What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

The Wailing is good but there was quite a bit of like folklore stuff that I don't think I really got first time I saw it.

I love Korean thrillers though from time to time, they really do make the best ones.

Stuff like this, I Saw the Devil, The Chaser etc are all really good!
I concur, but I still really enjoyed it whilst watching and more so after reading up on Korean folklore which was used heavily, if I remember correctly, in the movie. Even though it flew way over my head, the atmosphere more than made up for lack of knowledge of that folklore, great movie.

Last of my 101 sale items.
20210313_122816.jpg
20210313_122846.jpg
Good to see yet another convert of the 'why the hell are we still putting the BBFC logo on the spine' club.
Place your bets on which anime company will be the first to follow suit! My money is weirdly on Manga as they'll have to do less work porting funi titles!
Plus AL have it baked into their std edition layout and it took about 15yrs and a multitude of people telling MVM they really didn't have to put the disc count on the spine šŸ˜‚

Y7PlTxI.jpg

I got another suitcase turntable, but this one is going to be for whenever I want to play any of the 7" records I have that won't skip on players that use a ceramic cartridge along with seeing what the out of the box "quality" is since its bigger brother is going to be the actual replacement (for the bush portable record player) since it uses an audio technica cartridge and stylus and has a properly weighted tone arm, but impressions were not good as I had to remove the whole mechanism (which is good since all you need to do is remove 4 screws as all the connections are a part of the mechanism despite the false claims that it has RCA connections on it) and blind adjust the 45RPM speed trimmer on the motor as it was running slow (and I suspect that MPK haven't made any changes to the headphone output from the video I watched about this as I suspect that it will be a dual mono output).

ZjKIE2Z.jpg

And here's the unit out of the box and sitting on top of the bush portable (my plan is to have a decent portable and a more standard style turntable that isn't going to break the bank).

that won't skip on players that use a ceramic cartridge
Perhaps Iā€™m just more used to reading @anime_andrewā€™s name on the forums than I am the word ā€œcartridgeā€ but I totally read that as ā€œceramic partridgeā€ and for the fraction of a second until I realised, my mind started ticking away attempting to work out what part an ornamental game bird would play in a turntable. Stand it on the top to weigh down the record and stop skipping, perhaps? Use its beak as the needle?

qO0Gy3Wh.jpg

tdbwP18h.jpg
WAC4O3wh.jpg

Today's arrival is more light novels (for once) with ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Novel 5, How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Novel 4 and Monster Girl Doctor Novel 4, all from publisher Seven Seas. It's been a while since I had actually bought light novel volumes so I wanted to speed up the pace like I have been doing with the manga.

Majority of Yen On's books are still in print but I have noticed some are now going out of print (A Certain Magical Index, Durarara!! are two notable ones) so I aim to start buying more volumes for the Yen titles I have later this year (OVERLORD will be first due to the Hardcover format). With Seven Seas some of their light novels are also selling out like Restaurant to Another World so I want to try and get these books as close to a safe position I can. ARIFURETA had a large gap between Novel 7 and 8 due to COVID which was interesting but I'm going to try and grab enough volumes before Season 2 airs.

You'll notice that the only series that I haven't continued yet under that publisher group is Grimgar, which I want to but Novel 2 kept selling out here and there so once it becomes available again I'll try and catch up as much as I can.

The goal I have set in place is to get all (or at least most) of the novels that were released prior to 2020 acquired. Some like SAO will very likely stay in print far longer than others though.

J-Novel Club:
How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - 1 of 12
In Another World With My Smartphone - 1 of 13
The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind! - 1 of 9

Seven Seas:
ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 5 of 7
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - 1 of 11
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - 4 of 5
Monster Girl Doctor - 4 of 5

Yen On:
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - 1 of 9
Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You've Got a Ringer) - 1 of 4
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 1 of 4
Goblin Slayer - 1 of 8
The Hero is Overpowered But Overly Cautious - 2 of 2
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - 2 of 14
KONOSUBA: God's Blessing in this Wonderful World - 2 of 10
OVERLORD - 2 of 11
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - 1 of 11
The Saga of Tanya the Evil - 1 of 6
Sword Art Online - 1 of 17
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 1 of 7

aGWXgVph.jpg

SczFsUPh.jpg
JStzBMdh.jpg

Also arrived today is Destiny Lovers Manga Volume 2 also from publisher Seven Seas via Ghost Ship imprint. This series was one of the few that I had yet to properly catch up on and now was the right time to do so given that half of the series is out in English already. Interestingly the second volume also sold out everywhere except Amazon so I decided to pay full price to play-it-safe (and it would not surprise me if Amazon decides to delete the series soon considering their recent batch).

Outside of Monster Musume, the Seven Seas batch of manga I own so far is roughly in a safe position which helps (not to mention both Destiny Lovers and World's End Harem will wrap up later this year with no word on Part 2 being acquired for both titles yet). I would like to start buying more titles like Dumbbells and GIGANT as Amazon has started deleting both series.

Seven Seas:
Destiny Lovers - 2 of 4
Monster Musume - 9 of 16
Plus-Sized Elf - 5 of 6
World's End Harem - 9 of 9
World's End Harem: Fantasia - 3 of 3
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs - 11 of 11

Yen Press:
Interspecies Reviewers - 1 of 4
Sekirei - 2 of 9 (Vol. 5 is OOS, probably OOP which is out of character considering it's only 2-3 years old)
Yotsuba&! - 4 of 14

Back