What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

35043882641_223cd71c5c_b.jpg

Discs aren't labeled with numbers, which is annoying.
One of those early/mid 00s releases where they gave each volume a unique title rather than just volume X. Not much of a problem with the individual volumes since they'd just list the episodes on the back, but less so when they put out a complete collection...

For reference, the order of Haibane Renmei's discs is New Feathers, Wings of Sorrow, Free Bird, Day of Flight.

image.jpg
My last three items from the Amazon price glitch. A bit of damage again but eh.
Got the old discs for CG but I'm not too bothered.

Last edited:
DBy2sgwXYAA0Rp8.jpg

Operation PS3 Haul enters Stage 3 with a few more additions to the catalogue. Starting with the two games I previously mentioned in the BUY thread, both of these arrived with no customs and free shipping from Canadian retailer VideoGamesPlus. Dragon's Crown is no longer on sale in retail form for Europe due to the closure of the Atlus x NIS Europe deal, but there's plenty available on the North American side and you can still download the game on the PS3 and Vita. In addition I also decided to go after Tales of Xillia 2. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to get this instalment but I decided why not since there are some copies lurking around. The UK/European release was only available as a Day 1 Edition Steelcase which is not my thing, and I already have a consistent Tales US PS3 collection (aside from Symphonia) so I figured I may as well get it.

DBzysoVXsAADaAN.jpg

In town I noticed GAME had a few copies of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax left in new condition. I decided to pick one up since it was also caught up by the Atlus x NIS Europe deal. Only this time it seems North American copies are also scarce. It was £17.99 so it was alright for an OOP title. That's all I have for Operation PS3 Haul for the time being, I may conclude Stage 3 with an import but I haven't completely decided just yet.

In GAME I also acquired Star Ocean V: Integrity and Faithlessness for £9.99, which I couldn't refuse because that's a very good deal.

It held up my order for weeks, not sure why, maybe a stock issue?
I ordered it separately so it didn't hold up any of my other orders. I contacted their CS after the initial 3 weeks had passed and they gave me free expedited shipping, the estimated date for delivery is between 7th and 12th June. I'm not too hopeful of it arriving by then :rolleyes:

I ordered it separately so it didn't hold up any of my other orders. I contacted their CS after the initial 3 weeks had passed and they gave me free expedited shipping, the estimated date for delivery is between 7th and 12th June. I'm not too hopeful of it arriving by then :rolleyes:
Alas their expected shipping dates are pretty random, I've had several weeks of being given different answers, thankfully they're kind when it comes to damage and refunding (with me at least)
I hope your copy turns up eventually, and hopefully in better condition than mine did :D

Ok my replacement copies of The Saga of Tanya the Evil (Youjo Senki) have arrived. This time I can properly open them up, and post pictures of the sets themselves.

(Excuse the excessive blur. I don't really have a good place, but a messy glass kitchen table to display this)

Volumes 1 and 2 together
32EinNo.jpg

Volume 1
Volume 1 unboxed
DeG3mGP.jpg
Volume 1 Chipboard box, and Digipack closeup
oklKSmt.jpg

UWzneyw.jpg
Volume 1 Manga Short
gOId3tU.jpg
Volume 1 Short Novel
5ljcAKQ.jpg

gJCG0u1.jpg
Volume 1 Special Booklet (Designs, and all that)
K1Rqgw9.jpg
Volume 1 Disc
ZqyRJMo.jpg
Volume 1 Menu
u9SqgLf.jpg
Volume 1 On-disc extras
Episode 2 with Voice Actor commentary (Tanya and Viktoria)
Episode 4 with Voice Actor commentary (Tanya and Viktoria)

Episodes 0-4 Tanya Shorts

Clean Opening
Clean Ending
Web Episode Previews

Volume 2
Volume 2 unboxing
u0ju7yT.jpg

J4MukuL.jpg
Volume 2 Special Booklet
yQCnSJG.jpg
Volume 2 Manga Short
pX11eie.jpg
Volume 2 Discs (BD and Special Audio Drama CD)
yWz9xI9.jpg
Volume 2 Menu
579ysxu.jpg
Volume 2 On-Disc Extras
Episode 5 with Voice Actor commentary (Tanya and Viktoria)
Episode 8 with Voice Actor commentary (Tanya and Viktoria)

Episodes 5-8 Tanya Shorts

Promotional Video 1
Promotional Video 2 Fairy Ver.
Promotional Video 2 Monster Ver.
Bunch of PVs, CMs and TV Slot advertisements

Picture Quality

From what I've skimmed through as I haven't watched my copies yet the PQ looks great, and I can't really spot any issues, but I'm sure someone could probably find some that I've missed. For a quick comparison between Crunchyroll and the JP BDs here are some below.

Saga Of Tanya The Evil : Screenshot Comparison

Differences Between TV and BD

I haven't been able to actually fully watch to be able to find the differences, but I have found that some characters have had eye glow added when using magic because they were lacking it, and some background characters get their hair colour changed.

In my very quick skim the biggest change I found was the change to some CGI for an army formation compared to the TV version where they are just clumping together.

mom_zpspiybxb9n.jpg

This week's loot. I'm actually not a monster hunter fan. I just liked the way the plushie and the amiibo looked. Haven't gotten around testing the nes controller yet because i have so many other projects going on. Maybe after latest Zelda (which i got from library) and couple of other games i can sit down and try to beat couple of NES classics.

Back