What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Neon Genesis Evangelion volumes 2–8 arrived safe and sound from @~AyaMachi~ today. (Superb job with the packing. 👍)
They join the existing volume 1:

We've got the complete set now! 😉

(Just in perfect time for the AUKN simulwatch, too. 😀)
Simulwatch will be interesting if everyone is watching slightly different versions of the same show!

I assume Netflix are going with the later iteration, which includes some extra scenes in episodes 21-24, different subtitles (if you're that way inclined) and less shakey footage than the original singles had.

Simulwatch will be interesting if everyone is watching slightly different versions of the same show!

I assume Netflix are going with the later iteration, which includes some extra scenes in episodes 21-24, different subtitles (if you're that way inclined) and less shakey footage than the original singles had.
Also got those director's cut versions in the form of ADV's "Resurrection" and "Genesis Reborn" DVDs. 😉👍

That's true. I've got the tin box platinum edition dvd set which has both the originals and the directors cuts for those episodes. Hadn't even thought about which ones to watch (probably go DC tbh)

Arrived home to a bunch of goodies today:

Aria The Masterpiece #1 (which until a few days ago when I saw it on this very thread I had no clue was a thing or that Tokyopop were still in business)
Katanagatari #2
Maquia (
AL copy with bonus booklet)

hzWmL0A.jpg

Birthday haul time.

TncUUEq.jpg

Live-Action Asian Cinema:
  • Dark Water (仄暗い水の底から) from director Hideo Nakata. Japanese horror film from 2002, based on Koji Suzuki's short story (aka the author of Ring). Distributed by Arrow Video. Despite the age of the release (like the BBFC on the spine), it does in fact include the first print booklet.
  • Departures (おくりびと) from director Yōjirō Takita. Japanese drama film from 2008, loosely based on Coffinman, a memoir by Shinmon Aoki. Distributed by Arrow Academy. Even though this film got re-released in 2017, it does in fact include the first print booklet.
  • Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (복수는 나의) from director Park Chan-wook. Korean action thriller from 2002, as part of the director's vengeance film trilogy. Distributed by Palisades Tartan.
Anime:
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (攻殻機動隊 STAND ALONE COMPLEX) from Production I.G. Sci-fi cyberpunk action series that covers both Seasons 1 & 2 from 2002-2005. Distributed by Manga Entertainment.
Video Games:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (龍が如く6 命の詩。) from SEGA. Action beat em up adventure for PlayStation 4 from 2016. This release is the Essence of Art Edition because the standard edition is barely around, plus there's a misprint on the spine so that doesn't help (the title used a white font so you can't even see it at all).
Books:
  • Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You've Got a Ringer) (誰にでもできる影から助ける魔王討伐) from writer Tsukikage. Light novel fantasy series from 2016. Distributed by Yen Press. This is the first volume of many.
  • Gantz (ガンツ) from writer Hiroya Oku. Manga sci-fi horror series from 2000. Distributed by Dark Horse. This is the first omnibus volume that covers 1-3 of the story.
  • How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom (現実主義勇者の王国再建記) from writer Dozeumaru. Light novel isekai series from 2016. Distributed by Seven Seas with the translation done by J-Novel Club. This is the first volume of many.
  • Uzumaki (うずまき) from writer Junji Ito. Manga horror series from 1998. Distributed by Viz. This is a hardcover omnibus that compiles all three volumes of the story.
Misc:
  • Ghost in the Shell T-Shirt.

Back