What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Och, I forgot about something:

img_1875_wynik.jpg

I perfect condition, so I'm safe with this item.

Have you read his mistborn books?
I have indeed. Final Empire was the first Sanderson book I read actually. They're so good both the first trilogy and the Wax and Wanyne books.

I'm a big fan of Sanderson in general. The Stormlight Archive has the best world building on any books I've ever read to be honest.

I received today... an email... but it's anime related!

I'm currently in the process of refinancing my home, and the loan officer I'm dealing with lives in California. In the course of our conversations over the phone, he found out I was into anime. He told me he was just starting to get into anime himself, and a buddy of his has already showed him a few series so far.

Today I received an email from him with a photo attached, with this in the email:

Check out this Tacoma I saw yesterday evening on the way to a concert, kitted out with a full Cowboy Bebop wrap! Apparently there was an actual 'Anime + Car' meet right near Disneyland, though I didn't get a chance to see their meet unfortunately.

Haha! This is a truck designed just for GwG myself - a girl with a gun right on the side! 🥰

beboptruckwrap.jpg

I read manga but never read dojinshi. I do not accept this creation ;)

I mainly read manga which:
  • have no adaptation
  • adaptation does not complete the whole thing
  • adaptation changes a lot / was performed poorly
Bit late to the party on this discussion (as always) really need to come on here more often. Imagine ONLY watching the Berserk adaptations 🤢 🤮 I Jest....to each their own.

Just to keep in line with the thread here's some recent pickups.

Attachments

• PA.jpg
    PA.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 1
  • CM.jpg
    CM.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 1
Is the 1.01 version much different from the 1.11 version?
It's not hugely different, but they're interesting to compare. 🙂

The 1.01 version is very close to the original 1.0 cinema cut, I believe, but then 1.11 added some extra scenes towards the beginning of the film, made brightness corrections, and also made some tweaks to things like shot framing and backgrounds. This article from the website Evageeks is a useful explanation:

The cuts numbered x127 (card added to dashboard), A169 (Shinji repositioned), x187 (different NERV logo), x231 (different lettering on Entry Plug) and 457 (fisheye lens added) are some interesting examples.

It's not hugely different, but they're interesting to compare. 🙂

The 1.01 version is very close to the original 1.0 cinema cut, I believe, but then 1.11 added some extra scenes towards the beginning of the film, made brightness corrections, and also made some tweaks to things like shot framing and backgrounds. This article from the website Evageeks is a useful explanation:

The cuts numbered x127 (card added to dashboard), A169 (Shinji repositioned), x187 (different NERV logo), x231 (different lettering on Entry Plug) and 457 (fisheye lens added) are some interesting examples.
That's some interesting differences 😃 I never would've been able to spot those differences myself.

That's some interesting differences 😃 I never would've been able to spot those differences myself.
I wouldn't either, to be honest. I think that some fans actually compare things side-by-side on separate monitors to be able to spot the smaller details.

I hope you enjoy the DVDs, Robin. 🙂👍
Your set should also include a little booklet. The content is the same as the booklet that was included with the Evangelion 1.11 collector's edition that Anime Limited released a few years ago.

I wouldn't either, to be honest. I think that some fans actually compare things side-by-side on separate monitors to be able to spot the smaller details.

I hope you enjoy the DVDs, Robin. 🙂👍
Your set should also include a little booklet. The content is the same as the booklet that was included with the Evangelion 1.11 collector's edition that Anime Limited released a few years ago.
Thank you 😃 Yeah, there was a tiny booklet in there that I'll have to check out. Hopefully we'll get a complete collection of the rebuild movies in the future since the releases are a bit inconsistent.

Just received Aria the Masterpiece volume 7 and it sure has a funny printing error. The title is missing from the front cover! Considering the absolute state of Aria's availability I can't be bothered to ask for a replacement lol

Just received Aria the Masterpiece volume 7 and it sure has a funny printing error. The title is missing from the front cover! Considering the absolute state of Aria's availability I can't be bothered to ask for a replacement lol
That’s kind of a cool error actually, makes the cover cleaner! I’d surely hang on to that just as an oddity.

Also I really don’t think anyone should be too concerned about availability of certain titles at the moment, I have spoken in greater detail with my local manga retailer again recently who has confirmed it’s not due to titles going OOP, more to do with actually getting hold of stock, since shops were closed for so long due to lockdown that retailers weren’t buying them, so obviously manufacturers and distributors didn’t want to print/buy thousands of copies they’d only have to warehouse for months. Now shops are open again, this has had the effect there isn’t enough supply to fill demand. He thinks it might still take a little while to get back to normal (and please, let’s not have another lockdown, I can only imagine how screwed independent comics shops will be if there is).

That all said, I was a bit miffed when I bought Aria Vol.4 the other day from Amazon the other day for £15 and it immediately went down to £11. Probably I should just wait.

Back