What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I hope you'll enjoy Gridman, dude; I certainly rate it highly anyway, speaking as a fan of Trigger.

That front cover of your CE is very nice, by the way. I prefer it to the image on the front of the standard edition that I've got; it's nice, but it doesn't really convey what the show's about.

The only Trigger one I didn't really like so far is FLCL but that is kind of oldschool, and has a different overall feel to their other work. I'm sure I will like it Gridman 🙂

I'm not a huge Gundam fan, but I've heard pretty much nothing but positive stuff about this one, and that it doesn't really require having watched any previous Gundam shows. Plus I'm a sucker for a pretty box, so I thought I'd grab a copy before it goes completely OOP.

tNjal4T.jpg

I'm not a huge Gundam fan, but I've heard pretty much nothing but positive stuff about this one, and that it doesn't really require having watched any previous Gundam shows. Plus I'm a sucker for a pretty box, so I thought I'd grab a copy before it goes completely OOP.

tNjal4T.jpg

I have zero Gundam experience either. Is it Turn A Gundam?

This post seems to suggest quite a big watch order:
I'd still be a bit wary of watching Origin before 0079, or at least the 0079 compilation movies. You could, but much as you could watch the Star Wars prequels before the OT, it's a bit spoilerific with regards to Char. Anyone starting with the UC I'd definitely show the 0079 movies to before anything else.

I've just had my first case of used record mis-grading from an eBay seller I've used before...

H6UJET7.jpg

This isn't one of the mis-graded items since I would considered the sleeve grading to be accurate and you'd have to be really anal to find anything on the record.

kSDaR1S.jpg

This is out first mis-graded item as near mint isn't what I'd describe side 4 to be as there is a bit of noticeable scratching in one area that causes skipping near the end of the first song and the start of the second.

ppFm0Yk.jpg

This one however is a clear case of not being cared for by its previous owners considering the amount of visible scratches which doesn't match up with the VG+ grade that was given considering the fact that it skips a lot on at least one song on side 3 and all the other sides I tested also had skipping issues (which meant that I should have just gone ant got the re-release version and not an original).

Now that's all said and done, I've got to contact the seller to see if I can at least get some of my money back on this mess.

tNjal4T.jpg
That is certainly a very pretty box and enough to tempt me as well, despite relatively minimal gundam experience. If I'm not mistaken, is this one not better enjoyed if you've seen a lot of the older series (from the different universes as well!)?
They just released a complete collection of Fate/Zero last year so I doubt it. Shame they didn't do a nice box like Unlimited Blade Works for it though.
I thought they had until I looked at some customer photos! It does seem like a real shame & missed opportunity indeed as the artwork o they picked for the front is pretty cool. Hmmm maybe have a custom box made and plaster that front cover on instead....

Back