What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

39037439244_94f5440441_b.jpg

It's been a busy day for arrivals today! First off, my Nekopara kickstarter reward came through, which is pretty great and unexpected. I also managed to pre-empt my grey card using the tracking and pick up my Madman order early from my depot. Also arriving today was my two CeX orders, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and Snowtown. I think I'll be consider complaining about Snowtown, it's an ink-jet printed cover with a rental copy inside, which is disappointing. Finally, I picked up Black Butler Season 2, Yu-Gi-Oh and IT from HMV whilst I was out.

What a coincidence. I also got "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" today though mine wasn't steelbook version. I also got Streets Of Fire from zavvi but still no arrow orders.

My latest GKids Studio Ghibli titles, received on Tuesday, their release day - Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, and My Neighbors the Yamadas. As you can see, I've already put them into plastic box protectors, just like I have with the rest of my anime collection.

whcrmny.jpg

My latest GKids Studio Ghibli titles, received on Tuesday, their release day - Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, and My Neighbors the Yamadas. As you can see, I've already put them into plastic box protectors, just like I have with the rest of my anime collection.

whcrmny.jpg
Those look cool, I use plastic sleeves to keep my Blu Rays from dust and damage, though I did look at using some plastic box protectors. However, they're not cheap on eBay unfortunately.

unfortunately box protectors are a pain to import since you need to do it in big numbers to get anywhere close the worth of the shipping.
Yeah this is unfortunate. I just use Steelbook sleeves which fit standard Blu Rays, and the jumbo ones usually fit the Funi LE sets and some Part 1 LEs.

Those look cool, I use plastic sleeves to keep my Blu Rays from dust and damage, though I did look at using some plastic box protectors. However, they're not cheap on eBay unfortunately.

unfortunately box protectors are a pain to import since you need to do it in big numbers to get anywhere close the worth of the shipping.

Yeah this is unfortunate. I just use Steelbook sleeves which fit standard Blu Rays, and the jumbo ones usually fit the Funi LE sets and some Part 1 LEs.

Well, you guys got Steelbook Central over there to get box protectors from, they do have some sizes to fit different thickness Blu-rays - not sure about DVDs - I get mine from Retroprotection, they have four different widths to fit a variety of Blu-rays with slips or cases with up to 20mm spine widths, and 2 different widths that work with DVDs, with/without slipcovers - but they're located in the US midwest, so yeah, importing, and I'm not sure if they ship overseas. I order about 100-150 box protectors of various sizes at a time, and I now have most everything in my collection boxed that will fit in them, except for all my Sentai Blu-rays without slips - I just counted them the other night to get another order together, I have 135 of those. The only minor issue with box protectors is if you use them on a full 3-foot shelf of Blu-ray singles (about 73 cases without slips will fit on my shelves), you'll lose the space for 3 or 4 releases from each shelf. But, box protectors look SO much nicer on the shelf than resealable bags, with their wrinkles, seams down the middle of the spines, and corner triangles sticking out everywhere...

For CE/LE/PE boxes or fat cases for complete seasons wider than 20mm, I still have to resort to resealable bags, but I do actually have a heat sealer to cut down and seal new seams on over-sized bags to make them fit my releases perfectly. I'm way behind on making more of those right now, though - a good indoor winter project, lol.

I do have a thread over on BR.com dedicated to box protectors from both Retroprotection and Steelbook Central, with their dimensions and which sizes fit what, and I actually just updated the links to the Retroprotection product pages ...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=280956

@HWR - you need to tell me where you get those jumbo ones for Funi LEs - and their inside dimensions in millimeters, if you can - I've been looking for something to fit Funi LE boxes, but unfortunately even those come in at least 3 different widths, and their new thin LEs (which they seldom use anyway, since they forgot what LEs are anymore) are yet another size. I have nothing to fit AL CE box sets either, other than bags.

Well, you guys got Steelbook Central over there to get box protectors from, they do have some sizes to fit different thickness Blu-rays - not sure about DVDs - I get mine from Retroprotection, they have four different widths to fit a variety of Blu-rays with slips or cases with up to 20mm spine widths, and 2 different widths that work with DVDs, with/without slipcovers - but they're located in the US midwest, so yeah, importing, and I'm not sure if they ship overseas. I order about 100-150 box protectors of various sizes at a time, and I now have most everything in my collection boxed that will fit in them, except for all my Sentai Blu-rays without slips - I just counted them the other night to get another order together, I have 135 of those. The only minor issue with box protectors is if you use them on a full 3-foot shelf of Blu-ray singles (about 73 cases without slips will fit on my shelves), you'll lose the space for 3 or 4 releases from each shelf. But, box protectors look SO much nicer on the shelf than resealable bags, with their wrinkles, seams down the middle of the spines, and corner triangles sticking out everywhere...

For CE/LE/PE boxes or fat cases for complete seasons wider than 20mm, I still have to resort to resealable bags, but I do actually have a heat sealer to cut down and seal new seams on over-sized bags to make them fit my releases perfectly. I'm way behind on making more of those right now, though - a good indoor winter project, lol.

I do have a thread over on BR.com dedicated to box protectors from both Retroprotection and Steelbook Central, with their dimensions and which sizes fit what, and I actually just updated the links to the Retroprotection product pages ...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=280956

@HWR - you need to tell me where you get those jumbo ones for Funi LEs - and their inside dimensions in millimeters, if you can - I've been looking for something to fit Funi LE boxes, but unfortunately even those come in at least 3 different widths, and their new thin LEs (which they seldom use anyway, since they forgot what LEs are anymore) are yet another size. I have nothing to fit AL CE box sets either, other than bags.
I get the jumbo ones from the aforementioned Steelbook central on eBay. They fit some but not all Funi LEs.
SW2 Premium Blu-ray Jumbo Steelbook Protective Wraps / Sleeves (Pack of 25) | eBay

What a coincidence. I also got "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" today though mine wasn't steelbook version. I also got Streets Of Fire from zavvi but still no arrow orders.

I didn't even mean to buy the Steelbook, I just bought the cheapest copy CeX stocked and they sent me the steelbook version.

Back