodic in its story) 4 or 5 mean ones, in their own way. There's a couple of Girls with Knives though.
It looks incredible today and always will, I reckon. Hope you watch it and enjoy it! It's contemplative and melancholic without being emo. All time favorite. Almost jealous of old school fans who got to see their favorite characters reinterpreted in such a beautiful way.

Casshern Sins was one of the first few anime I watched on the Adult Swim anime block on American television back when I started this hobby, around 2012, so I've seen most of the series, but not every episode.

Last edited:
It's that time once again - Round 4 is now upon us, so here are photos of 4 more random titles from my most recent batch of 27 Japanese B2 anime posters for today's post. There's actually a couple of UK-exclusive titles that haven't been released in the US in this batch of posters!

AND, I just got notification in tracking that my Poster Order #4 is arriving in the mail tomorrow, so that will be 12 more posters tacked on to my daily photo posts, or 3 more rounds. Had enough yet?! 😁

Eden of the East 2009 DVD and Blu-ray release poster.

edeneastb2.jpg

Tokyo Marble Chocolate 2007 OVA and BMG Music CD release poster.

tokyomarbleb2.jpg

Silver Spoon 2013 Blu-ray and DVD release poster

silverspoon1b2.jpg

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World 2019 TV broadcast poster.

yunogirlb2.jpg

Last edited:
February Haul Week 2

A few packages between Friday to today. This week has been a 50 hour working week (Mon-Wed, Fri-Sun) which is why the haul post is today.

kw3oVhVh.jpg

First up we have more Nintendo Switch games thanks to a bundle Amazon UK did which had these two for £71.99 total - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Will be acquiring the DLC packs for both of these at a later point. I was actually concerned these would end up being the European copies but thankfully they're not so that's a great price overall, especially considering Smash Bros is usually pretty expensive to get.

17FJlrCh.jpg

Next we have another batch of manga. Starting off with Hiroya Oku's GANTZ Omnibus 3, covering Volumes 7-9. I've not yet read the previous Omnibus but considering I really enjoyed the first few volumes I'm probably going to wait until I own most of the series beforehand. Currently Dark Horse has scheduled up to Omnibus 10 this year, and there should be about 12 in total since the series has 37 volumes overall.

Also from Hiroya Oku is GIGANT Volumes 4 & 5. I did consider ordering Volume 6 also but the price was at SRP so I decided to hold off for a cheaper offer. This is also a 10 volume series so I wonder if Seven Seas will try to release all of it before the end of the year.

obTmpXrh.jpg

Keeping the world of harems going we have LINK's World's End Harem Volumes 11 & 12, which concludes the Part 1 of the story! From Volume 13 onwards its Part 2 aka World's End Harem: After World, which Seven Seas has scheduled for later in the year though I suspect the volume releases will slow down since they pretty much almost caught up at this point.

If that wasn't enough, we also have Tadahiro Miura's Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Volume 17. Making sure I'm up-to-date on acquiring the volumes for this series because I have a feeling Seven Seas will lower the print run on the later volumes due to its length. The series is 24 volumes long and Seven Seas are putting this series out quite fast so we could get all of the volumes before the end of the year at this rate.

hEwvZD2h.jpg

Arrived today we have Azur Lane on Blu-ray which dropped in price to about £15 on Amazon. The show has been going down in price for a while and I figured now was the time to grab it. The Blu-ray border is still a stupid design.

3zIwEeeh.jpg

Also arrived is another Nintendo Switch game with Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. The game's remaster released in 2020 and was still in stock and readily available so I decided to order it now than save it for later.

RipmYQI.gif

In terms of other Switch games, I do have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 incoming, which is currently one of the rarer games around and I want to get it out of the way. Another currently rare game that I've also ordered is Fire Emblem: Three Houses which will take a while to arrive due to delivery estimation.

Also from Hiroya Oku is GIGANT Volumes 4 & 5. I did consider ordering Volume 6 also but the price was at SRP so I decided to hold off for a cheaper offer. This is also a 10 volume series so I wonder if Seven Seas will try to release all of it before the end of the year.
I hadn't heard of this series, but it has two of my favourite things (giant monsters and giant boobs), so I jumped at it. The availability for it is really weird though. I can kind of understand volume 1 being unavailable in print already, but it's also gone from Kindle while still being on Bookwalker. I bought volumes 2-4 on Kindle, but volumes 5 onwards are print and Bookwalker only. I can't quite figure out what's going on there.

