What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I had issues with OS cloning when I got my SSD, I had to just do a fresh Windows install. You might be best off doing the same.
I found out that there was some corrupted data in the MFT (the OS install was an image restore that I had to mess around with to actually get to boot) after trying to do the clone with macrium reflect (at least it managed to throw out an error unlike a certain piece of software used by the major hard drive manufacturers), so I just disconnected the hard drives and installed windows 10 fresh onto the SSD even though there's a few things I have to do to get it back to how it was before.

Just received my Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray player in the mail today. Not much of a photo, because I'm having a crowd over for Movie Night tonight in my theater to watch The Last Jedi, so I won't have the time to unpack it and set it up until either late this evening or tomorrow morning.

oppo203box.jpg
Brilliant player. Have the same. Definitely recommend. Managed to get the multi region upgrade for BD's + DVD's with mine.

In other news here are my recent pickups.
lr2BUJV.jpg

Didn't spot Justice League was upside down until too late :)

Brilliant player. Have the same. Definitely recommend. Managed to get the multi region upgrade for BD's + DVD's with mine.

Yep, well like I said, I ordered the multi-region hardware kit for mine immediately after I ordered the player. Takes only 2 minutes to install. I have a similar kit I installed in my BDP-93 a couple years ago, and it works great for UK Region B discs. Also, the UDP-203 still supports 3D playback, which I definitely need for the almost 200 3D Blu-rays in my collection.

Yep, well like I said, I ordered the multi-region hardware kit for mine immediately after I ordered the player. Takes only 2 minutes to install. I have a similar kit I installed in my BDP-93 a couple years ago, and it works great for UK Region B discs. Also, the UDP-203 still supports 3D playback, which I definitely need for the almost 200 3D Blu-rays in my collection.
I'd be super interested if you could take some pictures/document the installation process. I've been kinda interested in the player for a while, but have never really pulled the trigger.

View attachment 3213
Some T-Shirts and 13 Assassins

13 Assassins is such an awesome film, shame they have that horrificly oversized stainless steel kitchen knife in his hands instead of a decent looking katana.
I really hate when they use cheap & nasty swords in promo shots, especially for Japanese films, they should know better! I'm fine with cheap props in films for main characters in motion etc but I like them to make an effort to make the swords at least look like they belong in close up stationary shots etc.

Maybe I'm just daft but it's a huge pet hate for me and it takes away from so many films for me when I see that, especially period pieces!

Back