What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

So optimistic, there’s still time for them to cancel/delay it post-release or recall it. Wouldn’t be the first time.
The hypothetical of it being recalled is irrelevant to my comment. I don't want to get into another anti-Funimation debate so could you please take these kinds of remarks elsewhere?

January Week 3 Part 2 haul.

Three packages arrived between Wednesday and today, one from Amazon UK and the remaining two from United Publications.

IEOr9wjh.jpg

PH9fSadh.jpg
RKnMPCwh.jpg
9X50cnjh.jpg
C2xRDDph.jpg
rWiQ1BGh.jpg
bs6gBIVh.jpg
3wAiKbkh.jpg
oVL4e11h.jpg
VJ2UDIch.jpg
pLsZG9Gh.jpg
MFvLRylh.jpg
VdoWjMEh.jpg
kw9jgJ3h.jpg
SAfFvm1h.jpg
RAs8FZOh.jpg
sLr1VfMh.jpg
J1c3z3mh.jpg
TRKTntTh.jpg
u3HFYtOh.jpg
YEHhPS0h.jpg
cc6yhQth.jpg
X1dng4nh.jpg
IpFuOJWh.jpg
5j67EcDh.jpg
WhcKfgFh.jpg
xKclzNKh.jpg
jCJFbwhh.jpg
D1yC76Dh.jpg
MknIevKh.jpg
2n5eWURh.jpg
vATAcSMh.jpg
UubFaB0h.jpg
eyBl0M1h.jpg
xEEMMyvh.jpg
ZZgutRTh.jpg

3a8o8Poh.jpg
dAi4jSbh.jpg
N3i7NWuh.jpg
m5JIuUth.jpg

First up we have the remainder of Hunter x Hunter. Part 1 (which I've shown in the previous post) arrived last Tuesday, but I also received Part 2 last Wednesday (£14.99 from Amazon UK) and then decided to get Parts 3-5 via UP1 which arrived yesterday (£21.99 each plus postage). Price-wise in total was about £100 to get all 148 episodes. That's 16 Blu-ray discs as well.

8a7R013h.jpg

ppRrwlyh.jpg
ZrRsVjnh.jpg
Gdt3O1zh.jpg
5LYjYYlh.jpg
bzmtQD2h.jpg
3Sjsvqxh.jpg
9wneSTih.jpg

In addition to Hunter x Hunter Parts 3-5 I also ordered Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown so that I have the film with the slipcase out of the way. Looking forward to the second season in the works as per usual.

hU9iWOdh.jpg

GJFYvq0h.jpg
V9NiH20h.jpg
p6RtAhQh.jpg
hNQ1cDyh.jpg
jZhXqk5h.jpg

And arriving today, also from United Publications, is Isekai Quartet Season 1 which I decided to pre-order as I liked the show and because it's a short series the price was lower. However, in an interesting move this release does not come with a slipcase.

Golden Kamuy also didn't come with one, and I suspect going forward Funimation UK may be dropping them on catalog titles probably due to poor sales of their previous catalog releases.

January Week 3 Part 2 haul.

Three packages arrived between Wednesday and today, one from Amazon UK and the remaining two from United Publications.

IEOr9wjh.jpg

PH9fSadh.jpg
RKnMPCwh.jpg
9X50cnjh.jpg
C2xRDDph.jpg
rWiQ1BGh.jpg
bs6gBIVh.jpg
3wAiKbkh.jpg
oVL4e11h.jpg
VJ2UDIch.jpg
pLsZG9Gh.jpg
MFvLRylh.jpg
VdoWjMEh.jpg
kw9jgJ3h.jpg
SAfFvm1h.jpg
RAs8FZOh.jpg
sLr1VfMh.jpg
J1c3z3mh.jpg
TRKTntTh.jpg
u3HFYtOh.jpg
YEHhPS0h.jpg
cc6yhQth.jpg
X1dng4nh.jpg
IpFuOJWh.jpg
5j67EcDh.jpg
WhcKfgFh.jpg
xKclzNKh.jpg
jCJFbwhh.jpg
D1yC76Dh.jpg
MknIevKh.jpg
2n5eWURh.jpg
vATAcSMh.jpg
UubFaB0h.jpg
eyBl0M1h.jpg
xEEMMyvh.jpg
ZZgutRTh.jpg

3a8o8Poh.jpg
dAi4jSbh.jpg
N3i7NWuh.jpg
m5JIuUth.jpg

First up we have the remainder of Hunter x Hunter. Part 1 (which I've shown in the previous post) arrived last Tuesday, but I also received Part 2 last Wednesday (£14.99 from Amazon UK) and then decided to get Parts 3-5 via UP1 which arrived yesterday (£21.99 each plus postage). Price-wise in total was about £100 to get all 148 episodes. That's 16 Blu-ray discs as well.

8a7R013h.jpg

ppRrwlyh.jpg
ZrRsVjnh.jpg
Gdt3O1zh.jpg
5LYjYYlh.jpg
bzmtQD2h.jpg
3Sjsvqxh.jpg
9wneSTih.jpg

In addition to Hunter x Hunter Parts 3-5 I also ordered Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown so that I have the film with the slipcase out of the way. Looking forward to the second season in the works as per usual.

hU9iWOdh.jpg

GJFYvq0h.jpg
V9NiH20h.jpg
p6RtAhQh.jpg
hNQ1cDyh.jpg
jZhXqk5h.jpg

And arriving today, also from United Publications, is Isekai Quartet Season 1 which I decided to pre-order as I liked the show and because it's a short series the price was lower. However, in an interesting move this release does not come with a slipcase.

