What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

While I don't have plans to get the PERSONA 5 CEs (due to how bad the anime was), I do like the fact that the cases are the Criterion type (it has a name but it escapes me atm).
Guess you mean their Scanavo cases. They’re nice clear cases, but unfortunately back in the day not readily available and seemed to be custom made for Criterion. Not sure if that’s still the case.

Guess you mean their Scanavo cases. They’re nice clear cases, but unfortunately back in the day not readily available and seemed to be custom made for Criterion. Not sure if that’s still the case.
Yeah that's the name I was thinking of. It seems more indie distributors are using them now because I believe the regular clear Amaray cases were being discontinued?

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

💢 ANIME
A selection of Limited Collector's Edition releases from Funimation, Madman and AllTheAnime. Received P5A CE yesterday but opted to post today with more item arrivals.

View attachment 18622

🎮 GAME
Had this title on my watchlist for quite a while back before release. Finally decided to check it out this time round.

View attachment 18623

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

💢 ANIME
Clannad Limited Edition from UP1 eBay store page arrived earlier this morning. The two SteelBook complete box set is from my own collection. Seriously how's it Germany always gets the coolest and high priority releases. I know Japan has a soft spot for the greatness that is Deutschland. Though could us UK folks receive some of that sweet treatment as well, pretty please 🙏

Polish_20210501_195643692.png

🎮 GAME
I've kept quite a watchful eye on this cult classic that is Shenmue for a long time pre Shenmue 3 but...​

"Shenmue 3 is coming! YEAH!" So says the internet at large. But who would dare betray their ignorance and whisper the damning question that's causing tell-tale question marks to appear above so many heads: What the f*ck is Shenmue? And quite rightly.

Pretty much me in a nutshell. I understand it was without a doubt a gem ahead of it's time on the Dreamcast but that was more than 10 years ago. I still fail to see the appeal til this day (especially that awful voice acting).
Polish_20210501_201345207.png
Already own the stunning EU release "Bountiful Beauties Edition" but you know... Senran Kagura. How can I pass up on more wholesome content? 👉👈

Polish_20210501_201724941.png

Attachments

• Polish_20210501_200014933.png
    Polish_20210501_200014933.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Polish_20210501_200555959.png
    Polish_20210501_200555959.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • Polish_20210501_201000359.png
    Polish_20210501_201000359.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
The two SteelBook complete box set is from my own collection.
I also have these in my collections and absolutely love them. The box art is so simple and clean. Do you also have the extras that came with it? I used to have the Dango plushes displayed on the same shelves as the boxes. But as my collection grew, I had to use the space more efficiently, so now I only have the Botan plush on display.

Seriously how's it Germany always gets the coolest and high priority releases. I know Japan has a soft spot for the greatness that is Deutschland. Though could us UK folks receive some of that sweet treatment as well, pretty please 🙏
Definitely jealous of ze Germans with those lovely sets, though 8 steelbooks seems like overkill! I remember ordering a very nicely packaged soundtrack for Clannad from Amazon only to discover all the text was in German heh.

FBD151D9-41C3-4958-9EEB-D0F07A2169B5.jpeg
Manga deliveries and HMV blu-ray impulse buys. I don’t for a second believe those “was £21.99” prices on Maquia and Walk on Girl, unless they were labelled at that price while the store was closed during lockdown...

Edit: Joy when I opened Maquia and Night is short to find they had clean reversible covers, misery when I opened Your Name to find that it didn’t. Of all of them, I felt Your Name was the most likely candidate with its unfortunate movie poster text all over the bottom of the front cover. Oh well.

Last edited:
Careful with the glue on that set, kind of brutal!
So I've heard 😂 I'll be leaving the glue beast alone ⛔ I keep my brand new products in exactly the same condition w/ the packaging seal intact and all 🙌

Attachments

• IMG20210502162606.jpg
    IMG20210502162606.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG20210502162734.jpg
    IMG20210502162734.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 14
I'll be leaving the glue beast alone ⛔ I keep my brand new products in exactly the same condition w/ the packaging seal intact and all
Just so you know, that might not be the best idea if you want to keep them mint. Over time, the paper cover becomes more interested in remaining stuck to the glue dots than it does the card box, making them even harder to remove without pulling/ripping the box cover. I’ve seen this on a couple of things I’ve bought second-hand. Up to you of course, but I’m happy to sacrifice the info sheets (which go in the bin anyway, like my obi strips :p) to keep the box nice; I’ve found if you just peel them off from each corner it usually works fine, I’ve never had these issues other people have removing them (perhaps because I don’t give a toss about the info sheets, I dunno).

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

💢 ANIME
Clannad Limited Edition from UP1 eBay store page arrived earlier this morning. The two SteelBook complete box set is from my own collection. Seriously how's it Germany always gets the coolest and high priority releases. I know Japan has a soft spot for the greatness that is Deutschland. Though could us UK folks receive some of that sweet treatment as well, pretty please 🙏
I've kept quite a watchful eye on this cult classic that is Shenmue for a long time pre Shenmue 3 but...​

"Shenmue 3 is coming! YEAH!" So says the internet at large. But who would dare betray their ignorance and whisper the damning question that's causing tell-tale question marks to appear above so many heads: What the f*ck is Shenmue? And quite rightly.

Pretty much me in a nutshell. I understand it was without a doubt a gem ahead of it's time on the Dreamcast but that was more than 10 years ago. I still fail to see the appeal til this day (especially that awful voice acting).
View attachment 18661
Already own the stunning EU release "Bountiful Beauties Edition" but you know... Senran Kagura. How can I pass up on more wholesome content? 👉👈

View attachment 18662

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

Polish_20210502_204746650.png

💢 ANIME
Sunday package from Amazon EU (these guys are on another level. Literally ordered 2 days ago). German BD Vol 1. release for TRIAGE X w/ Slipbox.

The Germans are at it again. The innovation that goes into presenting their releases is simply 👨‍🍳🤌💋.

Removable FSK age rating sticker ✅
Reversible Blu-ray cover art to hide FSK ✅
Thin Blu-ray case for reduced storage ✅
Additional space to place UK release BD inside Slipbox ✅ (non intentional but still 100 steps ahead)

The UK releases used to be seriously nerfed back in the days, perhaps still are. Though seriously, the Germans are just built different 😂 Look how cool their Clannad sets and many other titles were 👀

Attachments

• Polish_20210502_204822555.png
    Polish_20210502_204822555.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • Polish_20210502_212307221.png
    Polish_20210502_212307221.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Polish_20210502_210806300.png
    Polish_20210502_210806300.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Polish_20210502_205012158.png
    Polish_20210502_205012158.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」

View attachment 18676

💢 ANIME
Sunday package from Amazon EU (these guys are on another level. Literally ordered 2 days ago). German BD Vol 1. release for TRIAGE X w/ Slipbox.

The Germans are at it again. The innovation that goes into presenting their releases is simply 👨‍🍳🤌💋.

Removable FSK age rating sticker ✅
Reversible Blu-ray cover art to hide FSK ✅
Thin Blu-ray case for reduced storage ✅
Additional space to place UK release BD inside Slipbox ✅ (non intentional but still 100 steps ahead)

The UK releases used to be seriously nerfed back in the days, perhaps still are. Though seriously, the Germans are just built different 😂 Look how cool their Clannad sets and many other titles were 👀
Sie sind ein Mann der Kultur

Back