What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

December Week 3 Part 2 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Wednesday-Saturday.

Got a few packages arrive during Thursday & Friday so let's go over them in order.

08Ad4mSh.jpg

Iem11uPh.jpg
0ogqcRgh.jpg

First up we have some more light novels because I didn't pick any up for a while. I decided to get Monster Girl Doctor up-to-date because the price was just about right to grab them altogether. So what we have are Volumes 6, 7 & 8 as well as the prequel Monster Girl Doctor Zero, so effectively the English volumes are up-to-date as I said!

L76mrksh.jpg

1jbj28Ph.jpg
6gL8uUGh.jpg
L8h96x7h.jpg

Next we have more manga volumes, also up-to-date in terms of English releases for those specific titles. Those being The Dungeon of Black Company Volume 6, Hitomi-chan is Shy with Strangers Volume 2, and World's End Harem: Fantasia Volumes 4 & 5. All of these were released this year, so expect more volumes next year as per usual. The original plan was to conclude Destiny Lovers and World's End Harem Part 1 but the volumes were either SRP level pricing or wouldn't arrive in time.

GEKEm4gh.jpg

Then we have a package from Terracotta Distribution with Nobuhiko Obayashi's Anti-War Trilogy limited edition Blu-ray box set from Third Window Films. This covers Casting Blossoms to the Sky (Kono Sora no Hana: Nagaoka Hanabi Monogatari, 恓恮ē©ŗ恮花 é•·å²”čŠ±ē«ē‰©čŖž), Seven Weeks (No no nanananoka, 野恮ćŖćŖćŖ恮恋), and Hanagatami (花ē­). It's a really nice set and the discs do have some extras (not a lot because remember these films are quite long). You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

qSQiQaAh.jpg

The next day we have Neon Genesis Evangelion from Anime Limited in its ultimate edition Blu-ray box set glory. The set is large but was smaller than I had imagined, it's basically just a bit taller than the Perfect Blue ultimate edition. I knew there were reports about damage to the discs, and I can confirm that my package is fine, no sign of any marks and all 11 discs worked without issue. Also despite Khara being strict, these discs are Region A & B as well as offering unlockable subtitles (as spotted by some folks, the instrumental version of FMTTM is still there in Episode 15 of the ADV dub).

You can view more photos/specs on my blog - I didn't optimise the images due to being in a rush to watch No Way Home so enjoy the 4K HDR photos.

oShUo9nh.jpg

Next we have Dai Shogun: Great Revolution from MVM Entertainment. It's been a while since I bought a fanservice show like this so I figured why not. I forgot it was a one disc release lol.

EQRBajGh.jpg

Then we have Nichijou: My Ordinary Life from Funimation UK in a limited edition Blu-ray package. I ordered the set from United Publications because it was cheaper than Anime-on-Line at Ā£39 overall. The box is bigger than it needs to be, but the overall package is very good. Nice to finally own the series on Blu-ray. You can view more photos/specs on my blog.

And, I received yet two more of the Studio Ghibli Collector's Edition digipak sets on Friday 12/16, from Amazon.co.uk. I am now finally caught back up with all 13 of the currently available Ghibli CE digipaks, after Studiocanal released 6 new titles just within the past two months!

heheh, I combined both sets in the photo shoot to cut down on the number of photos this time:

Kiki's Delivery Service Collector's Edition
Whisper of the Heart Collector's Edition

kikiwhisperukce1.jpg

kikiwhisperukce2.jpg

kikiwhisperukce3.jpg

kikiwhisperukce4.jpg

Exclusive footage of yours truly on unboxing day (one sausage=one release)

sausage-throw.gif

It is I, your animu knight, on his single-handed crusade to save the UK home video anime industry, 10 titles at a time šŸ›”

Behold

20211220_111231.jpg

20211220_111340.jpg

20211220_111451.jpg

20211220_111539.jpg

20211220_111650.jpg

Not pictured is the Evangelion UE which I received as well but will only open on Christmas eve.

I am a hoarder, can't help myself. That's the ugly truth. With that said...

more-kylo-ren.gif

I believe this was my collection's last white whale. I stopped collecting for ages and discovered this was actually obtainable now.

There were times years ago where I was hovering over the buy button on used copies of the Japanese limited edition for like Ā£500 because I thought it would never get a UK set. Thankfully not the case anymore.
IMG_20211220_132914.jpgIMG_20211220_132924.jpgIMG_20211220_132938.jpgIMG_20211220_133031~2.jpg

Last edited:
I believe this was my collection's last white whale. I stopped collecting for ages and discovered this was actually obtainable now.

There were times years ago where I was hovering over the buy button on used copies of the Japanese limited edition for like Ā£500 because I thought it would never get a UK set. Thankfully not the case anymore.
View attachment 22301View attachment 22302View attachment 22303View attachment 22304

Yes, this will be a purchase for me next year. Like you i fell out of collecting (me back in 2017) but this was always something i wanted back in the day.

Yes, this will be a purchase for me next year. Like you i fell out of collecting (me back in 2017) but this was always something i wanted back in the day.
Yeah I remember back in 2014 when MVM did that other set and then I found out it was DVD only. I was still collecting then and it annoyed me. It took them so damn long to get a decent set out, the licensing on these must have been nightmarish.

View attachment 22301
It's always a great feeing to finally get something you've wanted for a long time but was always out of your reach, isn't it?! Congrats on the pickup! šŸ„³

I really love Garden of Sinners; About 6 years ago I was able to purchase both the Japanese standard edition like this UK set, and the oversized Japanese Limited Edition box set with the big digipak and art book, for about US$250 each. I also picked up a used set of the 7 individual Japanese DVD boxsets, specifically because they include an OST disc for each movie, and for the nice artwork on the boxes, even though the DVDs are not English friendly. And I have both the Japanese and Aniplex of America releases for Recalled Out Summer, to complete the series. Did I mention I really love this series? Well anyway, I really love this series... šŸ˜Š

Last edited:
The second to last batch of Christmas sale items arrived today (not counting pre-ordered titles), I got these near the end of the sale as they were only Ā£4.99 each before the 10% discount and I thought, might as well.

009 Re:Cyborg (Limited Edition) (BD + DVD), Aldnoah.Zero (Season Two) (Collector's Edition) (BD) and Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning (Limited Edition) (BD + DVD).

Will need to pick up the CE of AZ S1 and the LE of the second T&B movie sometime down the line.

20211220_160525.jpg

Back