What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Another Artbook in the mail today!
My collection of Inoue Takehiko books is steadily growing, this time with the book 'Water'. It's full of water colour paintings and such from the Vagabond manga series. He is truly a god amongst artists. Amazing stuff inside!
IMG_0077-2.jpg

GODDAMN IT ZEN I SAID NO.
I'm still majorly pissed off at them.
I shouldn't have gone out.
In all honesty I was surprised to see it on the shelf as I forgot when it was even due to release.
Here's the so called "Digital Goodies" if anyone wants them http://personaeurope.com/bonus/digitalgoodies.zip
Absolutely nothing exciting - Facebook Icons/Banners, Twitter Banners and Character Desktop Backgrounds in 16:10

Tenchi Muyo was a complete blind buy for me, I just fancied watching something older that wasn't Lain.

74jcwh5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
animefreak17 said:
do i need the game to understand the series?
Persona 4 The Animation is a rushed adaptation of the original Persona 4 PS2 Game.
Persona 4 Arena is apparently a sequel. I haven't actually touched the story mode yet.

That said, Persona 4's Ending, (especially if you play the epilogue in the Golden) provides a good closure so you can stop there and it wouldn't really make any difference.

Well, looky what turned up this morning. It's 250 pages of artwork from the Atelier Arland trilogy, over 100 of which are full-page illustrations - mainly wholesome stuff like this. (Disclaimer: may not be entirely wholesome.)

usAU5h6.jpg

I pre-ordered at Amazon couple of weeks ago for £21.75, which is about half of what I was at one point considering paying for the Japanese import. As you can imagine, I'm glad I held off.

And I'm glad I pre-ordered, as Amazon have since put the price up to £34 O_O

Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:
Persona 4 The Animation is a rushed adaptation of the original Persona 4 PS2 Game.
Persona 4 Arena is apparently a sequel. I haven't actually touched the story mode yet.

That said, Persona 4's Ending, (especially if you play the epilogue in the Golden) provides a good closure so you can stop there and it wouldn't really make any difference.

I'd actually advise playing Persona 3 before Arena, that's the game Arena's plot spoils the most. You don't need to play the games to understand the Persona 4 or Trinity Soul anime series though.

That Persona Arena vinyl is amazing, I think the game was worth buying just for that.

FourthLion said:
Mangaranga said:
animefreak17 said:

I'd actually advise playing Persona 3 before Arena, that's the game Arena's plot spoils the most. You don't need to play the games to understand the Persona 4 or Trinity Soul anime series though.

That Persona Arena vinyl is amazing, I think the game was worth buying just for that.
is Trinity Soul related to Persona 4

animefreak17 said:
is Trinity Soul related to Persona 4

Trinity Soul is kinda it's own thing. It's more linked to Persona 3 (a few characters cameos) than Persona 4, but it's about 8 years after Persona 4 I think and mostly all new characters. I've also heard Trinity Soul isn't very good :/ I'm yet to actually watch it.

Ninja Boy! said:
Another Artbook in the mail today!
My collection of Inoue Takehiko books is steadily growing, this time with the book 'Water'. It's full of water colour paintings and such from the Vagabond manga series. He is truly a god amongst artists. Amazing stuff inside!
IMG_0077-2.jpg

I used to have that! A lovely art book. And I agree Inoue Takehiko is just amazing. Though I could never really get into the Vagabond manga, as the violence was just a bit too gratuitous for me.

Ok if it's related then I'l get it.

It's always been a rule of mine, never watch a series until youv got the whole series, that is if it has a western release or a aus releases

Got another two artbooks from Japan this morning! Another two older books I have been after for some time.

Hirokazu Hisayuki : Mai-Hime Artbook
Mai-Hime is probably one of my favourite Animes out there and this book has a collection of art from the character designer, Hirokazu Hisayuki. A nice collection of art from My-Hime, My-Otome and other anime shows he was responsible for!
IMG_0041-2-1.jpg

IMG_0045-2.jpg

Ugetsu Hakua : Flamboyant
Now this is one I was super happy to be able to get a hold of. Not only is this long OOP but the prices are insane. I managed to get it for around £20 which is a steal! Ugetsu Hakua is an artist who is most well known for the character designs in Burst Angel, another show which I enjoyed (but could have been better). He has a unique style which I like.

With Slip Cover
IMG_0027-2.jpg

Front Cover
IMG_0031-2.jpg

Back Cover
IMG_0035-2.jpg

Back close up
IMG_0034-2.jpg

I really should stop buying artbooks...my wallet :cry:

Coolincestmonogataribro came today. My Only complaint is that the art in the first two BD cases are too big, so the artwork is all crinkled - oh, and also that the series is nowhere near as good as Bakemonogatari.
PLkWGmM.jpg
2KKBmcm.jpg

Back