What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Joshawott said:
MVM's Bodacious Space Pirates cover still looks like it was made on MS Paint.
I actually think that's one of their better covers of late... I quite like the image on a plain white background. Understated. Doesn't look so much like a bootleg.

That is a LOT of white space at the bottom though - They could have centralised the main image and title a bit better. Almost looks like it was made with a BD case in mind and then had an extra half-inch added to the bottom edge.

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
MVM's Bodacious Space Pirates cover still looks like it was made on MS Paint.
I actually think that's one of their better covers of late...
Which isn't saying much tbh....

That is a LOT of white space at the bottom though - They could have centralised the main image and title a bit better. Almost looks like it was made with a BD case in mind and then had an extra half-inch added to the bottom edge.
I would moved the whole image down. The main image is close to the top of the case, but nowhere near the bottom. I can only guess that MVM didn't want the logo to hit the BBFC rating or MVM logo.
And changed the background colour. White is too...plain.

The white would be quite stylish if the logos were fenced off somewhere, but because it has stuff floating around in it the visual impact of a plain background is lost.

It's the same image as the US set but the US version has a coloured background and fills the space better.

R

Some items I received, yesterday. Kino's Journey might be interesting for collectors, since it comes with English dub/sub:

Kino's Journey Collector's Edition (Chipboard Artbox + 4 mini poster):

Audio: Japanese DD 2.0, English&German DD 5.1
Subtitles: English, German

currently on sale on Amazon.de for 28,97€ http://www.amazon.de/Kinos-Journey-...GSOG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360502723&sr=8-1

kjabfb.jpg
kjcf.jpg

All DVD-inlays are double-sided
kjc01b.jpg
kjc02b.jpg

kjc03b.jpg
kjc04b.jpg

Mini poster DINA4
kjmp01.jpg
kjmp02.jpg
kjmp03.jpg

kjmp04.jpg
kjtd02.jpg

Iria Zeiram Complete Edtion :
iriasc.jpg
iriacf.jpg
iriaci.jpg

iriatd.jpg

3x3 Eyes OVA Complete Edition:
3x3esallxso.jpg
3x3etd.jpg
3x3eci.jpg
3x3ecf.jpg

Patlabor 3 WXIII:

Audio: Japanese&French DTS-HD 5.1
Subtitles: French, German, Dutch

patlabor3front.jpg
patlabor3back.jpg

I know it sounds bad, but they were originally about 7,000 yen each. As a guess, the shipping would of been about 5/6,000 & I dread to think what the customs would of been.

GolGotha said:
I know it sounds bad, but they were originally about 7,000 yen each. As a guess, the shipping would of been about 5/6,000 & I dread to think what the customs would of been.

I think thouse amounts can only be supported for who really likes the figures. I like to see, but i dont pay to have them. Prefer dvds :)

You're so lucky! That's why I want it released over here, look how beautiful that set is! Those covers are artwork from Jun Mochizuki as well. Oh..... :( please someone release it. Pleeeeease. Pandora Hearts needs more love.

I didn't recive it today but found it in a box that I'd completly forgotten about:

I'm not going to use it, it says its from 1996 and its computer friendly (which you'd kind of hope for).

Back