What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

27pXyYEh.jpg

SDGqoqxh.jpg
rCufMaqh.jpg

Today's arrival is ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Novel 6 from publisher Seven Seas. I ordered this not long after the last batch and that's mainly because this particular volume was out of print for sometime last year and while it's back in print it could go out of stock again so I decided it was best to get it out of the way now to save myself the hassle.

Two arrivals from MVM today :cool:

My pamphlet was actually not bent like the others shown so far.

The logo on the side of the box is not quite central though, anyone else have the side logo off to the side a bit? you can see in my pic the logo is almost around the corner on the right side, but on the left there is a gap to the edge.

lIY9SYMh.jpg

Bit of a blind buy as I haven't seen it yet, but I usually get on alright with the Trigger releases.
I hope you'll enjoy Gridman, dude; I certainly rate it highly anyway, speaking as a fan of Trigger.

That front cover of your CE is very nice, by the way. I prefer it to the image on the front of the standard edition that I've got; it's nice, but it doesn't really convey what the show's about.

Looks like a different CE to the AL one we had here recently. Is this a US one or something?
To add a little bit of extra detail about this, that Re:ZERO set is the original CE, released in two parts some time before the new one. Part 1 had discs that had underwhelming video quality. They were reauthored, and those discs are the ones included in the new CE. A limited number of copies of part 2 (1,000 units) came with an outer box to house both parts.

This old blog article on AL's site has more pictures:

what parts of Red Turtle did Ghibli do
According to Wikipedia:
The film was co-produced by Wild Bunch and Studio Ghibli ... According to Vincent Maraval, head of Wild Bunch, he visited Studio Ghibli in Japan in 2008 and met with Hayao Miyazaki. Miyazaki showed him the short film Father and Daughter and asked him to find its director, Michaël Dudok de Wit, with the prospect of co-producing a feature film.
[Under "Production"]

The article doesn't go into any further detail, but I saw the film back when it was released and read little bits about it. My recollection is that De Wit did the storyboarding, etc. and Ghibli did the actual animation.

With Nausicaa, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but Miyazaki directed it for Topcraft then later bought Topcraft and renamed it Ghibli
I don't think I actually knew that last part. 😯

But yeah, according to good old Wikipedia again in their article about Topcraft:
The studio went bankrupt and dissolved on June 15, 1985, essentially splitting the studio in half. Hayao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata bought the studio while laying off most of its animation staff, changing its name to Studio Ghibli.

Last edited:
the art box was included with 500 copies
According to the blog...

"This storage box will come with all copies of the Part 2 Blu-ray Ltd. Collector’s Edition set. However, this storage box is exclusive to Zavvi.com and AllTheAnime.com – it’s a limited edition extra limited to 1000 units, so once it’s out-of-print and out-of-stock across both sites there won’t be any more."

Did that change? 🤔

Back