What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Luna

Stand User
I dont know if Jiro Taniguchi is famous within this forum but I like his work a lot. He sadly passed away in 2017 but due to the slow yet steady releases coming out I am still finding new and interesting material.

Besides the Berserk Ultimate Vol1, I continued the Trouble is my business series. It is about a melancholic private detective in Japan. Taniguchi´s style is the opposite of what is currently considered en vogue and it seems very European. He also focuses on more grounded topics. I like this approach a lot because when I am watching some giant robots battling it out on TV, sometimes a little different tone is kinda welcome :)View attachment 10364
Hands up. I'm a reader!
And for that title exactly the same publisher, too, lol. (The release cycles of it are terror though,)

Definitely one skillful artist across the board.
Albeit I can't say, I really like all his stuff (Icaro was, uh, strange?) and somehow nothing from him has ever personally deeply resonated with me. But many of his have left quite a deep impression.
Inu wo Kau is one work I would decidedly call out to be a must-read for anyone playing around with the idea of getting a dog (or perhaps even any pet). (And I could even care less about dogs, as I don't like them.)
Still only though half of his bibliography, but Ryouken Tantei/Der Jäger is probably my favorite of his.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Hnnng that's a nice looking set. The Fate fan in me kind of wants that but (not knowing how english friendly it is) I will wait for MVM's release.
All Ufotable Fate titles in Japan have English subtitles (with the Complete Series BD-Boxes for both Zero and Unlimited Blade Works also including the English dub).

Bannion

Completely Average High School Student
I reviewed Jiro Taniguchi’s western manga Sky Hawk recently for AUKN and it had great art and tight storytelling. I’m keen on checking out some more of his works.
Ah shoot, I totally forgot! I read your review but registered in the forum 5 days afterwards. I couldnt make the connection . :)
Yes, you should definitely have a look into the other works. Maybe start with Luna´s suggestion Ryouken Tantei (dont know if that is out in English) or my personal favourit the summit of the gods.

Hands up. I'm a reader!
And for that title exactly the same publisher, too, lol. (The release cycles of it are terror though,)

Definitely one skillful artist across the board.
Albeit I can't say, I really like all his stuff (Icaro was, uh, strange?) and somehow nothing from him has ever personally deeply resonated with me. But many of his have left quite a deep impression.
Inu wo Kau is one work I would decidedly call out to be a must-read for anyone playing around with the idea of getting a dog (or perhaps even any pet). (And I could even care less about dogs, as I don't like them.)
Still only though half of his bibliography, but Ryouken Tantei/Der Jäger is probably my favorite of his.
I was standing in front of a collection of Taniguchi Mangas in a store on Monday and couldnt decide if I am taking Ryouken Tantei with me or not. I dont know the story but it looked like something I would enjoy. Good to know that you would also recommend it!!

Hey, maybe I should start a Thread for this guy as it seems there is at least a little bit of interest in this forum and this picture/photo thread wont get a Taniguchi overflow. ;)

Reactions: HWR

WMD

Adventurer
15678638824096104494749682658077.jpg

Thought My Hero Academia would come in a hard case. Am I simply supposed to replace the goodies box in the part 1 collectors set with the amaray?

WMD

Adventurer
Yes.

Did that not come with a slipcover? Would annoy me if Steins;Gate 0 didnt have one either.
No slip cover. Just the amaray. Looks like others maybe got one. Maybe its coz I bought the combi rather than the standard blu ray only?

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
No slip cover. Just the amaray. Looks like others maybe got one. Maybe its coz I bought the combi rather than the standard blu ray only?
The combo pack version is designed to be slotted into the limited edition, so I would assume the slipcover inclusion would make no sense.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff

I went to town once again and I finished the trip with Tales of Berseria now finally joining the PlayStation 4 collection, as the 89th title.

Managed to get the game installed on the console at least so there's some space left lol. Overall, the spoiler below is the backlog on the PlayStation 4 thus far. Yakuza Kiwami 2 is the only one missing as it'll require a lot of space to take up.

Reactions: WMD

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
I wont be buying the "Combo" Set as I refuse to pay extras for discs I wont use (when there is a choice so as with SG0 there isnt etc). So when I get Part 2 in a few weeks ill just get the normal BD version.

NormanicGrav

AUKN Staff
I wont be buying the "Combo" Set as I refuse to pay extras for discs I wont use (when there is a choice so as with SG0 there isnt etc). So when I get Part 2 in a few weeks ill just get the normal BD version.
But what if the Blu-ray case doesn't fit on the set, aren't the two cases slightly different in size?

thedoctor2016

Shrine Maiden
It is a Different size case but CCS fits in it and saves me like £5. I do agree with SG0 way though where all releases are combos (if the LE has to be a combo) so you don’t have to buy a Special Part 2

image.jpg

Lambadelta

Za Warudo
Picked up my animation cel from the framing store. It was pretty pricey to get it custom framed, but I love how it looks.

(If your wondering why I didn't get it framed without the genga. It's stuck to the genga, and its too risky removing them without damaging the cel)

IMG_20190907_172258_small.jpg

To be consigned to be the immortal second player, to veer off screen as the spotlight follows something much faster and more exciting, to be used time and time again as a grim litmus test for danger, to lift a lazy player one and carry the blame like sin once flight time runs out above a bottomless chasm.

This is Tails' finest hour