What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I always go Nvidia, more expensive but I find them more reliable and given the market share is so high, most developers seem to focus on them vs AMD hardware.

it's odd though as in console space I think Sony/Microsoft usually use AMD cards in their consoles!

Lol, I have an old 1050ti in my 8 year old i5 primary computer at home yet, and that card is still plenty fast for everything I do on my PC - I don't do any gaming at all. I was looking at an old 3070 or 3700XT as my goto card for my next PC ugrade, maybe in a year or so. I don't see the need to spend over $300 for a video card. That is all the top end I would ever need.

Lol, I have an old 1050ti in my 8 year old i5 primary computer at home yet, and that card is still plenty fast for everything I do on my PC - I don't do any gaming at all. I was looking at an old 3070 or 3700XT as my goto card for my next PC ugrade, maybe in a year or so. I don't see the need to spend over $300 for a video card. That is all the top end I would ever need.

Yeah I think it's like anything though, spend on things you enjoy/use, for example if you love coffee, an expensive coffee machine is probably a good thing to get, high performance GPU are like that. Some people might be happy with instant coffee, some people may like it enough to get a basic machine, others consider there to be value in using a good quality one that costs a lot :)

Some CPU come with integrated GPU as well so may not even need one at all if you play no games whatsoever, varies by CPU though. My Ryzen CPU doesn't have one on chip.

Last edited:
A few things from the last couple of days.

Dragon Ball Super volume 20 recieved from Forbidden Planet today. Always appreciate the plastic wrap they send their manga in, never recieved a bad copy from them.

IMG_20240205_105541542.jpg

Then, part of a larger order from SciFier/Awesomebooks, I've started collecting Tolkien's works properly; I wanted some nice hardbacks that would last - I have the rest of the main parts of the legendarium on the way, as well as the History of Middle Earth.

IMG_20240205_105900814.jpg

Back