What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Th2Uz9kh.jpg

CRSjujRh.jpg
Fm1jvu3h.jpg
4TjDhE8h.jpg

Today's arrivals are in two packages. The first is Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory, a music rhythm video game for the PlayStation 4 from Square Enix. Another spin-off but also canon, but either way I am a fan of both the genre of choice and the franchise so this is going to be a fun ride.

gVuRUf6h.jpg

K8FCdxfh.jpg

The second package is OVERLORD light novel volumes 5 & 6 from Yen Press. I decided to get some more OVERLORD books since the stock situation is random for every title out there, and considering OVERLORD is hardcover that puts the series at a higher chance of going out of print like Baccano! has done.

To provide a bit more context, originally the funds were going to go towards Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster, but the game had ran into stock issues so I decided considering it just got released that I should wait a bit longer in case a better price comes along. So I used those funds to get both Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory and OVERLORD books as a result.

RXVBtJ5.jpg

I did receive this today, but it's now back in its box to be sent back to amazon because even though it has more features then the same model sold by music public kingdom (that being a headphone socket and USB out) and even with this being an amazon warehouse scratch and dent with only the box having a few dents, the speakers were non functional and the headphone socket was going the way of the one on the original GPO PR50 I got and the player has a bad case of my current PR50 and is possible that anti skate is non existent as the record I used to test it got stuck in a loop near the end and if it wasn't for that I would have kept it since the tracking force was 3.15g (which is below the recommended for the AT3600L and better then what GPO managed) but the loop skipping issue killed it so I might just stick with getting a more decent player and a dedicated amp.

Wow, I would never even consider buying anything Crosley, their stuff is about as cheap as you can get. You're just throwing away money on that junk. You should save your money and wait until you can afford something that is actually a real turntable. Heh, I would be really disappointed if that Crosley doesn't come with a built-in 8-track tape player, too!

Wow, I would never even consider buying anything Crosley, their stuff is about as cheap as you can get. You're just throwing away money on that junk. You should save your money and wait until you can afford something that is actually a real turntable. Heh, I would be really disappointed if that Crosley doesn't come with a built-in 8-track tape player, too!
Not as cheap as the first portable turntable I got and that was a better unit (also the GPO PR50 was cheaper then that by £7 or so) and the cheap turntable mechanisms have been around for at least 3 decades and aren't something that crosley made up before they launched the cruiser.

I meant cheap as in quality, not price.

I had been looking at possibly getting myself a new turntable, but I was looking for something in the $600-$800 range. I do still have my original Technics SL-7 turntable with a decent-quality Ortofon 30 cartridge, which I purchased new for about $350 back in 1980 when I was in college. It's one of their linear tracking turntables that can play even when mounted vertically on a wall - one was used as a prop in the movie Bladerunner, and can be seen mounted on the wall in Decker's apartment. It still works, but I probably should replace the tracking arm belt in it after 40 years. I also still have about 200 LP albums remaining from my high school / college days. I used to have twice as many but sold a lot of them after I was out of college. Now I wish I still had many of those I got rid of.

Last edited:
So today's post came four different packages! Let's take a look.

DJtTScih.jpg

Uiuohcgh.jpg
CdTmpDGh.jpg

The first is Destiny Lovers volume 4 from publisher Seven Seas & Ghost Ship. For some random reason, Amazon price dropped this volume down to £2.12 and I went for it and it's still up. It's handy that the book is new without issues so that's real handy.

pnUuIDTh.jpg

ER4Sxszh.jpg

z454oLth.jpg

MRZyMd6h.jpg

2PfTuivh.jpg

eUVmXsUh.jpg

Next we have two PlayStation 3 games that were acquired via CeX and eBay. Starting off with inFAMOUS 2 which came from eBay and the condition was much better than I had predicted and the game does work so that's handy. The other game is Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One which arrived in a PlayStation 4 game case so I swapped it with a regular Blu-ray case for the time being. Other than that the condition for the rest is pretty decent.

And last but not least is my Solaris Japan package from Japan. This is my first import order from the retailer in two years so it's been a while, but it was a pretty risky one because of the VAT changes since 1st January (i.e no matter what value the items are, customs is guaranteed unless it's pre-paid). This expensive package arrived without any charges, which was both bizarre and interesting.

lqEVmMqh.jpg

9MR9sF7h.jpg
KWS0M8yh.jpg
aGNuBPUh.jpg

Anywho, the games I chosen were Biohazard: Chronicles HD Selection (バイオハザード クロニクルズ HD セレクション) and Dungeons & Dragons Mystara Eiyuu Senki (ダンジョンズ&ドラゴンズ ミスタラ英雄戦記), both published and developed by Capcom. Now I should clarify - both of these games are available digitally on the UK/US PlayStation store but owning a physical copy is better than digital especially for PS3 since most are often on the disc, though for Biohazard it was an install disc like Strider Hiryu was.

Biohazard: Chronicles HD Selection is a collection of two Nintendo Wii on-rail shooters; Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, which were remastered for PlayStation 3. Both games support the PlayStation Move controller. Japan got a physical release and I can confirm this version does offer English voices and English menu text (instructions, subtitles and various parts are in Japanese) so this is almost a 100% English friendly release, but it's overall solid enough considering the whole game is essentially on-rails.

Dungeons & Dragons Mystara Eiyuu Senki, known in English as Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, is a collection of two classic 90s arcade games Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom and Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara, both were developed by Capcom. The collection's remaster was handled by Iron Galaxy Studios in the west, but in Japan it was actually done internally by Capcom and the original team who worked on the games, so the end result is two different versions of the same game. The games are in Japanese but as they are arcade beat em ups it's partially friendly, but there are branching paths and RPG-esque systems that will need a walkthrough. Overall I am very happy to own this game because it has been going up in value by a lot, and out of all of the Japanese imports I have done for the PS3, this game is the rarest.

I do have more photos for both games, but I plan to sort out a blogpost for them at a later point like I have done with previous imports.

So today's post came four different packages! Let's take a look.

DJtTScih.jpg

The first is Destiny Lovers volume 4 from publisher Seven Seas & Ghost Ship. For some random reason, Amazon price dropped this volume down to £2.12 and I went for it and it's still up. It's handy that the book is new without issues so that's real handy.
That cover looks a bit "handy" too... 😁

Back