What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I like all of those shows so that would've been a good box for me, but I simply cannot afford to shell out £32 every 2 months for a streaming service plus a box of stuff with no guarantee I'll like said stuff. Especially when a year's worth of Crunchyroll costs not much more. I just want streaming, as when I'm on a limited budget, I'd rather choose the merch I buy for myself.

Picked up a new VCR. Holy **** this thing is massive - far bigger than I thought.
I've been feeling like playing the Halo Collection recently having only played Halo 3/ODST/Reach, and a decent deal finally popped up at Argos (£299 for 1tb console + Halo 5) so I figured why not. Also picked up 12 months of live for £19.94 at CDkeys.com.

jwTLU1q.jpg

First impressions with the bone aren't great in all honesty. It's massive (even before the power brick), the UI is ****, games take ages to install and I had a really annoying persistent sound clipping problem which seems to have disappeared for now. Halo 5 is also pretty uninspiring based on the first mission, but that's for another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the UI is complete garbage, I think it was most likely made to be controlled via the kinect but that didn't pan out as planned, so now it's just an awful UI. I think there is a big revision coming soonish though, surprised it's taken this long. I was also a bit stunned by how long games take to install, especially coming from the PS4 which takes seconds. I was thinking about Halo 5 too but at this point I just don't think I care about Halo enough anymore, and thus my xbox will remain my Ori and the Blind Forest machine, as it's the only game I have ever played and enjoyed on the thing (probably still my game of the year tbh lol).

My haul of this week, UP1USA package which would normally arrive last week on Friday, arrived this Monday. Also received one other order, which i made fast after the tip from NormanicGrav that Guilty Crown Part 2 would become OOP soon.

• Nisekoi Volume 3 and 4 - to complete the first season of Nisekoi
  • Persona 4: The Golden Animation Volume 1
  • Persona 4: Collector's Edition
  • All three Madoka - luckily these seem to have the same quality as the Aniplex releases, something which cannot be said about the series, Manga has released.
  • Guilty Crown: Part 2 - note to self, check what other Part 2 items i still need to get
  • Haruhi Suzumiya artbook Spring & Summeras addition to the Autumn & Winter artbook i already own

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

Got this through from Ebay US. It's one of the "older" Funi chipboard sets so thought I'd do a couple of pics.
qhK946T.jpg

[spoilerbutton]
n7B27sQ.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

I'm always surprised by Amazon.jp/DHLs delivery speed -.0

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - Memories of Hatred Limited Edition

Ghost in the Shell - Pyrophoric Cult

Ghost in the Shell: The Movie

7q6Xe1d.jpg

I'm collecting the 'Tales of' hardback strategy guides. I have the Tales of Xillia 2 one, shame they haven't done them for the other games.
XItwzow.jpg

Shame it's not a chipboard artbox but still works out cheaper getting it this way than individually. Plus i didn't get stung by customs as Siren Visual marked the custom form as 10 AUS dollars which was very nice indeed as i was expecting to get caught.
KAlbBYj.jpg

GpNLp6m.jpg

Gemsy-chan said:
I'm collecting the 'Tales of' hardback strategy guides. I have the Tales of Xillia 2 one, shame they haven't done them for the other games.

Shame it's not a chipboard artbox but still works out cheaper getting it this way than individually. Plus i didn't get stung by customs as Siren Visual marked the custom form as 10 AUS dollars which was very nice indeed as i was expecting to get caught.

Very nice. Love hardback strategy guides. Weighing up collecting the Fallout ones. Monster looks good, too. I agree, chipboard would've been great. Really nice from Siren to mark it down. :)

According to Australia Post's delivery calculator, I should get my set tomorrow.

Received these on Thursday/Friday of last week. Couldn't resist getting best Love Live's Nendo.
I've been kind of addicted to the Master Chief collection all weekend. I've never played Halo 1 & 2 before and they're great fun.
Not pictured for obvious reasons, but I also picked up codes for Assassins Creed Unity and a £20 MS card from CDKeys, the latter of which became Halo 3 ODST and Ori.
9iTOti9.jpg

The next Part 2 set is now in my possession. As stated this second half is now sold out or released at a very high price. I don't expect more stock for this series considering it's been 2 years already so be prepared for a S.A.V.E. release at some point in 2016.

I ordered Guilty Crown Part 2 from Robert's Anime Corner Store as they were the only major retailer selling at a reasonable price and considering the price on the package was reduced to avoid customs I figured I would use them again. Success once again and this time they even provided a chocolate coin.

CS99NFaWUAADAPo.jpg:large

CS99NEVXIAI3Ljv.jpg:large

CS99NKMWsAAiKZW.jpg:large

Blog Post:
Part 1 Limited Edition
Part 2

Imgur:
Part 1 Limited Edition & Part 2

So far I'm building up my Xmas list and Mobile Suit Gundam Part 1 is one of them, it's been ordered so I should manage to receive the box.

Received this lot in the post today from UP1, not sure how but vol 3 and vol 4 of Nisekoi's bd cases were damaged, even though the card sleeve was fine lol - this is just part of my pickups for Nov, still got SAO II part 3, Durarara!!x2 Shou vol 2, Black Lagoon CE and MSG The Origin II to come yet
S3n4iGp.jpg

Arrived today. Unfortunately I got done by customs. What makes it worse is I also had to pay Parceforce their extortionate handling fee of £13.50.
001_4.jpg

Back