What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IMAG0156.jpg
Can't say I'm massively impressed with the condition this arrived in from Amazon. I'm trying to decide if I'm bothered enough about the damaged o-ring to ask for a replacement or if I'll just bin it. I'd probably be less annoyed if Ghibli films ever sold for less than £15.

I haven't posted in this thread in ages, but I've got to make an exception for what arrived today:
IMG_20210510_185330350.jpg

Paranoia Agent on Blu-ray. All of it: uncut, at last. A huge thank you to @MVM for bringing us this. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. 👏

It's a lovely collector's edition; the outer box is excellent, and I can't help but notice that the art cards match the front covers of the four volumes of MVM's original DVD release. That's a nice touch. 👌

View attachment 18834
Can't say I'm massively impressed with the condition this arrived in from Amazon. I'm trying to decide if I'm bothered enough about the damaged o-ring to ask for a replacement or if I'll just bin it. I'd probably be less annoyed if Ghibli films ever sold for less than £15.
Defo get in touch with Amazon about that. I had my slipcover arrive in a similar condition when I ordered GitS Solid State Society and they gave me a full refund so I got it for free essentially. Could also be a partial refund but definitely worth asking.

View attachment 18834
Wow! Definitely try and get some money back for that!
I got a couple of o-rings from StudioCanal because I got a couple of editions that came without. Actually looking back at my emails one was Arrietty which was a replacement scheme, for the wrong numbering IIRC, and then Ponyo which came without.
Here's the email address I used: [email protected]

View attachment 18834
You can literally just log into you Amazon account and order a replacement - they won't challenge this and you don't have to speak to anyone (all you need do is print the return label, repackage it and send it back). The whole process is automated and I've used it many times for issues like this.

You can literally just log into you Amazon account and order a replacement - they won't challenge this and you don't have to speak to anyone (all you need do is print the return label, repackage it and send it back). The whole process is automated and I've used it many times for issues like this.
More worth it to contact customer support through their live chat function.

You'll get something extra for the hassle like credit.

I received my second copy of the Planetes CE from AlltheAnime yesterday. I had placed an order for this along with a second copy of Violet Evergarden, which has been delayed yet again. I won't bother posting another image here since it looks very suspiciously like the first copy of Planetes I received from AOL 10 days ago...
icon_smile.gif

Violet Evergarden and Planetes were my top two priority Collector's Edtions for me to import from the UK so far this year, so I got a bit nervous about any shipping damage with them traveling overseas to the US. So, I ordered two sets of both - one of each from AOL and one of each from AtA. I did have one box corner crushed a bit in shipping on the first Planetes set, but this second one arrived pristine. My first VE set arrived pristine as well. Now I'm just waiting patiently on the restock delay at AtA for my second VE box set to ship. 😴

Last edited:
View attachment 18834
I usually just store them anyway. I know this is a crime to most but when one arrives either in this condition or without a slip, it just ruins the whole aesthetic of the shelf so I just display them without.

Back