What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

fabricatedlunatic said:
And I'm glad I pre-ordered, as Amazon have since put the price up to £34 O_OO/quote]
Yeah, I noticed this quite quickly after seeing your post... I was hoping you were going to point me in a different direction. ^^;

These turned up today. Used two years of reward points to get the BluRay player for £35, very happy with it. Now I can throw out that awful Samsung dvd player that I hate so much, maybe I'll help it on it's way with a sledgehammer :twisted:

animefreak17 said:
congratulations
animefreak17 said:
did your dvd player skip or something to piss you off
Haha, if I start listing the problems that old player had I'd be here all night, but basically it is slow, stupid, badly designed and never liked MVM discs for some reason. Probably the only good thing about it is that I never had any mechanical problems with it. It is a dvd recorder with built-in hard drive and cost me about £300 four years ago. Thanks to it I'll never buy Samsung again, ever. Unfortunately my mum has decided she wants it, so now I'll have to try explaining how it works and why this expensive machine can't handle tasks that even a basic model from Argos could do.

The new bluray player is very basic, no recording or hard drive, but theres not much on tv thats worth recording these days so all I need is a basic player. And it should use about half the electricity that my PS3 uses when watching blurays so its all good.

@elixEideJ & Mangaranga

iv got a blu-ray and a DVD player i use the blu-ray and if it brakes down il have a back up the dvd player until i get it fixed or buy a new one, i use the dvd player to watch anime with my mum * its been unlocked for all regions like my blu-ray so that way we can watch anything *

Oh no, I forgot about region unlocking *facepalm*
I'll just have to use my laptop to watch R1 dvds. I can connect it to the tv easily enough so it should be okay.

ilmaestro said:
Yeah, I noticed this quite quickly after seeing your post... I was hoping you were going to point me in a different direction. ^^;;
It's actually cheaper from Amazon.com (about £26) with the cheapest shipping option.

Nisemonogatari set looks nice, and would look even nicer next to my Bake set, but it has to be said: Hanekawa with short hair = yes. Senjougahara with short hair = NO.

Got these today as my birthday presents
2013-05-17-174642_zps10755564.jpg

Tiger and Bunny part 1 (eps 1-12) arrived from DevotedDVD. This is the Aussie release, which works out to be cheaper than either the UK or US releases.

20130521_123707_zps3014399f.jpg

Ath did it avoid customs? (last time I used devotedDvD it came via deutsche post) Parts 1 and 2 shipped this morning for £55 including postage slightly over half the price of the eventual 4 part UK release.

Yup, no custom charges here, arrived via Deutsche Post too. Only downside is that it took 3 weeks to arrive, but that's understandable considering all the hoops it probably had to go through to avoid customs :p

Great news the time won't bother me, I was about to order Viz's barebones release when I stumbled across a link to sirens website and couldn't believe the price with all the extra goodies.
Also I love the Nakamura picture (she is awesome but creeps the hell out of me).

Today Time of Eve and the Attack on Titan ED single came. Can't believe it took me this long to work out the singer is Mio's VA from K-On!. It's wasn't until the second track that I noticed.

Ayhs41P.jpg

sean morrison said:
Great news the time won't bother me, I was about to order Viz's barebones release when I stumbled across a link to sirens website and couldn't believe the price with all the extra goodies.
I was actually on the fence about whether to buy Siren's release over Viz's. I like the slipcover artwork, but the cards look to be lower quality than Kaze's ones, and the logoless digipack just doesn't look very nice.

Mangaranga said:
Can't believe it took me this long to work out the singer is Mio's VA from K-On!. It's wasn't until the second track that I noticed.
But her name's right there on the front... :p

Back