What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Dannielle said:
sugDlp.png

weyyyyy, thanks Zavvi!
Asked for a replacement cause it looks god awful.

Half considering cancelling my Space Dandy order with them even with the top price I got for it. Urgh.
Come on be honest, that "art box" is probably only gonna last a month at most before someone sneezes by it and it crumples like a wet piece of paper :p

I've never actually had any problems with zavvi shipping. Plus I got Space Dandy pre ordered from them for £35 for the blu ray :D

Anything with packaging that's liable to be damaged needs to be ordered from Amazon or United Publications. Everyone else will throw it in a padded envelope and entrust its well-being to fate (or, worse, Royal Maul).

So my friend went to Tokyo two months back and he secretly got me these few:

BxcqjysCMAAqHrk.jpg:large

Bxcq09lCMAAWAOm.jpg:large

Bxcq072CQAAvkEg.jpg:large

Though I was hoping to get a wall scroll, I'm actually quite happy to own a Japanese manga (for those who can't read, the manga above is Akame ga Kill! Zero Volume 1).

Haha, yeah it feels real flimsy. It wouldn't take a lot to damage it, adding to it that there was probably a high bulk of orders and it came in a jiffy bag. I could deal with the dents, I could try to reshape it (I did a fair bit of reshaping before taking a pic) so it looks okay but the rip did it for me.

Space Dandy should be coming in Durarara type packaging so damage shouldn't be so easy to do but still a bit nervous, I'll see what A/L put up on their store and see. You got it for 35 quid? Waaah I thought getting mine for 40 was good. Lucky.

I think I'll stick with Amazon & up1 if this packaging ever comes by again.

Dannielle said:
Haha, yeah it feels real flimsy. It wouldn't take a lot to damage it, adding to it that there was probably a high bulk of orders and it came in a jiffy bag. I could deal with the dents, I could try to reshape it (I did a fair bit of reshaping before taking a pic) so it looks okay but the rip did it for me.
That rip looks like it was done when it was put in the shrink wrap from the look of the photo. Unless the shrink wrap is also ripped by it (can't tell from the picture)

I'm glad i went for the Funi release now.

Gemsy-chan said:
Dannielle said:
That rip looks like it was done when it was put in the shrink wrap from the look of the photo. Unless the shrink wrap is also ripped by it (can't tell from the picture)

Just looked, the wrap isn't ripped so it must've been done as you said. Christ, whoever wrapped it must've not been paying attention when doing so.

Finally found a good decent price for Yurusarezaru Mono and I also picked up Mastodon's Once More 'Round the Sun album.

BxgNsy2IQAAL3mO.jpg:large

So happy to own Yurusarezaru Mono since I really enjoyed watching it in the cinema (via limited 1 week release at Cineworld). Thank you Warner Bros! Hopefully they get more Japanese films out there (most likely the Rurouni Kenshin sequels).

Dannielle said:
Gemsy-chan said:
Dannielle said:

Just looked, the wrap isn't ripped so it must've been done as you said. Christ, whoever wrapped it must've not been paying attention when doing so.

When I worked at HMV they had a machine that did it, so it might of been the same in this situation.

In which case, it might be worth poking MangaUK.

Although I never did get my replacement Journey from Agartha case after that was butchered in the post...

Oh right ..hmm, I'll see what Zavvi can do, they offered a 15% refund but not having any of that, replacement or full refund. If they're still pains in the asses, I'll contact Manga directly.

consumer rights yoo

Dannielle said:
Oh right ..hmm, I'll see what Zavvi can do, they offered a 15% refund but not having any of that, replacement or full refund. If they're still pains in the asses, I'll contact Manga directly.

consumer rights yoo

15% refund, whut?! Surely the point of a refund is either all or nothing?

Lutga said:
Dannielle said:

consumer rights yoo

15% refund, whut?! Surely the point of a refund is either all or nothing?

Yeh =[

I asked for a replacement in my initial message, failing that a full refund and this was the exact response: "As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer a refund of 15%. Please can you let us know if you are happy to accept this partial refund?" ...... : | I'm hoping that's just something they have to do first off, so they don't possibility loose out on any/much money if the customer accepts. I'm sure if a customer pushes it further, you can get a replacement/full refund, bloody hope so anyway.

This arrived this morning. The "traditional steak selection" from Donald Russell. 5 different cuts of steak over 9 pieces/slices. Also got a pack of sausages and mini burgers thrown in for free and bought lasagnes too that were on offer for my buying the steak selection. Om nom. Going to have the lasagnes tomorrow once defrosted :3

Dannielle said:
Sounds about right for Zavvi. Everything's good - well, adequate - until something goes wrong. If you do return it, I'd advise using the Signed For service.

Finally a use for all those Nintendo points...

DxWlVngl.jpg

Emulsion said:
@NormanicGrav.

In the first photo of those items from Japan, what's the item on the left and and who is the character?

I don't know unfortunately but I'll try and find out when I see him again. As for the item, it's a type of folder I think.

It's called a 'clear file' in merchandise language and it's from Melon Books (a chain of otaku-friendly shops). The artist is 西川アト.

R

Rui said:
It's called a 'clear file' in merchandise language and it's from Melon Books (a chain of otaku-friendly shops). The artist is 西川アト.

R

Thanks for that info.

I've heard of clear files and have seen them on AmiAmi, but they are normally renders or sample images. Not sure if I have seen one in a photo before, or at least not a clear unobstructed photo of one.

Back