What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I've received my Cowboy Bebop Standard Edition today. Whilst the discs survived the trip, unfortunately the case was broken and couldn't close, hence the lack of a photo. I sent AL an e-mail regarding a replacement empty case, and I'm currently waiting for a response.

Funimation sure is going crazy with those dang ugly Digital Copy stickers on every slip now - some of those do not come off so easily. I'm sure slipcover fans are cursing under their breath about having to remove all of them - especially with how useless Funi's digital copies actually are.

I've already had a few on titles that have been released for a few months that insisted on not peeling off cleanly no matter how carefully I pull them, and leaving some paper film stuck to the surface, which of course requires extra work to remove. The stickers on brand new releases remove ok, but I can tell if people buy copies that have been out on the shelf for even a short while, those stickers are going to be much more of pain to get off. So be sure to take them off right away.

I've already had a few on titles that have been released for a few months that insisted on not peeling off cleanly no matter how carefully I pull them, and leaving some paper film stuck to the surface, which of course requires extra work to remove. The stickers on brand new releases remove ok, but I can tell if people buy copies that have been out on the shelf for even a short while, those stickers are going to be much more of pain to get off. So be sure to take them off right away.
Good to know.
Have you tried using a small amount of adhesive as it breaks down glue. Its the same chemical they use for nail varnish remover.

Funimation sure is going crazy with those dang ugly Digital Copy stickers on every slip now - some of those do not come off so easily. I'm sure slipcover fans are cursing under their breath about having to remove all of them - especially with how useless Funi's digital copies actually are.
They are still a bit better than the rating sticker in Germany, but pretty annoying, indeed. Still prefer that over it being printed on the cover, though.
But I guess with Funi this problem probably won't last long, as we may not be getting much slips in the future anymore. Removing them from Amaray cases probably isn't that much of a deal then.

Finally got Bebop standard edition, but the package it came in was opened, torn from the top...

Thankfully the contents are fine and there's no damage but I don't even know if it's worth letting AL know about it because it was TNT that delivered and I've been lurking around here long enough to know all the stuff that went down over the Christmas period with Sony DADC.

Still though, delivering a package in that kind of condition. Blimey.

Contents are present and intact so there's no point contacting either AL or Sony. Mail gets damaged unfortunately and if you're not making a claim no company will be even remotely interested.

Contents are present and intact so there's no point contacting either AL or Sony. Mail gets damaged unfortunately and if you're not making a claim no company will be even remotely interested.
Yeah agreed. Except when it comes to Amazon. I've had packages thrown over the fence into my garden and packages left in bins, complained to them about poor service and got a full refund (even though the package was fine. Wasn't asked to send it back either)
I didn't ask for a refund either, I was just sending in a complaint. Amazon are on another level with their customer service.

It does look like someone tore it open and peeked inside. It wasn't like a little damage, the entire top was torn. Thankfully they ignored the contents haha.

Never got that myself. I've contacted Amazon when items have come damaged and have never gotten a refund. Have always been required to return the item for a refund/replacement.

Back