What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Part 2 is just as big so I think you should get away from that delusion XD
I meant the Blu ray case and booklet from part 2 my bad :p yeah part 2 is gonna be the same size which is confusing and impractical. In this heat I probably am a bit addled, but not quite deluded.

Last edited:
QGaRFXol.jpg

I've literally been using this for about 20mins and I don't think I'll be able to use a 1080p screen again...

Few things I didn't expect with this, 1st off it's the white model with a USB 3.1 connector at the back, I thought it was the black version without (probably would have preferred that tbh). 2 - The frame is made of metal, I mean the back is plastic but even then it doesn't feel like cheap plastic and 3, and most importantly, I think this is the first monitor I have ever bought that doesn't have dead pixels out the box, or atleast I couldn't see any with my quick check. :p

My only real complaint is a lack of support for vesa mounts and lack of height adjustment, but I knew about those when I bought it.

All in all I'm very happy with this for £202, not so happy I am now going to have to redo all my cable management around my desk. >_>

IMG_5265.jpg

Well this is an awkward situation. Today I received Gal*Gun and OneChanbara Z: Kagura with NoNoNo! from Solaris Japan, both of these are pre-owned as their new/sealed prices are rather high. Except there's one problem - I can't play Gal*Gun.

The disc for Gal*Gun appears to be faulty for some reason, I can't finish the install game data because it's stuck at 82-83%. Basically you need to install the game data in order to actually start the game. Gal*Gun isn't available on PSN anymore because the publisher Alchemist went bankrupt a few years ago.

The other game works fine at least (I mean that one was able to finish installing the files). I have contacted Solaris Japan and awaiting what happens next.

DbE5mF5X0AEeMu2.jpg

So today I had my driving theory test, I'll explain that in General Convo thread in a sec, but I was in town and acquired the live-action Blade of the Immortal film on LE Steelbook form. My Mum wanted Paddington 2 for her Birthday so I got them both for £25 total.

Also I have an update on the Gal*Gun situation I mentioned yesterday. Solaris Japan and I spoke about the situation, they were very kind enough to let me keep my copy and have them ship a replacement disc (as long as I pay for the shipping which I did). I won't know how long it will take but I'm hoping this new disc will let me be able to play the game for once.

Also Darkstalkers Resurrection left Japan in the last tracking update so if things go to plan it should be here by the weekend!

DbE5mF5X0AEeMu2.jpg

So today I had my driving theory test, I'll explain that in General Convo thread in a sec, but I was in town and acquired the live-action Blade of the Immortal film on LE Steelbook form. My Mum wanted Paddington 2 for her Birthday so I got them both for £25 total.

Also I have an update on the Gal*Gun situation I mentioned yesterday. Solaris Japan and I spoke about the situation, they were very kind enough to let me keep my copy and have them ship a replacement disc (as long as I pay for the shipping which I did). I won't know how long it will take but I'm hoping this new disc will let me be able to play the game for once.

Also Darkstalkers Resurrection left Japan in the last tracking update so if things go to plan it should be here by the weekend!
If your disk is faulty your entitled to a refund or a replacement. You shouldn't be paying for shipping. Why are you?
I had an argument with a friend the other day over a similar thing. So I emailed them and now he is receiving a replacement from the store plus there going to ship it free of charge so he doesn't have to travel 50 miles, plus a discount on his next order.

You could also make the argument that the faulty disc should first be returned to ascertain whether the fault exists or not. Solaris are coughing up a replacement with no physical proof of fault so I'd rather pay for JP to UK shipping than UK to JP.

If your disk is faulty your entitled to a refund or a replacement. You shouldn't be paying for shipping. Why are you?
I had an argument with a friend the other day over a similar thing. So I emailed them and now he is receiving a replacement from the store plus there going to ship it free of charge so he doesn't have to travel 50 miles, plus a discount on his next order.
You could also make the argument that the faulty disc should first be returned to ascertain whether the fault exists or not. Solaris are coughing up a replacement with no physical proof of fault so I'd rather pay for JP to UK shipping than UK to JP.
It's a weird situation to explain. For starters the game is pre-owned which is one thing and the actual package itself is 100% fine it's just the disc that's the issue. But in theory the game should work fine once you get past the Install Game Data part which is where the disc keeps braking. I would rather get a replacement disc with me paying for shipping (710 yen) rather than sending the entire game back and receiving another that could be worse.

Why not ask them to send the replacement with your next order. That way you save money on shipping.
Or a discount on your next order.
I am a pretty relaxed person (ironically as I tend to use Kazuma as my avatar picture) so I can let things slide. Plus Solaris are my favourite retailer for importing Japanese games and I would rather not get on their bad side. They did offer me a coupon code once when I first started using them when the rate dropped like a bomb in October 2016.

tUokmrtl.jpg

Pretty excited to play this, shame they just added a new time limited monster to Monster Hunter World and thus I have to farm that til I get all the armors crafted before I can play this. >_>

Back