What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Hey ho, been a while since I posted, or bought much recently! But happened upon this on a JP auction site and snagged it immediately. Felt the need to share.

0aXCqpS.jpg

Last edited:
t1fyRifh.jpg

FX0aStTh.jpg
K0O0Qush.jpg

Today's arrival is Tenjo Tenge Omnibus 4 from publisher Viz Media via their SIGNATURE label. A while ago when I was freaking out over Sekirei I was thinking to myself on what other series I should look into next for my manga collection. After some consideration I decided to go with Tenjo Tenge because I bought that first Omnibus volume back in April 2014, that's seven years ago. I did remember enjoying what I read but at the same time I also recall not picking up any volumes because of stock issues here and there so I thought it was out of print or something.

So as I did my research it shocked me that not only were the books still available, but the series was released by Viz Media back in 2011-2013 and that is both alarming but also surprising at the same time. So I gave it some thought on whether I should really risk it and get the remaining 10 omnibus books or drop the series entirely and I decided it was worth doing so because pricing-wise it is possible.

But saying that there have been some hurdles along the way. Buying Tenjo Tenge is just as inconsistent as Sekirei was in a sense where they are going to arrive in an irregular order, so it won't be Omnibus 2, Omnibus 3 etc but rather Omnibus 4 then Omnibus 3 then Ominbus 6 as an example. This is because I had to order the books across different retailers for the right price and availability. It's mad I know, but for the best.

So here's how it's going to be laid out:
  • Omnibus 1 - Already acquired back in April 2014
  • Omnibus 2 - Dispatched from Blackwells, ETA Early April 2021
  • Omnibus 3 - Dispatched from Amazon, ETA Monday
  • Omnibus 4 - Arrived today!
  • Omnibus 5 - Ordered from Book Depository, ETA Dispatch Early April 2021
  • Omnibus 6 - Dispatched from Amazon, ETA Monday
  • Omnibus 7 - Ordered from Book Depository, ETA Dispatch Early April 2021
  • Omnibus 8 - Ordered from Book Depository, ETA Dispatch Mid-April 2021 (this one is shipping from Australia)
  • Omnibus 9 - Not yet ordered, mainly because it seems to be in stock at a better position than others were.
  • Omnibus 10 - Not yet ordered, mainly because it seems to be in stock at a better position than others were.
  • Omnibus 11 - Ordered from Blackwells, ETA Dispatch Mid-April 2021
Buying manga is surprisingly amusing considering I have been so used to getting anime that costs a lot more. I would like to keep this sort of hauls on-going throughout the year but I don't want to put myself into this position of having to grab them all because they're almost gone every single time. Saying that though, a shorter and maybe complete series combined with the right pricing is more doable - but I will say this though: thank god this is not published by Seven Seas.

ZtIgFTWh.jpg

5wpLiC7h.jpg
aAexVkwh.jpg

Today's arrivals are Tenjo Tenge Omnibus 3 & 6 from publisher Viz Media via their SIGNATURE label. This is basically the second half of the Amazon order I made with Omnibus 4 and was initially supposed to arrive tomorrow. Like Omnibus 4 these two volumes were in Germany but packaging was better and both books were sealed.

Unless I buy something else that's going to arrive quickly, I think this is the last pickup for the month since the rest of the volumes (2, 5, 7, 8, 11) won't arrive until April at least.
  • Omnibus 1 - Acquired
  • Omnibus 2 - Dispatched from Blackwells, ETA Early April 2021
  • Omnibus 3 - Acquired
  • Omnibus 4 - Acquired
  • Omnibus 5 - Ordered from Book Depository, ETA Dispatch Early April 2021
  • Omnibus 6 - Acquired
  • Omnibus 7 - Ordered from Book Depository, ETA Dispatch Early April 2021
  • Omnibus 8 - Ordered from Book Depository, ETA Dispatch Mid-April 2021 (this one is shipping from Australia)
  • Omnibus 9 - Not yet ordered, mainly because it seems to be in stock at a better position than others were.
  • Omnibus 10 - Not yet ordered, mainly because it seems to be in stock at a better position than others were.
  • Omnibus 11 - Ordered from Blackwells, ETA Dispatch Mid-April 2021

Now that I have my full refund, have obtained a replacement and verified that this one works, my new acquisition can be revealed:

View attachment 17889

So rather than my 27” monitor, I will now be able to experience the rest of Gurren Lagann at 100”. It’s what Kamina would have wanted.
Very nice, I've always wondered about whether a home projector would be a superior viewing experience over the current OLED TVs and how practical it would be. Oh well, future home cinema room dreams continue.

Very nice, I've always wondered about whether a home projector would be a superior viewing experience over the current OLED TVs and how practical it would be. Oh well, future home cinema room dreams continue.
My dad has had projectors for years, he doesn’t watch TV and so I’ve gotten a pretty good feel for watching stuff on them and can personally say I much prefer viewing a projected image than staring directly into a light source, it’s easier on the eyes. I happened to notice a couple of years ago when I ordered him a new one how cheap actually pretty decent 1080p ones have gotten, and it’s just had to wait until I had my own place. With an offer, that was £130 and the image quality is excellent. There’s no way I could get a decent sized TV for that price and personally, I don’t give a fig about things like HDR. It just depends what people prefer.

