What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

View attachment 15514
This arrived from Amazon - have no use for the Funko Pop but am looking forward to checking out the series for the first time.
Received just one title today, the Galaxy Express 999 TV Series Collection 2 Blu-ray. I forgot to order this one when it came out, and it has been OOS for months at Rightstuf. I got tired of waiting for RS to restock, so I picked it up directly from Discotek's eBay site. Got it only 4 days after placing my order, and it arrived in perfect condition. I now have all 3 collection sets of GE999 that have been released, up through episode 113.

ge999v2.jpg

HWR: I got the Batman Beyond set a while back. Hope you enjoy it. I think it's a solid series and a really good accompanying piece/bookend to Batman The Animated series to boot. It felt like quite an ambitious show much like Batman TAS was in the 90's. I know what you mean about the Funko pop, I don't understand the appeal and I love figures. I'd much rather spend my money on a good likeness of the character than those abominations. I bought my BD set without the funko from a seller on ebay who'd removed it.

GWG: You're really making me jealous with that Galaxy Express set. Been meaning to get round to picking this up myself for a while. I hope the original Harlock gets a blu release from Discotek in the near future.

Last edited:
The problem with Harlock is that there is no official remaster on BD. Discotec would have to do it by myself, which isn't easy. I am a huge fan of Leija Matsumoto. I did the subtitles with my friends for many of his productions. We translated from English/Japanese or even Russian into Polish. Every series is amazing to me, but the GE999 I like best. Anyway, it is probably his greatest "hit". Personally, I am waiting for the series that have an official remaster. These are:

• Space Battleship Yamato (first series and compilation movies, yes old ones)
  • The Cockpit

@Jaysgba
Nice to see Clannad in the collections. I have the KS PC edition myself with additions (soundtrack and side stories). It's great, but I think I would prefer the original cover anyway.

Yeah i can't see Discotek doing a remaster of a long series like Harlock but hopefully a Japanese release will emerge and they can use that.

Original Yamato and The Cockpit are fantastic. Would be great to see those in HD.

89P88N7h.jpg

Chen Chi-Hwa's Shaolin Wooden Men featuring Jackie Chan arrived today from 88 Films, took a while longer due to the shipping speed compared to others but it's here safe and sound. Just like Spiritual Kung Fu, the first print set comes with a poster and cards. You can view more photos and specs on my blog.

New Fist of Fury I will be pre-ordering on their site when it becomes available on 16th November. Meanwhile I should expect My Hero Academia titles to arrive tomorrow from MVM if the speed hasn't been affected by delays.

I received two more anime today, this time from Blowitoutofhere's eBay site - B: The Beginning Ultimate Edition, and Fire Force Part 2 Limited Editon. They had a special Buy 2 Titles and get 15% off the purchase.

B: The Beginning UE I had pre-ordered back in June at Rightstuf and is still listed as OOS on their site, so I got tired of waiting and re-ordered elsewhere. When I called RS today to cancel my order, they confirmed they have not received any copies yet even though the release date was October 6.

btbue3.jpg

And here is the A4 set side-by-side with the Fire Force LE box, which also arrived in the same package with no damage. I went ahead and ordered Fire Force to get the 15% off both titles. I still have to order Part 1, maybe in one of the Holiday sales.

btbueff.jpg

Last edited:
EE8C8FC1-3DE3-41B8-90F2-73AD42EA98CF.jpeg
This arrived direct from 101 Films, even got a set of themed Christmas cards included.
1604666190371.gif

Last edited:
2fiOZ1Sh.jpg

New batch of anime arrivals today with My Hero Academia Season 2 collection and My Hero Academia the Movie: Heroes Rising from Manga Entertainment. More info on both over on my blog.

Both are Region B discs, and what interests me the most is that Season 2 collection uses the Sony Pictures disc artwork but the actual discs themselves has the Manga logo included which caught me off-guard. Season 2 also does not come with a digital copy despite the slipcover stating otherwise, though Heroes Rising did come with a digital copy and works on the Funimation player.

2ocHwRnh.jpg

Another point to note is that whoever did the packaging artwork for Heroes Rising did not take into consideration any form of consistency for the slipcover, plus the main front cover is also low quality and odd looking with the logos being larger than it should be. This feels like it went through to the final print without any form of re-drafts or quality control. Because while Funimation did add a bit more to the banner on top, their spine was normal which Manga Ent. was able to sort out no problem for their Two Heroes release.

2fiOZ1Sh.jpg

New batch of anime arrivals today with My Hero Academia Season 2 collection and My Hero Academia the Movie: Heroes Rising from Manga Entertainment. More info on both over on my blog.

Both are Region B discs, and what interests me the most is that Season 2 collection uses the Sony Pictures disc artwork but the actual discs themselves has the Manga logo included which caught me off-guard. Season 2 also does not come with a digital copy despite the slipcover stating otherwise, though Heroes Rising did come with a digital copy and works on the Funimation player.

2ocHwRnh.jpg

Another point to note is that whoever did the packaging artwork for Heroes Rising did not take into consideration any form of consistency for the slipcover, plus the main front cover is also low quality and odd looking with the logos being larger than it should be. This feels like it went through to the final print without any form of re-drafts or quality control. Because while Funimation did add a bit more to the banner on top, their spine was normal which Manga Ent. was able to sort out no problem for their Two Heroes release.
My season 2 actually did come with a digital code for once 🤔

Edit: and my Heroes Rising came with a code that doesn't work. Win some lose some 🤷‍♂️

Back