What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2fiOZ1Sh.jpg

New batch of anime arrivals today with My Hero Academia Season 2 collection and My Hero Academia the Movie: Heroes Rising from Manga Entertainment. More info on both over on my blog.

Both are Region B discs, and what interests me the most is that Season 2 collection uses the Sony Pictures disc artwork but the actual discs themselves has the Manga logo included which caught me off-guard. Season 2 also does not come with a digital copy despite the slipcover stating otherwise, though Heroes Rising did come with a digital copy and works on the Funimation player.

2ocHwRnh.jpg

Another point to note is that whoever did the packaging artwork for Heroes Rising did not take into consideration any form of consistency for the slipcover, plus the main front cover is also low quality and odd looking with the logos being larger than it should be. This feels like it went through to the final print without any form of re-drafts or quality control. Because while Funimation did add a bit more to the banner on top, their spine was normal which Manga Ent. was able to sort out no problem for their Two Heroes release.
just noticed with my copy that S2 didn't come with a digital copy either, it's not like they work on googleplay/itunes so it's honestly nothing of value lost

Oooh Yakuza: Like A Dragon. Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku is definitely my favourite ongoing game series. I've been into it since the PS2 days when I randomly found the original in a bargain bin in PC world (of all places!) and decided to give it a try. The rest is history. I've bought every single game since on release day except this one. Only reason being i've been so busy lately I actually forgot it was close to release date!

HWR: Though I'm not as into my horror as I used to be I absolutely love Romero's movies particularly the dead saga. I actually met him at Memorabilia in Manchester shortly after Land of The Dead came out. Ken Foree was there and Tom Savini as well as the dude who played Big Daddy. Romero was extremely humble and gentle and he had no ego at all, I asked him to sign my Night of the living dead quad poster as "George Romero: King of the zombies" but he refused saying "I can't say that about myself!" Lovely guy, i just got him to sign it with his usual "stay scared, George Romero".

I had this on pre-order then cancelled it due to funds a while back but I'm gonna pick it up again (despite already having the Arrow blu ray) the extras are too tempting.

Nope. I know if a replacement happens UP1 will source it and I bought this UE for the A4 book because AL wont be doing that (If they do ill be annoyed).
Also I want the dubs you cant go and buy the original seed elsewhere and I've seen the changes most are nicked from the films yes it does look better but its not a deal breaker and the JP Sets have Subs if they cant be changed and I wanted them.

After many months of thinking and debating, I decided to get this box. A very long time ago I buy the first DBZ DVD package (first 26 episodes). Later on some BD releases came out and I wanted to upgrade, but the cut image and terrible coding somewhere in the 7th saga put me off quiet. Years passed, and I was debating Dragon Box, but the price was too high. Finally, Funimation announced this box. I liked it very much - complete series and beautiful release (at least for me). Only the figure seemed weak (always in boxes as an accessory - not separately - they are of poor quality). I thought that I would sell it later. The wave of bad opinions based on the trailer put me off. Finally, it appeared and the reviews were very optimistic. Is not so bad. This is the best release so far for a reasonable price. Then the UK version came out, so it was cheaper. Months passed, Brexit is coming, the decision was made. A colleague @WMD helped me, because due to the restrictions, can only be bought in the UK. Thanks to him, it was successful, for which I thank him. The box is lovely, the picture quality is pretty good. Much better than those trimmed a few years ago and a big upgrade compared to Orage (DVD). It seems inferior to the Dragon Box, but I'm happy. This quality is enough for me. I was surprised, but the figurine looks wonderful. Maybe I won't sell it (ha ha). I think I will put the discs in mini-LP foils, so that they do not scratch. The plates come out a bit hard, and I am afraid that they will get scratched. The artbook is lovely. The certificate upset me because it was hard to pull out, but now it's going easy. If I watch a bit (because yesterday only 4 episodes), I will take more photos description on my website (only PL, unless I finally create the option with the English version someday).

img_1398_wynik.jpg

img_1399.jpg

img_1401_wynik.jpg

img_1402_wynik.jpg

img_1403_wynik.jpg

img_1404_wynik.jpg

Additionally, it is:

img_1405_wynik.jpg

Back