I hadn't heard of this series, but it has two of my favourite things (giant monsters and giant boobs), so I jumped at it. The availability for it is really weird though. I can kind of understand volume 1 being unavailable in print already, but it's also gone from Kindle while still being on Bookwalker. I bought volumes 2-4 on Kindle, but volumes 5 onwards are print and Bookwalker only. I can't quite figure out what's going on there.
There's a simple reason for Volume 1 - Amazon banned it, it got caught up with a bunch of Seven Seas and J-Novel titles that were removed from the platform. It's still readily available, but not on Amazon supported platforms.

There's a simple reason for Volume 1 - Amazon banned it, it got caught up with a bunch of Seven Seas and J-Novel titles that were removed from the platform. It's still readily available, but not on Amazon supported platforms.
Wow, not the answer I was expecting, especially since the volumes still available on Kindle are more explicit than volume 1. I'm starting to think I should double-dip and get 2-4 in print in case Amazon decide on a digital book-burning.

Manga on Kindle has become a nuisance. A few Seven Seas series I was reading vanished off the store, so now I'll never finish them.

Same with After School Bitchcraft (Yen Press) - I got volume 1 and 2 on Kindle, but now they're gone and presumably volume 3 (the last one) won't be on there either.

I'm not interested in the print versions because 1) they're too expensive (especially Seven Seas books) and B) I don't want dozens of manga volumes clogging up my living space.

Kindle is nice for Viz books, but I'm reluctant to try anything else on there now, because I know there's a chance I won't be able to finish them.

I'm not interested in the print versions because 1) they're too expensive (especially Seven Seas books) and B) I don't want dozens of manga volumes clogging up my living space.
Yeah, I'm mostly the same when it comes to manga. I cringe when I think of all the purges I've had to put my VHS/DVD/blu-ray/game collections through in the name of freeing up storage space. I could easily fill all the shelf space I freed up last time by buying a couple of mid-length manga series in print.

Ever since Amazon's bizarre crusade on banning various Manga & LN, I've tried to exclusively buy books from alternative stores, which can be tricky because they own other book stores like Bookdepository. Lately I mostly order from Blackwells, I previously tried Hive but they kept cancelling my orders, as their stock status is unreliable.

Yeah, I'm mostly the same when it comes to manga. I cringe when I think of all the purges I've had to put my VHS/DVD/blu-ray/game collections through in the name of freeing up storage space. I could easily fill all the shelf space I freed up last time by buying a couple of mid-length manga series in print.
just do what i do and put the cover for first entry in the series in a 4-5 disc case and stick other parts of the series in it, obviously with anime it only goes so far but with it'll cut down something like Final Destination from 5 cases to 1 case or kill la kill from 3 to 1

just do what i do and put the cover for first entry in the series in a 4-5 disc case and stick other parts of the series in it, obviously with anime it only goes so far but with it'll cut down something like Final Destination from 5 cases to 1 case or kill la kill from 3 to 1
I already did that several years ago for all the anime DVDs that were released in 4-8 separate volumes, so it's beyond that stage now, unfortunately. The next time I run out of space the only options will either be putting up more shelves or filing lower priority discs into folders...or more likely both.

A fre items today including the acrylic standies that were meant to be in the Plunderer LE but I completely forgot about.
View attachment 23071
@WMD Do you mind saying how you went about getting a replacement for the missing Standee from Plunderer CE Pt1.
I bought mine from UP1 and have contacted them and they are going to contact Funimation in regards to my missing Standee.
I was just wondering if you had any insight or knowledge on the hoop jumping required to get a missing item?

@WMD Do you mind saying how you went about getting a replacement for the missing Standee from Plunderer CE Pt1.
I bought mine from UP1 and have contacted them and they are going to contact Funimation in regards to my missing Standee.
I was just wondering if you had any insight or knowledge on the hoop jumping required to get a missing item?
I ordered through MVMs anime-on-line site. Honestly I didn't do anything. I never even contacted MVM to say they were missing. I just assumed MVM had them delivered seperately so they just sent them out when they got them.

Back