My dad has had projectors for years, he doesn’t watch TV and so I’ve gotten a pretty good feel for watching stuff on them and can personally say I much prefer viewing a projected image than staring directly into a light source, it’s easier on the eyes. I happened to notice a couple of years ago when I ordered him a new one how cheap actually pretty decent 1080p ones have gotten, and it’s just had to wait until I had my own place. With an offer, that was £130 and the image quality is excellent. There’s no way I could get a decent sized TV for that price and personally, I don’t give a fig about things like HDR. It just depends what people prefer.
Yeah I was thinking along similar lines in terms of getting a screen that size and potentially also the portability as a plus, but I'm guessing you have to be a lot more particular, during the day at least, of blocking out light. Well let's see, will probably try one at some point in the future.

Yeah I was thinking along similar lines in terms of getting a screen that size and potentially also the portability as a plus, but I'm guessing you have to be a lot more particular, during the day at least, of blocking out light. Well let's see, will probably try one at some point in the future.

Maybe we need a thread on media/projection related things?

I have considered a projector setup myself but logistics and having the right room environment have so far put me off the idea.

Projector needs power, it makes some noise (has fans for cooling), it needs a dark room to operate, ideally a proper screen to show on (unless a wall is good enough) and I think the bulbs need a bit of time to warm up to peak brightness. The bulbs also need replacing after being used for a certain length of time.

I'd also say if using separate speakers and AVR like I have it also requires connectivity from across the room somehow.

I think in the right room layout they are a good investment, the more expensive ones can do 4k and HDR and things as well.

Projector needs power, it makes some noise (has fans for cooling), it needs a dark room to operate, ideally a proper screen to show on (unless a wall is good enough) and I think the bulbs need a bit of time to warm up to peak brightness. The bulbs also need replacing after being used for a certain length of time.
Crank the volume up and get blackout curtains 😛

LED projectors don’t have the same issues as the old lamps with with warmup times (and cooldown times, my dad’s old projector used to have to stay on to run its fans for a while after turning the bulb off just to cool it down properly) or in fact with length of life. LEDs have considerably longer lives than bulbs and can run pretty much forever if they’re treated right, I think it’s very likely on cheap LED projectors like mine that the cooling system will probably fail before the LEDs. I’d be willing to bet it will outlast a lot of TVs.

Crank the volume up and get blackout curtains 😛

LED projectors don’t have the same issues as the old lamps with with warmup times (and cooldown times, my dad’s old projector used to have to stay on to run its fans for a while after turning the bulb off just to cool it down properly) or in fact with length of life. LEDs have considerably longer lives than bulbs and can run pretty much forever if they’re treated right, I think it’s very likely on cheap LED projectors like mine that the cooling system will probably fail before the LEDs. I’d be willing to bet it will outlast a lot of TVs.

Yeah I know they can be good and I could buy a nicer one probably, but it's mainly an issue with room layout and stuff needed to make it work properly.

Below is how my lounge is laid out, the black squares are my speakers, so I have speaker cable running in trunking all around the room from the TV Unit to the back left corner.

The width of the room is about 3.5M wide, and about 5M long, so it's a fairly large space, but it's an awkward shape. The door at the top end means that the wall there is only 2.4M wide until the doorframe, and I have 2 floor standing speakers.

Projector screen would probably need to go on the right hand side wall, which means it would need to be able to project over a distance of about 3.5M, and would likely need to be ceiling mounted. The sofa would then go in front of the patio doors (blocking access).

I'd love to do it but I think I'd need an extension and a proper layout for it, at the moment the much larger TV is the better shout to make life simpler :(

Lounge.png

Below is how my lounge is laid out
Aye, that is indeed a lot of doors and windows to contend with, that’s fair. Living in a mid-terrace I have plenty of wall space on opposite sides and not a lot of windows!

I will at some point have to run speaker wire across the floor, but I’m just gonna buy a rug.

Aye, that is indeed a lot of doors and windows to contend with, that’s fair. Living in a mid-terrace I have plenty of wall space on opposite sides and not a lot of windows!

I will at some point have to run speaker wire across the floor, but I’m just gonna buy a rug.

I wish they put the patio door at the back wall instead where the two large windows are, and then the windows could have gone where the patio door was, then I could have had the media kit on the large clear wall on the right hand side.

Oh well, house is great otherwise so small thing, I just need a huge TV as the room is quite long! :D

Last edited:
PACKAGE DROP week midpoint ver.

BLU-RAY + FIGURE
YU-NO will be an interesting watch after playing the VN. Picked up a Yuri Nendoroid that I might plan to combine with my Funi LE set for sale at some point? 🤔

VIDEO GAME
So far the best bundle to offer compared to other retailers. Though I believe this Nintendo bundle has now sold out. Now we play a waiting game for the rumoured NSW Pro console ⏳

PACKAGE DROP week start ver.

BLU-RAY
Picked up Funi/Manga BD sets. Finally purchased the second part of Steins;Gate 0. Still need to go back and play the VN. Maybe an "ELITE" version might motivate?

Polish_20210329_170802848.png

VIDEO GAME + Figure
Time to get the glow sticks out 🗿 Incomplete IDOL M@STER bundle but still quite a bit of content to check out 👍

Polish_20210329_151930541.png

Last edited:
Back