What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Forgive my ignorance dude but - what is that? The last thing I played Pokemon on was a GameBoy Classic back in the late 90's! 😄 😅 😆

It is the itty bitty Game Boy Micro. It is the smallest Game Boy Nintendo produced, and it is kind of adorable. Here is is next to a TV remote for scale, this thing is tiny.

30349958977_8401943a5b_b.jpg

You can never spend too much on a micro, they're awesome.

Also finding an official leaf green cart is a hell of a task, 90% of eBay is bootlegs, people selling them don't tend to realise. For reference and official one should look like the below:

YkJvofw.jpg

The indented sticker, and the text on the board above the pins if you tilt the card up being the biggest giveaways on most bootlegs.

I thought I remembered the label being shiny, I had a legit copy of FireRed back in the day. Oh well, I plan on eventually just buying a Flashcart for it anyway, so it's neither here nor there. The games are a bonus, I just wanted the Game Boy.

It is the itty bitty Game Boy Micro. It is the smallest Game Boy Nintendo produced, and it is kind of adorable. Here is is next to a TV remote for scale, this thing is tiny.

30349958977_8401943a5b_b.jpg
Oh my goodness it's so cute! 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃

I've got big man-hands so I'd probably break it! 🤣 Even the NES controls now seem to small compared to when I played years ago (my grandparents bought my Sister and I one between us for Christmas of...94 I think it was? Christ that's going back - I was about 7!) 😅

Nintendo just seem to do it right when they design consoles though - that's really neat! You can still see the graphics so well even though it's so tiny. Wow! 😮

I don't think it was brand new, I should have noted! 😄
Apparently they were only discontinued in the West in 1995, that’s a good innings. The NES does have that signature retro style and some true classics (and a lot of turds as well-just watch the AVGN for that)

Oh my goodness it's so cute! 😃 😃 😃 😃 😃

I've got big man-hands so I'd probably break it! 🤣 Even the NES controls now seem to small compared to when I played years ago (my grandparents bought my Sister and I one between us for Christmas of...94 I think it was? Christ that's going back - I was about 7!) 😅

Nintendo just seem to do it right when they design consoles though - that's really neat! You can still see the graphics so well even though it's so tiny. Wow! 😮

Perhaps it's my tiny girl hands, but it's surprisingly comfortable to hold too, and as you say, the screen is super great despite its size. Going to have lots of fun going through some Pokemon Mystery Dungeon again!

You can never spend too much on a micro, they're awesome.

Also finding an official leaf green cart is a hell of a task, 90% of eBay is bootlegs, people selling them don't tend to realise. For reference an official one should look like the below:

YkJvofw.jpg

The indented sticker, and the text on the board above the pins if you tilt the card up being the biggest giveaways on most bootlegs.
I had a sealed copy of Leaf Green until last year, had to sell it after my house was broken into. Got €200 for it which helped until the insurance came in.

I went to Anime Limited's Mamoru Hosoda exhibit this morning and picked up a few things from the gift shop.
IMG_6587.JPG
Some playing cards.
IMG_6588.JPGIMG_6589.JPG
The lenticular Mirai clear file.
IMG_6590.JPG
A Girl Who Leapt Through Time glass.

While I was in London I grabbed some things from CEX.
IMG_6600.JPGIMG_6596.JPG
Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos Yugi the Destiny, and it still has the trading cards. Unsealed, but a pleasant surprise nevertheless.
IMG_6597.JPGIMG_6598.JPG
I also grabbed some more CSI game duplicates. Buying them from CEX when I come across them is something of a hobby of mine.

Apparently there's a limit to how many photos one can attach to a post, that's stupid.
Anyway, while I was out, some mail arrived.
IMG_6591.JPG
My £36.11 Switch Pro controller from Amazon Italy.
IMG_6592.JPG
What If? Flash Thompson Became Spider-man
IMG_6599.JPG
The vinyl release of HHGTTG Secondary Phase. This was £70 I was not planning on spending this month, But I can't risk it going OOP.
IMG_6594.JPG
Last, but not least, Manga's Tokyo Godfathers blu-ray. I loved this at SLA Last year, so it was a must-buy and a rare preorder of a Manga UK title.

Apparently there's a limit to how many photos one can attach to a post, that's stupid.
Anyway, while I was out, some mail arrived.
View attachment 5211
My £36.11 Switch Pro controller from Amazon Italy.
View attachment 5212
What If? Flash Thompson Became Spider-man
View attachment 5214
The vinyl release of HHGTTG Secondary Phase. This was £70 I was not planning on spending this month, But I can't risk it going OOP.
View attachment 5213
Last, but not least, Manga's Tokyo Godfathers blu-ray. I loved this at SLA Last year, so it was a must-buy and a rare preorder of a Manga UK title.
Gotta love Amazon Italy. Got my launch Vita there with WipeOut and an 8GB memory card for €25 less than the console cost on its own here in Ireland. €225 vs €250(console) + €50(game) + €35(mc), no brainer.

Back