What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

All pickups for the past 1.5 months! - Forgot to add Redo of Healer and Indiana Jones 4K collection.
View attachment 21962
This reminded me that I still haven't got around to buying the final season of Game of Thrones. I just can't work up the enthusiasm to watch those disappointing last few episodes again.

Storyland - A New Mythology of Britain by Amy Jeffs in bigg thicc hardcover :cool:
Ooo, that looks interesting. I looked up the synopsis and I may have to get that one.

I received one title in the mail today from DeepDiscount, for all of the Man-of-Culture crowd - the Peter Gabriel - I mean, Peter Grill steelbook. So in order to help promote a little culture, I've done a small photo, uh, 'spread'... 😁

All 12 episodes are on a single Blu-ray, but each episode is half-length, so the equivalent of 6 episodes on one disc. The 32 page booklet is done on really heavy, glossy stock, so it's of very nice quality.

Peter Grill And The Philosopher's Time Collector's Edition Steelbook

petergrill1.jpg

petergrill2.jpg

petergrill3.jpg

petergrill4.jpg

I watched a couple of episodes on HBO Max, then just picked up the 4K release, the PQ is absolutely gorgeous! - The show itself is a blind buy :D
The early seasons are fantastic. It starts to wobble a bit later on, but only really loses its way in the terribly rushed final season.

December Week 1 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Wednesday-Friday lol.

We have four anime arrivals between Thursday and Friday.

saMRmLxh.jpg

R3SXbUkh.jpg

Starting off with the Rightstuf package from their Black Friday sale which covers two Aniplex of America releases that had a slight discount, but still better than paying them at their usual price point. The ones I ordered were Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day and Fate/Grand Order -First Order- limited edition Blu-ray sets. These two were released in October 2017 so it's reaching that point of 'it'll be gone sooner than later' status, so this sale was pretty good timing.

As usual, both sets are region free, unlockable subtitles and have English dubs. You can view photos & specs for both sets on my blog.

qqi2llfh.jpg

Also arrived on the same day as the Rightstuf package is the United Publications package that came with Code Geass: Akito the Exiled limited edition Blu-ray set from Funimation UK. UP1 was the cheapest to acquire these sets and it arrived before its 6th December release so that's handy. It's a pretty solid package, though I find the artwork used for the main slipcase to be a spoiler as someone who was wanting to go into this pretty blind.

The set is Region B locked, locked subtitles and has an English dub. You can view photos & specs on my blog.

5dc8P6Fh.jpg

The next day, an Anime Limited package came which was Penguindrum collector's edition Blu-ray set. Supposed to have been released back in August but is now finally here and it looks great. The booklet is very well detailed and comes with tons of content and the discs are done properly so this is the definitive version to watch the series.

The set is Region B locked (though for Region A players, you can bypass the lock screen by pressing Top-Menu), unlockable subtitles and has that English dub. You can view photos & specs on my blog.

20211204_175939.jpg

Farzam's beautiful Wong Kar Wai 4k criterion boxset inspired me to get the dollar store version, in French. The worst of both worlds!

But 15 eur for that many movies in a RIGID slipcase is a nice deal. I don't know what the hell French people have against rigid slipcases, their shiit is flimsy as hell, usually.

Also got the Jin-Roh AL FR edition. Was reticent about it, but I'm guessing at 40 pages, the contents of the booklet are the same. Lovely little piece.

Last edited:
View attachment 21996

Farzam's beautiful Wong Kar Wai 4k criterion boxset inspired me to get the dollar store version, in French. The worst of both worlds!

But 15 eur for that many movies in a RIGID slipcase is a nice deal. I don't know what the hell French people have against rigid slipcases, their shiit is flimsy as hell, usually.

Also got the Jin-Roh AL FR edition. Was reticent about it, but I'm guessing at 40 pages, the contents of the booklet are the same. Lovely little piece.
Farzam's set is gorgeous indeed though I too would be more tempted by the bargain €15 set, seeing as I can only being myself to part with £150 or more for media involving giant mecha battling angels whilst their pilots have nervous breakdowns. That Jin-Roh Steelbook is beautiful by the way, I'm loving it's back especially.

I got it from Amazon’s Criterion sale, plus it had a $20 coupon. So $80 + shipping/customs. However, I would say it was well worth the retail price of $200, if I had paid that.

You got the US version? Is it region free or is the A region not a problem for you? Because 150 dollarydoos certainly isn't the same as 150 quid! I want to get it eventually, but yeah, not at that price, I think.

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

View attachment 21941

View attachment 21942

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

6002.png
Zavvi exclusives SteelBook fresh through the letterbox. I do love the cold sensation from touching the SteelBook after attracting the outside chill ❄️
Polish_20211205_142039250.jpg

5002.png
Think the last time I played Danganronpa was from the first release back on the beast that was called PSP (PlayStation Portable). Those were the days 😁 Although I already own most of the main entries console limited edition sets, Switch/VITA is the way to go 🔥
Polish_20211205_142103310.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211206_204813.jpg
    IMG_20211206_204813.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20211206_204828.jpg
    IMG_20211206_204828.jpg
    928.1 KB · Views: 5
20211206_094947.jpg

I officially declare the Month of Ikuhara starts now. Only Penguindrum missing and then, of course, deciding just where the hell am I going to find the time to watch all this.

20211206_093042.jpg

As mentioned by another user, they definitely went the minimalist route this year, mine isn't even a blue box; it's a Bluf. box!

Contents in spoiler tags, just in case

20211206_095123.jpg

Happy with my choice, 4 out 4 that I didn't have and only one where I'm like "meh" but I will watch it with an open mind, who knows!

Also tempted to get the red box now, even though I already have one of the titles.

Back