What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2024 HAUL - MAY CHAPTER: BATCH #3.2

[/SPOILER]
Some beauties in here. I keep banging on about how good Bobobo is. I've only seen the fan sub version (which I love) and some of the dub (which isn't for me, but that's okay). I'm getting this blu ray soon, and I'm excited to see the sub of it.

I've never seen any Lupin, but I'd like to. I don't know where to start. I've seen various collectors editions from All The Anime, but it seems like it's all partway through the story. Maybe I'm mistaken. I need to do some research.

Some beauties in here. I keep banging on about how good Bobobo is. I've only seen the fan sub version (which I love) and some of the dub (which isn't for me, but that's okay). I'm getting this blu ray soon, and I'm excited to see the sub of it.

I've never seen any Lupin, but I'd like to. I don't know where to start. I've seen various collectors editions from All The Anime, but it seems like it's all partway through the story. Maybe I'm mistaken. I need to do some research.
Lupin the Third is an interesting franchise because you can just join in at any point, they're all disconnected in terms of the stories in general, like Final Fantasy is.

While The Castle of Cagliostro is a really great film, it is light-hearted and for all-ages compared to the rest of the franchise so it might catch you off guard like it did to me when I went from Cagliostro to Mystery of Mamo.

If you like style, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and the three films that came after (Jigen's Gravestone, Goemon's Blood Spray and Fujiko's Lie) are each pretty solid.

But out of the whole franchise I recommend starting with Lupin the Third Part 4: The Italian Adventure, because it's a great way to jump right in and pretty much rebooted the franchise for the series format, since over the decades it had mainly been annual television specials.

Worth noting that Part 4 has a unique distribution. When the series was brought over to Toonami in North America, the English dub was based on the Italian broadcast master (since the series was co-produced by Italy) which has some slight differences in timing, while the Japanese audio is based on the Japanese broadcast/BD master, so the two can't sync together and had to be on two separate releases. Both do have Blu-rays available by Anime Limited and Discotek.

Lupin the Third is an interesting franchise because you can just join in at any point, they're all disconnected in terms of the stories in general, like Final Fantasy is.

Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. Brilliant! I'll definitely check out Part 4. Lol I see that All The Anime have two different versions, and that the front cover artwork doesn't mention a single thing about whether it's subbed or dubbed. Cool, excellent.

I also saw this post on their website, which is really brilliant. How confusing that they'd go to so much trouble as to write such a great and thoughtful blog post, but then not make it clear on the artwork which is which.

Anyway, great to know. I'll definitely get the subbed one soon. Cheers!

It really doesn’t matter too much as it’s mostly episodic. Just pick a series or a film and watch it. The Castle of Cagliostrois pretty easy to get hold of because of the Ghibli connection.

The Wind Rises turned into a bigger Ghibli haul, some new, some second hand . I want to add When Marnie Was There, Whisper of the Heart/The Cat Returns, and Howl's Moving Castle on Friday when I get paid, not too bothered about the other Ghibli films, but may end up picking them up anyway lol.

A seller on eBay had buy 5 get 1 free, including some sealed collector's editions for £19.99 a pop so that seemed good value.

IMG_20240528_114200334.jpg

Last edited:
I received two Blu-ray titles from Crunchyroll yesterday, a partial shipment from a larger pre-order I made last month:

Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple - The Attack of Darkness OVA Series
The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World

kenichiiceblade.jpg

The LEGO 10333 Barad-dûr was released to LEGO Insiders today. I was at the Lego House Store at 8.30 in the morning, an hour before they opened. First in line and first to check out 😄
View attachment 34351

They had gotten 16 sets in stock and all 16 were signed by the lead designers Antica and Ashwin. Both of them had drawn unique drawings on each of the sets, I chose the one where The Eye has gotten some shades on 😎 The Fell Beast was the GWP.

Also, these arrived over the past days.
View attachment 34352
Love that Kiki box.

I heard if you buy that Lego set twice, you can build a different variations that’s humongous! Bank managers beware.i Love the sunglasses btw.

Back