What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I'm a fan of the movie of Moto Hagio's They Were Eleven, but hadn't realized that some of her other works are finally available in English. After hearing a review for this on Anime World Order, I had to grab it.
View attachment 30913

I wasn't prepared for how hefty this volume is. It's a 500-page A4-ish format hardcover that even impresses Grimlock with its chunkiness.

View attachment 30914
Just a gentle reminder, don't forget to purchase volume 2!

Received today, from Anime-on-Line:

View attachment 31099

Wow, seeing that really takes me back to the days of the original Skip Beat Kickstarter in 2016 with Ann Yamamoto/Pied Piper. I picked up the Collector's Edition box set, a Love Me satin jacket, and two Skip Beat! posters, one signed by seven members of the dub cast:

Skip Beat! Box Set and Love Me Jacket

I was directly involved with the posters for the Kickstarter with Ann, instructing her on the proper way to ship rolled posters without damage, to avoid the fiasco we had previously with Funimation and their severely damaged posters everyone received from their Escaflowne Kickstarter. Ann made a test shipping of the posters to me a full year before they were distributed to all the backers at the end of the Kickstarter:

Skip Beat! Posters, Test Shipping from Ann Yamamoto
Skip Beat! Posters after Framing

I was even mentioned in one of her Kickstarter updates about helping her out with packing pointers for the posters:

Originally Posted by Pied Piper, Inc.
I have 200 posters signed by the dub cast. For those of you who have ordered the signed poster in a mailing tube, I have this crazy idea of trying to ship those out for Christmas, along with the poster (unsigned) that comes with the $150 set.

Lots of logistics:
  • this morning I placed an order w/ my printer for the $150 tier 11 x 17" posters; schedule to arrive next week
  • I've heard that Funimation ran into shipping problems with their posters, and @Troy Frey (bless his soul!!) has given me a heads up + mini lesson on how to package posters properly. For good measure, I watched a bunch of Youtube videos on packaging posters this morning as well.
  • and, I've enlisted my mom (bless her soul!!!) to help me with the logistics; this weekend she's going to get shipping materials (mailing tubes in a few different diameters, kraft paper for protecting the posters) and early next week we'll do a few test shipments
  • then, after we've figured out the right shipping materials, I'll buy them in bulk
  • I'll need to get everyone to pay for their mailing tube upgrades via Paypal (this will be time consuming for everyone involved, but it's the only way to collect those funds separately, since Backerkit credit card charges won't take place until we are closer to shipping the DVD/BDs)
  • And then the actual rolling of posters, packaging, postage, and mailing.
Whew!! Honestly, I'm not sure if I can get that done in December, but I will try!!

New arrivals!

Black-Call-Delusions-Symphogear.jpg

Love-Sing-Higurashi-Master-Symphogear.jpg

World-Overlord-SAODTB.jpg

Back