What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Ah man stop tempting me to triple dip for Franxx! That dark blue sheen on the Steelbook looks lovely, any photos of the back with the main character as @Oldmario mentioned?

View attachment 22004

I officially declare the Month of Ikuhara starts now. Only Penguindrum missing and then, of course, deciding just where the hell am I going to find the time to watch all this.

View attachment 22005

As mentioned by another user, they definitely went the minimalist route this year, mine isn't even a blue box; it's a Bluf. box!

Contents in spoiler tags, just in case

Happy with my choice, 4 out 4 that I didn't have and only one where I'm like "meh" but I will watch it with an open mind, who knows!

Also tempted to get the red box now, even though I already have one of the titles.
I like your penguin-themed swap for your Ikuhara collection whilst awaiting Penguindrum heh. Dear sir you doth Bluf. too much.

Ah man stop tempting me to triple dip for Franxx! That dark blue sheen on the Steelbook looks lovely, any photos of the back with the main character as @Oldmario mentioned?
If you want to see the back, perhaps you should give in to the temptation. Here, I'll even leave you the link for it too 😊

Just teasing, when I get back home I'll update that post with more juicy shots 📸 Though if someone else has already opened their copy, by all means do the honours of providing the all angle photos.

Last edited:
I received four titles in the mail today from amazon.co.jp, along with a Newtype Magazine. Unfortunately these did not ship in a plank-in-a-box, they were just laid in the box with the magazine on the bottom - but amazingly amazon JP actually stuffed the box with brown paper in all the free space around the items, so they didn't bounce around inside the box. All arrived with no damage.

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul Theatrical Version (No English)
Her Blue Sky Limited Edition (English subtitles)
Earwig and the Witch silhouette series digipak (English dub and subtitles)
Space Battleship Yamato 2205 New Departure 1 (No English)
Newtype July 2021

mibhbsearwig2205jp.jpg

mibdeepsouljp.jpg

herblueskyjp.jpg

earwigjp.jpg

sby2205v1jp.jpg

I'm now caught up again with all 25 of the Japanese Studio Ghibli silhouette series digipaks that have been released to date:

25silhouettejp.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 22040
My MVM sale order of Little Busters! arrived today. As Season 1 comes in an oversized case I was able to house the cover art within a nine-disc BD case which now houses Season 2 and the OVAs as well.
I was going to do similar but Season 2 and OVA covers in 2 x 14mm cases of a 4 and a 5. But I kinda like your way better, I just have to source a 9 disc Blu ray case so well have to wait and see what I can find.
Unfortunatley the fat elites case connector clip break in the postage quite a lot, so I may struggle and just have to stick with my orginal plan.

Cheers, I've seen them around, may have even order some other cases from them before. But yeah they do look the best bet, so may well order that 10 set or maybe a 5 depending how many I may think I will use and have left over as spares for those occasions when they arrive broken.
EDIT: Pretty sure these are the same people but via an amazon store with some varying amounts and number of discs they hold, should you need more or differnt disc count.

Last edited:
ZPkaeYg.jpg

From rubber dome mush boards that stop working every one in a while on boot requiring reconnection to a mechanical red switch keyboard that has garbage anti-ghosting, and now to my cheapest mechanical keyboard (thanks to it being discounted along with an extra £7 voucher) with blue switches and the ability to hold down more then two keys without it freaking out.

We also have another sample of Amazon doing things stupidly with the address label stuck on the box (which I'm not throwing out since it's now storing the HP keyboard) and having what I call a herpies moment as from what I was told it was left on the doorstep in the rain.

The next step for this keyboard will be to have it's keys replaced (once I can get some pudding keycaps).

are they sending real Viva cases now? last time i looked on ebay their feedback was complaining about being bait and switched with low quality cases
The ones I received some months ago now appear to match the cases I’ve received in the past from Sentai and Funi releases.

Back