Golden Kamuy also didn't come with one, and I suspect going forward Funimation UK may be dropping them on catalog titles probably due to poor sales of their previous catalog releases.
Oh I hadn't realised Hunter x Hunter UK with part 1-5 was all of it. I assumed it would be similar to the US where there is 7 sets on Blu-ray.
Probably been mentioned before, but your post mentioning it was all 148 episodes made me realise we got a differnt set up.

Oh I hadn't realised Hunter x Hunter UK with part 1-5 was all of it. I assumed it would be similar to the US where there is 7 sets on Blu-ray.
Probably been mentioned before, but your post mentioning it was all 148 episodes made me realise we got a differnt set up.
Yeah we received the Australian Madman approach which had to re-author the discs anyway because of Viz.

vlYCxJUh.png

I presume Interspecies Reviewers is Region A locked then?
Yes, if I set my player to region B it says 'We're sorry, but due to licensing restrictions this disc can only be viewed on players in the USA and Canada'. It isn't geolocked though, as I could keep my geo location GB while just changing the region to A to play it without issue.

Yes, if I set my player to region B it says 'We're sorry, but due to licensing restrictions this disc can only be viewed on players in the USA and Canada'. It isn't geolocked though, as I could keep my geo location GB while just changing the region to A to play it without issue.
I thought so, considering the distributor is Nozomi (I think their 18+ Hentai label titles were also locked). I have a region free player anyway but it would have helped if the discs were multi-region considering UK ain't going to touch it and AU had refused classification.

Two titles arrived today!

As I've been in a Satoshi Kon mood, I went to pick up my favourite of his works, Tokyo Godfathers. I was surprised how hard to find it is on blu-ray now, fortunately I nabbed the last copy on CeX for £10.00 (plus p&p).
Though I just bought it, I wouldn't be against a re-release with the dub and would upgrade this copy for sure.

The other title is the new release of Isekai Quartet which is a really fun series, plus KonoSuba is my second favourite anime of all time so this was an instant pre-order, no question. As others have mentioned though, no slipcover which is a bit of a shame but it's not the end of the world, I'm happy I own it.

Tokyo Godfathers (BD) and Isekai Quartet (BD)

20220122_145332.jpg

Two titles arrived today!

As I've been in a Satoshi Kon mood, I went to pick up my favourite of his works, Tokyo Godfathers. I was surprised how hard to find it is on blu-ray now, fortunately I nabbed the last copy on CeX for £10.00 (plus p&p).
Though I just bought it, I wouldn't be against a re-release with the dub and would upgrade this copy for sure.

The other title is the new release of Isekai Quartet which is a really fun series, plus KonoSuba is my second favourite anime of all time so this was an instant pre-order, no question. As others have mentioned though, no slipcover which is a bit of a shame but it's not the end of the world, I'm happy I own it.

Tokyo Godfathers (BD) and Isekai Quartet (BD)

View attachment 22840

Thanks to your last post, I also remembered I had yet to watch Paprika and Steamboy and so I bought those and I'm also eyeing Metropolis, but I can't find Tokyo Godfathers anywhere - it's a shame. Maybe funimation will re-release it later on...

Thanks to your last post, I also remembered I had yet to watch Paprika and Steamboy and so I bought those and I'm also eyeing Metropolis, but I can't find Tokyo Godfathers anywhere - it's a shame. Maybe funimation will re-release it later on...
Glad to help 😁 I'm also yet to see and own Metropolis, will need to get that myself sometime.

I spotted a few AUS copies on ebay for around £20.00 but that's all I could find apart from the copy I got. Considering it's OOP now, maybe Manga Ent. / Funi don't have the license anymore, I remember being in a similar situation when I went to get their release of 5 Centimetres Per Second and that was impossible to find, fortunately AL announced their release some months later so I'd love it if AL could pick this up.

On a side note, I'm still yet to buy 5cm Per Second, I do wanna get the steelbook sometime.

Tokyo Godfathers is on Netflix atm if you want to watch it, prefer blu rays myself as well but streaming does in a pinch.

Glad to help 😁 I'm also yet to see and own Metropolis, will need to get that myself sometime.

I spotted a few AUS copies on ebay for around £20.00 but that's all I could find apart from the copy I got. Considering it's OOP now, maybe Manga Ent. / Funi don't have the license anymore, I remember being in a similar situation when I went to get their release of 5 Centimetres Per Second and that was impossible to find, fortunately AL announced their release some months later so I'd love it if AL could pick this up.

On a side note, I'm still yet to buy 5cm Per Second, I do wanna get the steelbook sometime.

I'm guessing watching it on Netflix will only make me want to own it even more, considering what I've read of it, but I think I'll follow sniper_samurai's advice and watch it that way - hoping someone picks it up for release late on!

Same for 5cm, waiting for a good deal on that!

Tokyo Godfathers is on Netflix atm if you want to watch it, prefer blu rays myself as well but streaming does in a pinch.

Yeah, as said above, I think I'll do just that in the meantime. Thanks!

I received a large batch of Japanese B2-sized anime posters this past week, for rotating out in the new poster snap frames I'll be soon mounting on my home theater room walls. I'll be spreading out the posting of the pics for them, though - It's too many posters to put in a single post, and it's also time consuming and a lot of effort getting tightly-rolled posters into the dang snap frames to photograph them without damaging them.

I've decided to post up three random anime posters at a time, which I'll be blindly selecting from the shipping box, since I can't actually tell what they are until I unroll them. I'll separate each of my posts by a day or two, so I won't be too rushed to get all of the posters unpacked and the photos taken.

So, for this first round of three Japanese B2 anime posters, I ended up randomly selecting:

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Geneon Universal poster
Rahxephon DVD and Video Rental poster
Banner of the Stars DVD and Video Rental poster

fsnubwb2.jpg

rahxephonb2.jpg

creststarsb2.jpg

Last edited:
Back