What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I'm very proud to say my third anime acquisition of March is:

Or in case people can't open pictures of this beauty, I acquired: DURARARA!!

On the note of "not standing straight", this is how it looks standing next to 2 other rigid boxes:

The only distortion there in the picture is the fact I can't seem to be able to get a full front view and always am taking photos from a small angle, I don't think the plastic distorts the idea of how straight it stands a lot. When I looked with my triangle it seemed to be about 3 degrees off the desired 90. (But it DOES NOT fall over! So it can stand on its own)

In general I think this is great packaging, love how it looks despite the small problems it has.
The only other problem I'm having looking at it in my collection is that it's there all alone. XD

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. The only solution I have is basically filling up my shelf with more artboxes so that Durarara!!, Psycho-Pass & Robotics;Notes look like they're standing straight.

From Elaniel via the postman:

4MRp2JTl.jpg

And from visiting Newcastle the other day...

As promised here is my first batch of pickups for April 2014... (even though it's not April yet! :p)

Just ordered these five anime yesterday and received them today, very happy:

Clannad: Complete Series Collection on DVD (Manga UK):

Front:

Front.jpg

Back:

Back.jpg

Inside:

Inside.jpg

Claymore: Complete Series on DVD (Manga UK)

Front:

Front.jpg

Back:

Back.jpg

Inside:

Inside.jpg

Kanon: Complete Set S.A.V.E Edition on DVD (Funimation):

Front:

Front.jpg

Back

Back.jpg

Inside (with Discs):

Inside_with_Discs.jpg

Inside (without Discs):

Inside_without_Discs.jpg

Kimi ni Todoke: Box Set 1 (Episodes 1-12) DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Pack (NIS America):

Front:

Front.jpg

Back:

Back.jpg

Inside:

Inside.jpg

Episode Guide:

Episode_Guide.jpg

The World God Only Knows - Complete Season 2 on DVD (Manga UK):

Front:

Front.jpg

Back:

Back.jpg

Inside (with Discs):

Inside_with_Discs.jpg

Inside (without Discs):

Inside_without_Discs.jpg

I'm still waiting on two others items:

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom S.A.V.E Edition on Blu-Ray (Funimation)
Ai Yori Aoshi (Complete Seasons 1-2) Anime Classics on DVD (Funimation)

Also, nice to see the Kanon release is just as good as the Air release, even though they're both S.A.V.E Editions.

Also, very happy to see that Kimi ni Todoke Box Set 1's Blu-Ray discs work on my UK PS3. :)

Forgive me for the huge amount of images, is this too much? If so, I will condense it down into fewer images. (I do this, so people can get a sense of what each release looks like in detail.)

lelouchnarukami said:
Forgive me for the huge amount of images, is this too much? If so, I will condense it down into fewer images. (I do this, so people can get a sense of what each release looks like in detail.)

If you have a look at what I've done (which I get that strange feeling you took inspiration upon) I used to stack 2 images a row which could help save some space in your posts. Now I'm just doing group pics per set and leaving the rest on my blogger. But overall I'm fine with what you're doing, only if the image is ridiculously big is when people like bakum4tsu can't get to see the whole thing due to the resolution.

NormanicGrav said:
lelouchnarukami said:

If you have a look at what I've done (which I get that strange feeling you took inspiration upon) I used to stack 2 images a row which could help save some space in your posts. Now I'm just doing group pics per set and leaving the rest on my blogger. But overall I'm fine with what you're doing, only if the image is ridiculously big is when people like bakum4tsu can't get to see the whole thing due to the resolution.

I think I may have taken some inspiration from a number of people who have previously posted in this thread, but I feel the way I do it is easiest for me to upload the images and also clear for you guys to get what picture is from where. :)

As for the blog, I did consider that... but not everyone likes to click links to another page... but I'll see in the future about that.

When I upload a image, it's automatically resized to a suitable size to fit a message board/forum such as this.

If you use imgur as your image host, you can display the large thumbnail of your picture like this:

[ img]imgur.com/imageurll.jpg[/img] The extra 'L' at the end of the filename does that.

Gemsy-chan said:
bakum4tsu said:
Got these today and Durarara set is amazing indeed and mine can stand straight actually. Its not falling to the side eheh :D
Yay...they finally sent it to you

eheh indeed!! They have sent Thursday and got here today in Portugal. :) I have already started rewatching it. :D

Two new items received today:

5 Centimeters Per Second on DVD (Manga UK):

Front:

Front.jpg

Back:

Back.jpg

Inside:

Inside.jpg

Reversible Cover:

Reversible_Cover.jpg

Kamisama Kiss: The Complete Series DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Pack (Funimation)

Front (with Slip Cover):

Front_with_Slip_Cover.jpg

Back (with Slip Cover):

Back_with_Slip_Cover.jpg

Inside:

Inside.jpg

The 5 Centimeters Per Second was at a great price, so just went for it. (Really enjoyed another of Makoto Shinkai's films; The Garden of Words)

As for Kamisama Kiss, I can confirm it is Region B compatible (Tested on a UK PS3).

More photos coming in the coming weeks!

Been in the mood to watch Naruto for a while and found these volumes bargain priced on ebay, £20 for 117 episodes, BELIEVE IT. AL;so got Steins; Gate as been wanting to add it to my colelction for a while, will start on it once i've finished Durarara!!

13585293355_32ae76347d_b.jpg

13585660374_7b5b667a42_b.jpg

This arrived today...0055/2000. I thought that was quite a low number as i had to order it in from otaku.co.uk and didn't have it on preorder for when it was released.

20140402_145047_zpsb41dc805.jpg
20140402_145054_zps0069277c.jpg

20140402_145121_zps78e37dd8.jpg

DO4mZdFl.jpg

Got these yesterday. Early birthday present from my boyfriend. My birthday is actually today but I have to go to uni today so wouldn't have been at home to receive them.

Back