What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I went to HMV once again and originally I was going to get the new BFI release Of Flesh and Blood, a four film collection of Hirokazu Kore-eda works but they priced it at £42.99 so I instead opted for his other works After the Storm (海よりもまだ深く) and The Third Murder (三度目の殺人) from Arrow Academy as part of the Buy One Get One Free sale. The Third Murder does include its booklet.

OhBEDjfh.jpg

pgsDUqoh.jpg

After the Storm was once part of the Family Values box set which is out of print, but surprisingly the artwork is the same just reversed. In the Family Values box set, the special artwork is the reversible cover in the standard edition while the other artwork which was the reversible cover in the box set is the front cover of the standard edition. It gives me hope that Arrow Academy would re-release I Wish and Like Father, Like Son like they did with Departures however I haven't heard about whether there is interest or not (they really should considering this year is basically the year of Kore-eda thanks to Shoplifters and the BFI box set).

KsMQoyyh.jpg

Outside of that I also decided to go ahead and get Dragon Ball Super: Broly because it was £9.99. A lot of people have watched or bought this release and I figured I may as well do the same even if I haven't watched the franchise yet (I do have knowledge of the Z series via the Budokai HD Collection). I have unboxed the set and added some more info on my blog.​

Line up picture spines, whoa. Haven't seen anyone do those for a while. It actually worked and they do line up properly as well, impressive. Though you do need to shift the insert for vol. 4 down a few mm :p
These are terrible for space Frankensteining though. As sentai volumes never have reverse sleeve print I always put two of a series into one case with the second's cover sleeve functioning as a reverse sleeve, But that upsets the image slot.
Just keeping fit first or last four and putting the other half in the former while keeping disc order upsets the disc-volueme/sleeve matches and keeping that makes it unhandy to watch, because the first and last volume would be in one case.
It's kind of weirding me out a lot. @_@"

Tbh nobody did watch it when it aired either. I can remember people did like it then not many watched, I still think the Second half was crap but no body did watch Flip Flappers I am still surprised it got as good a CE as it did.

Back