What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

From today and yesterday:
IMG_20220115_091804_5.jpg
The 4th volume of Vagabond VIZBIG Edition was the 9th print run dated April '21, but vol 5 is unavailable at the moment so hopefully they're doing 1 reprint a year?

Booklet and disc
IMG_20220115_092118_0.jpg
Sleeve and reverse
IMG_20220115_092141_7.jpg
IMG_20220115_092152_5.jpg

Character Design
IMG_20220115_092308_1.jpg
Background Illustration
IMG_20220115_092326_1.jpg

IMG_20220115_092713_1.jpg

I didn't even realize a deck of cards came with the Kakegurui order - can't wait to get mine, it's on it's way!

Did the UK set get the Netflix Dub, or the new Sentai Dub?
Sentai dub. Netflix are charging a lot of money for their dubs, obviously more than it costs to create an entirely new dub. Netflix are cooking the books to appear that they haven't recouped the dubbing cost on paper so they retain ownership and are then probably trying to charge the full cost of the dub, which is much higher than normal for Sentai as Netflix use Union actors.

Had plenty of orders this week, well over my monthly budget for January...oops.

IMG_20220115_122713932.jpg

One Punch Man - Kaze. I have seen thisso many times that I thought I should own it. Never watched the OVAs looking forward to these. Book is pretty awesome!
Bungo Stray Dogs (S1, 2 & OVA) and Fairy Gone Parts 1 and 2 are blind buys because they were cheap.
A Certain Magical Index 2 and A Certain Scientifc Railgun S were around £10 a pop on ebay and i'd been thinking about finally watching them (only seen Index S1)

IMG_20220115_122838218.jpg

Major Dundee - Arrow release. 60s Western from Peckinpah starring Charlton Heston. Packaging is sublime. Never watched this.
Invasion USA - 88 Films. Chuck Norris taking on allcomers as they try to invade america over the holidays.
The Flying Guillotine - 88 Films. OOP Shaw Bros film. Watched and enjoyed Dragon Missile last week and this is its precursor, Looking forward to the insane action.
Black Magic 2 - 88 Films. Another SB movie. Got teh first one, thought it was batshit crazy at times. Hope this is more of the same.
Hell Night - 101 Films Black Label. 80s Horror/early slasher starring Linda Blair of Exorcist fame. OOP and managed to snag for £10 from my local HMV.
The New Kids - 101 Films Black Label. Excellent 80s school violence/crime thriller with James Spader as teh main antagonist,

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

Huge thanks to @DragonBlaze67 for the STAR BLAZERS 2199 LE Part 1 set. Always able to find many OOP gems on their sale page 🔥

Collection almost up-to-date but just missing 2199 Part 2 Blu-ray (US release) so will continue the hunt 🏹
View attachment 22520View attachment 22521

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

🎆 First Package Drop post for 2022 🎇

5002.png
SMTV (Switch) Kindan no Nahobino BOX w/ Exclusive amiami Bonus

IMG_20220115_140439.jpg

6002.png
Almost giving into insanity, finally after the long wait we have finally got this high stakes gem. Shame they didn't release an Ultimate Edition rather than Blood-C (which I believe doesn't really deserve that treatment but oh well)

IMG_20220115_140200.jpgIMG_20220115_140213.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_140316.jpg
    IMG_20220115_140316.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220115_140333.jpg
    IMG_20220115_140333.jpg
    328.4 KB · Views: 3
I'd love to know what image is used on the back of the playing cards themselves - one of the images on the pack, or something different? Has anyone actually opened their cards?

I receved two anime shipments in the mail today, one title from AlltheAnime and three from Rightstuf:

El-Hazard -The Magnificent World- OVAs 1+2 Collector's Edition

Project A-ko
Girly Airforce
Tower of God Season 1

elhazardukce.jpg

akogirlytower.jpg

Wow you got El-Hazard before me while my tracking still hasn’t changed from the 10th and hasn’t got a reply to my contact form on ALs site (@anime_andrew)

Yes, so sorry, but this had to be just a fluke! 4 days from ship-date-to-delivery here in USA from the UK is insanely fast for Royal Mail/USPS - heck it even takes 6 days on average ship-date-to-delivery for me to get packages via USPS from Rightstuf, just going from Iowa to Pennsylvania!

Last edited:
Birthday haul post as I recently turned 33 so I'm now almost a third of a century in age! 🤯 Got Anohana for the dub (I already have the NIS America collector's release), some manga and a graphic novel from Waterstones, finally picked up Gurren Lagann (was reluctant to purchase due to the short sections that are upscaled video from the Bandai Anime Legends DVD release but ultimately relented), a cute plate and fancy bowl from Bert's Homestores, and a gorgeous scarf in pastels from the Irregular Choice Sanrio range (yes they do clothes as well as shoes now!) More to follow in the next post as I can only attach ten images per post :)

It’s so big and heavy!
😮
😮
😮
It’s like the anime boxset equivalent of one of those really big dildos that’s designed for people who, upon seeing one, giggle and say “ooh I like a challenge!” XD Dildo, or bollard? Anime Blu-ray set, or novelty training weight?
🤣
“Area man bludgeoned to death by large square object as yet unidentified but possibly linked to some sort of depression cult”
🤔

Attachments

• Anohana - The Flower We Saw That Day Standard Blu-ray.jpg
    Anohana - The Flower We Saw That Day Standard Blu-ray.jpg
    730.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition Blu-ray.jpg
    Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition Blu-ray.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 3
  • I Hear the Sunspot - Yuki Fumino.jpg
    I Hear the Sunspot - Yuki Fumino.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 3
  • My Love Mix-Up! Vol. 1 - Aruko x Wataru Hinekure.jpg