What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

vi7IMe5.jpg

The next two Ghibli Steelbook releases from GKids will be Kiki's and Nausicaa, on August 25; I have them pre-ordered as well. I almost caved and started collecting the UK steelbooks when they first came out, but now I'm glad I hesitated - even though the artwork on the US releases is fairly minimalistic, I still like these full color metallic backgrounds over the bare steel look of the UK steelbooks. Reminds me more of the Japanese digipak releases I have in my collection, except with full color characters rather than just silhouettes. I'm just hoping GKids eventually puts the entire Ghibli catalog in Steelbooks, as the UK did., bar Grave and Wind Rises. Grave has a close-enough matching Steelbook release from Sentai, and hopefully GKids will get the Wind Rises licence eventually.

OsLWOO3.jpg

The Roku premier I purchased a few months ago was starting to act like ass (connection drops when there wasn't a connection drop and the youtube app suddenly not having access) so I decided to get a fire TV stick when they were on sale a few days ago to see if it works any better and if it does then my next big TV purchase is more then likely to have the Amazon fire TV OS baked in instead of the roku OS (and if I can't, I'll just get a 4K TV and a 4K fire TV stick).

jyMC2GGh.jpg

The second collection of Pink Films aka Pink Films Vol. 3 & 4 has arrived via Amazon and distributed by Third Window Films. The first collection I thought was good but I am more curious about these two films. This set contains Abnormal Family by Masayuki Sao (Shall We Dance?) and Blue Film Woman by Kan Mukai (Deep Throat in Tokyo).

There is a third collection coming later in the year which will contain Mamoru Watanabe's Women Hell Song and Shinji Imaoka's Underwater Love.

I just recently ordered the picture perfect edition of Hidamari Sketch as well. Been reading the manga and decided I wanted to check out the anime. A review on Amazon claims that it is missing the final two episodes, but I cannot quite tell what that may be, there's so many sequels, specials, etc.

I just recently ordered the picture perfect edition of Hidamari Sketch as well. Been reading the manga and decided I wanted to check out the anime. A review on Amazon claims that it is missing the final two episodes, but I cannot quite tell what that may be, there's so many sequels, specials, etc.
I think it's these two episodes, as far as I can tell, it's a continuation of the show. But it wasn't released on home video in the US (not in the single releases either), so I just went for the complete collection.
Yeah it's those 2 epsiodes. It's a shame they never got picked up when everything else was but its still an amazing show and theres so many epsiodes in that set!

New phone Samsung Galaxy S20 (picture courtesy of old phone). Needed new phone as old phone has stopped recieving the security updates now. I tend to try and get the flagships for their longer 3-4 year support, as I prefer to keep a phone for as long as humanly possible, I gave up buying cheap phones with their single year support a while ago.

phone.jpg

Not pictured but I also got last weeks Deal of the week Nozaki-kun from MVM

This monstrosity came in today.....61E57DDC-A88D-41E5-8A5B-5E7712FF604A.jpeg

I don’t want to compare it to my japan bluray box, not even to another UK copy. The white border line that should not exist, is so fat and misaligned that you can’t enjoy the rest of the artwork. Copies like this should not have passed the quality check........straight to the garbage bin!

Last edited:
This monstrosity came in today.....

I don’t want to compare it to my japan bluray box, not even to another UK copy. The white border line that should not exist, is so fat and misaligned that you can’t enjoy the rest of the artwork. Copies like this should not have passed the quality check........straight to the garbage bin!

They should of made the tops and bottoms black so it's not so noticeable (Or just made them properly in the first place!) My Endless Waltz is perfect, but both my Thunderbolts and Origin V-VI have that problem too.

IMG_20200527_132449.jpg

Back