What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

image.jpg
Got this off eBay for fairly cheap, only ended up costing around £5 more than the standard is selling for. Looking forward to revisiting it.

33452116408_5ce54f1d3f_b.jpg

Snagged an Evangelion laserdisc from eBay for £15 the other day, quite a bargain! I want to frame it, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it? I know you can get vinyl frames and laserdiscs will indeed fit, but with it holding 2 discs, I'm not sure if it'd be too thick to fit in a standard frame. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them! Bonus cat because he just happened to be there.

Snagged an Evangelion laserdisc from eBay for £15 the other day, quite a bargain! I want to frame it, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it? I know you can get vinyl frames and laserdiscs will indeed fit, but with it holding 2 discs, I'm not sure if it'd be too thick to fit in a standard frame. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them! Bonus cat because he just happened to be there.
Oh :(
I was hoping each copy of the laserdisc initially came with a cat ;)

What’s on the catdisk? Cat noises?

So here's what i received in the last two weeks.

Last week i got Eromanga Sensei 2, Fate/Apocrypha II, Girl's Last Tour, Land of the Lustrous, and Owarimonogatari Volume 3 through UP1 and Fairy Tail Collection 3 through Secondspin.
For Monogatari i don't have to worry about OOP hell ;) as my collection is complete now.

Then this week i got Overlord II, and Amanchu! from Zavvi, Pigtails and other Short Stories from Anime Ltd., and El Hazard: The Wanderers from Amazon US.
And finally also K-ON! from UP1 arrived after it being postponed for several months. For those wandering the booklets for season 1 & 2 are the same as in the Japanese release, but off course in English ... hah :)

@HWR , my copy of K-ON! also has a small dent on the backside, but I think not nearly enough to contact UP1 about it. And just like you, I put one of the booklets in the extras box so that everything else is easier to remove from the box.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Last week i got Eromanga Sensei 2, Fate/Apocrypha II, Girl's Last Tour, Land of the Lustrous, and Owarimonogatari Volume 3 through UP1 and Fairy Tail Collection 3 through Secondspin.
For Monogatari i don't have to worry about OOP hell ;) as my collection is complete now.
Was the only person who had all monogatari at release as I've seen few people catching up cos Koi and Hana went OOP.

Was the only person who had all monogatari at release as I've seen few people catching up cos Koi and Hana went OOP.
Never bought any on release, as far as i can remember, and Bake and Nise are both the second runs i have. All in all i’m very glad the collection is complete here, it would bother me if that wasn’t the case. Koi and Hana go for ridiculous prices, as expected, on eBay currently.

Little question why do you use UP1 (Uk or USA) when Rightstuf is way cheaper?
Last time I checked (I ordered Fate Apo II and Granblue phantasy II) there was a monstruous difference of 290€ (for UP1) and 205€ (for RS)
Even if the package is caught by my country customs (Belgium) it will cost maybe 40-50€ wich is still 40-50€ less than UP1.

Never bought any on release, as far as i can remember, and Bake and Nise are both the second runs i have. All in all i’m very glad the collection is complete here, it would bother me if that wasn’t the case. Koi and Hana go for ridiculous prices, as expected, on eBay currently.
Last time I checked it looks like the second season arcs are the only ones going out of print, presumably due to a possible Blu-ray Box style release for the west (though Neko Black is a weird one given it was included with Nise in Japan). It's surprising given Bakemonogatari had like 3 print runs and Nisemonogatari had around 2.

As for myself I have 6 Monogatari volumes left to acquire, my plan is to get them in three batches if possible:
Batch 1: Kizumonogatari Part III: Reiketsu & Tsukimonogatari
Batch 2: Owarimonogatari Volume 1 & Owarimonogatari Volume 2
Batch 3: Koyomimonogatari & Owarimonogatari Volume 3

A mini video game haul update.

D0qyw6CWsAEhED_

Last Saturday I went to GAME and found 428: Shibuya Scramble for £24.99 which is a bargain considering the game is now out of print and hard to find online. For those who have no idea what this game is, it's a live-action visual novel originally released on Nintendo Wii before going to PlayStation 3 and then PlayStation 4 & Steam for the west. It's one of the few games to achieve a 40/40 by Famitsu. It also includes a story arc written by Type Moon that was adapted into anime form as Canaan.

D1O2V8NX0AA3L2g

Today I was back at home for the past few days to sort out dentist and haircut, in the meantime I went to town and had a quick look in the CeX. I found Nights of Azure and Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for PlayStation 4 as well as Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for PlayStation Vita.

Little question why do you use UP1 (Uk or USA) when Rightstuf is way cheaper?
Last time I checked (I ordered Fate Apo II and Granblue phantasy II) there was a monstruous difference of 290€ (for UP1) and 205€ (for RS)
Even if the package is caught by my country customs (Belgium) it will cost maybe 40-50€ wich is still 40-50€ less than UP1.
If I do the math now it would not be worth ordering it from RS, and it usually isn't as the package getting caught by customs has a certainty rate of 100% nowadays.

When I check now it would cost me $291,40 for Fate/Apo II and Granblue II at UP1 and $232,70 at RS. Boiling down to roughly 260€ at UP1 and 207€ at RS. But calculating the customs cost (I use this site) I would need to fork out another +/- 78€ on custom charges. So currently it would be a bit more expensive at RS. That and the fact that dealing with customs in the last year in Belgium can be a real hassle.

So for me UP1 is hassle-free and that's priceless :)

If I do the math now it would not be worth ordering it from RS, and it usually isn't as the package getting caught by customs has a certainty rate of 100% nowadays.

When I check now it would cost me $291,40 for Fate/Apo II and Granblue II at UP1 and $232,70 at RS. Boiling down to roughly 260€ at UP1 and 207€ at RS.

Mmh, that's strange because when I do the math I got ~ 290€ for UP1, the only possible way to get ~260€ for me is to send the items in the UK, when I choose the option to Europe (Belgium) it jump to 249£ wich is around 290€ when converted.

imgbox - fast, simple image host

Back