What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Today from Amazon (had to use prime) I had to buy this because my Bose QC25 noise cancelling headphones audio cable had got broken and bent after 2 years(Found it broken last night) .So. I bought a replacement cable.This is just the box they came in though.
Was an emergency spend as family is coming over tomorrow and we are going out over the weekend(I am extremely sound/ noise sensitive).Much better than Ear defenders for me as the headphones don't crush my head and are really light.IMG_20190418_165658784_HDR.jpg
and The Rising Of The Shield Hero Light novel 2 + Manga Volume 6
IMG_20190418_165635566_HDR.jpg

Today from Amazon (had to use prime) I had to buy this because my Bose QC25 noise cancelling headphones audio cable had got broken and bent after 2 years(Found it broken last night) .So. I bought a replacement cable.This is just the box they came in though.
Was an emergency spend as family is coming over tomorrow and we are going out over the weekend(I am extremely sound/ noise sensitive).Much better than Ear defenders for me as the headphones don't crush my head and are really light.View attachment 7973
View attachment 7974
Have to say while Bose headphones are expensive their official replacement parts are very reasonably priced. €3 for the airplane adapter, €7 for a new cable, €35 for new ear pads and €25 for a hard case for the QC35s.

I know the 25s are wired with an inline mic so the cable probably costs more, but at least replacement parts are easily available.

Was an emergency spend as family is coming over tomorrow and we are going out over the weekend(I am extremely sound/ noise sensitive).Much better than Ear defenders for me as the headphones don't crush my head and are really light.View attachment 7973
View attachment 7974

is the quality of one peace books good? never bought from them but i was looking to pick up shield hero manga last night myself, but i was not sure if i should just go digital in case the book quality was poor

Ooh, what's up with all the Time of Eve swag in here all of a sudden - is there a sale or a re-stock going on? I love that movie, it's one of the first anime I always show to any of my anime newbie friends, to help get them started. I have both the LE and SE releases from the original Pied Piper 2013 Kickstarter, along with the fan book and Another Act, plus a few more goodies:

Top row: Time of EVE fan book, Time of EVE: Another Act light novel, Chayama Ryusuke art book, additional 2014 image on post card included with art book.

Bottom Row: A4 Nagi illustration on heavy card stock, A4 Sammy illustration on heavy card stock, Time of EVE clear file.

toebooks1.jpg

And, the bestest-of-all Time of Eve Kickstarter Swag, by far:

8cup3can.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh, what's up with all the Time of Eve swag in here all of a sudden - is there a sale or a re-stock going on? I love that movie, it's one of the first anime I always show to any of my anime newbie friends, to help get them started. I have both the LE and SE releases from the original Pied Piper 2013 Kickstarter, along with the fan book and Another Act, plus a few more goodies:

Top row: Time of EVE fan book, Time of EVE: Another Act light novel, Chayama Ryusuke art book, additional 2014 image on post card included with art book.

Bottom Row: A4 Nagi illustration on heavy card stock, A4 Sammy illustration on heavy card stock, Time of EVE clear file.

toebooks1.jpg

And, the bestest-of-all Time of Eve Kickstarter Swag, by far:

8cup3can.jpg
Anime Limited got hold of some leftover stock of the LE & SE Blu-rays, the Fanbook and the Light Novel so put them up in their Easter Sale.

is the quality of one peace books good? never bought from them but i was looking to pick up shield hero manga last night myself, but i was not sure if i should just go digital in case the book quality was poor

Not sure if this will help as I didn't really know what to say but:
EDIT 1: I personally find the paper quality of the books "fine "but can't decide if their weaker than Viz's or not I just feeling between the two but can't really tell but I think Viz and the OTP Del Rey Tsubasa books which I tried against are stronger. The cover and backs in comparison don't have the glossy(is that the right word?) shiny material like that of Viz's Manga but more of a softcover(Same for the LN). Also don't feel like they will fall apart and feel quite study to me.
Also noticed with the Manga Of Shield Hero the books are a bit shorter in terms of height when comparing the spines to other single Volume Manga .
I think in some reviews people complained about translation and grammar issues in the Manga but it's all made sense to me although I have noticed one Mistake so far "Naofumi misspelt as " Nafoumi"once in Volume 3 of the Manga.
Strangely chapters are not page numbered at all in the Manga ,their titles are listed though which is rather odd and little annoying.But other than that I find them personally good.

EDIT 2: Thinking about it again, I think the presentation is much nicer in other Manga judging from what I've read recently that I have read in the way it's laid out Viz,Del Rey etc looks and feels better to me.But I mostly buy physical as I don't really like Digital so it doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
Back