What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

SD35ihQl.jpg

So I was initially going to get some PlayStation 3 games in town but in the end, I felt that I pretty much got what I wanted outside of a couple of Japanese imports left to get, and thus I decided to switch things around by picking up some more Asian films in HMV.

EFjhtZpXYAA274c

The main reason for the trip to HMV was actually for Stephen Chow's The Mermaid which is a Chinese film that I heard about years ago but only found out recently that it actually came out in the UK on Blu-ray by Sony. It was being sold in HMV as part of their Price Crash sale so it was £2.49 for the Steelbook (the only version released for the film it seems). A sequel is in development for 2020 it seems in China.

In addition, I also picked up two films as part of the £13 deal. Starting with Akira Kurosawa's Ran, one of the big Japanese films released and this version is the 4K restoration re-release that Studio Canal put out a few years ago. The other film is Kim Jee-woon's A Tale of Two Sisters, a horror film from South Korea. For those who don't know, the director also worked on I Saw The Devil and Jin-Roh's live-action adaptation Illang: The Wolf Brigade.

Back