What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It arrived in those wrap around cardboard sleeves like AL do.

Ah crap - Zavvi had shipped me the oversized Ghost in the Shell CE in one one of those cardboard wing-things back when it was released, and it was destroyed in shipping overseas to the US, and when I finally got a replacement after shipping back the first one, the replacement set arrived damaged too. Doesn't bode well for me getting the Evangelion CE in any kind of decent shape then, either. At least this CE isn't as huge as the GitS one, so hopefully it makes it ok.

Ah crap - Zavvi had shipped me the oversized Ghost in the Shell CE in one one of those cardboard wing-things back when it was released, and it was destroyed in shipping overseas to the US, and when I finally got a replacement after shipping back the first one, the replacement set arrived damaged too. Doesn't bode well for me getting the Evangelion CE in any kind of decent shape then, either. At least this CE isn't as huge as the GitS one, so hopefully it makes it ok.
And that’s why I don’t order CE from zavvi anymore…! I cancelled my Eva CE from them just before they start shipping..!
AnimeLimited does not sell it so it’s a hard pass for me!
Rightstuf sells it for about 250$ ( customs included etc.) but I think GKids discs are Region locked????
And of course I’m not a fan of the big and ugly UE ..!

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

View attachment 21451

View attachment 21445

View attachment 21446View attachment 21449

6003.png

View attachment 21448

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

1636036584809.png
IMG20211104140051.jpg

1636035950712.png
Polish_20211104_143235971.jpg
Finally, these AK deadly duo have arrived 🔥 Now waiting on Lappland's release.

Last edited:
Week 1 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Monday-Friday lol.

CEnMqPHh.jpg

kKs9uhZh.jpg
69MdLAFh.jpg

First up we have more video game imports for the collection. I was hoping these would arrive last week for the October haul but instead they turned up together in around Tuesday. No customs for Solaris Japan once again.

From Solaris Japan we have Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone DX (初音ミク Project DIVA Future Tone DX), an almost complete edition of the music rhythm game (almost complete because two MegaMix DLC packs came out three years later, but everything else is on the disc). You can carry over save data from the digital version onto the physical release which is great, and the DX version does include a Platinum trophy. I made a blogpost going over this game but pretty much this has 238 songs total not including the MegaMix DLC packs, the biggest in any Miku related game released so far.

Also from Solaris Japan is Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! (Taiko no Tatsujin Session de Dodon ga Don!, 太鼓の達人 セッションでドドンがドン!), another instalment in the drum playing music rhythm series from Bandai Namco. The PlayStation 4 Japanese release, as well as the Asian release, all have English support which is very neat. This game includes 75 songs and tons more via DLC packs.

From Play-Asia, we have Bullet Girls Phantasia, the third instalment in the Bullet Girls series and the only one released in English (the first two were Japan only for Vita). This game is actually an isekai so there's sword fights also included to the gun fights. Much like Omega Labyrinth, D3 Publisher's usual lewd antics are in this game and in a smart and logical move it's only released in Asia. The version I ordered from Play-Asia is the Price Cut edition which is exactly the same package but cheaper in price.

mwO4Eldh.jpg

1fzbMC7h.jpg
v1T3HiGh.jpg

Next a day later came my Asian Cinema package from Arrow Video's Halloween sale. In case something turned up this week that required paying, I only ordered two film collections distributed by Third Window Films from the sale and they were the most limited of the bunch i.e. one print run only.

The first is One Cut of the Dead: Hollywood Edition, a new release of the classic 2017 film that includes the 2019 television spin-off special film One Cut of the Dead in Hollywood. Third Window has confirmed the spin-off is exclusive to this edition and will not be released separately, especially because the disc has been re-authored to include both films together. It's still worth keeping the original limited edition, because the Pilot film isn't included in this release.

The second is Pink Films Vol. 5 & 6, the third collection of adult Japanese films which have a limited run due to their nicheness (Vol. 1 & 2 and Vol. 3 & 4 are already out of print). While German distributor Rapid Eye Movies only restored five films, Third Window Films included a sixth film to the collection which is actually one of their previously released titles now on Blu-ray. The two films are Women Hell Song, directed by Mamoru Watanabe and released in 1970, and Underwater Love, directed by Shinji Imaoka and released in 2011. Also included is the film Forbidden Techniques, directed by Kan Mukai in 1966 however it is only available in German audio with English subtitles.

Finally got a second copy of my favourite box set after some seriously water damage destroyed my original copy.
After the Lucky Stars set sold out at record speed 88/Eureka/Arrow need to release these on blu ray ASAP!!!!!!!
20211106_143612.jpg
20211106_143620.jpg
20211106_143541.jpg
And two newer releases I got awhile ago
20211106_143657.jpg

Back