What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Hey, no laughing.
When Overlord IV and Chainsaw Man are released over here it's the DVD I'll be buying. It's cheaper and I don't always wear my glasses when watching TV.
If I ever buy Spy X Family, it'll be the same.
Now if they release it on 8 track, I'll be in heaven.

The last live action DVD-only sets I purchased was the 2004 set of The Pink Panther Collection with Peter Sellers, and the 2002 set of Frank Herbert's Dune Director's Cut, both of which I bought sometime in 2008. In 2007 I converted all of my entertainment system to HD and Blu-ray, and have only purchased live action Blu-rays since then. Many of those were BD/DVD combo sets, but I have never used a single DVD from any of them. I started collecting anime on Blu-ray in 2011, and yes, I did puchased a lot of used DVD sets for older anime series that had not yet been released on Bluray, and a few that were new but old stock for older series also not available on Blu-ray - but the only DVD-only sets I have purchased new for a brand new release, were the fairly recent US re-releases of Witch Hunter Robin and Banner of the Stars.

But, I am totally behind on converting to 4K in my home, as I have not done that yet even for my main Television in the living room, which is still the first generation 52" HD Sharp Aquos I bought in 2007.

It's been a while since I picked up the previous seasons but thanks to the Rarewaves sale I finally bought Black Clover Seasons 3 & 4 for pretty good value.
Thanks for posting about them!

I already own season 1 and part of season 2, but it works out much cheaper to buy the complete season 2 than the parts I'm missing - so I've just ordered seasons 2, 3 and 4! 😄

(I'm not much of a physical collector anymore, but Black Clover is one of the shows I want to own)

A bunch more stuff.
Amagi brilliant park Japan set (+UK standard edition from rarewave), Horimya, Arifureta S2, Black summmoner, Dungeon of black company & another for Black Clover 3 (although I have to work out how im doing it, as I got 2 of the art boxes, all 3 books and parts of S3 but not all)
And Muskoku tensei CE part 1 from Cex

20231005_160608.jpg

Last edited:
Made a second Rarewaves order, a number of titles I still want from it but decided to blind buy on some movies which if not so cheap I probably wouldn't had picked up anytime soon. Though to be fair Okko's Inn has been dirt cheap for years, just never got around to picking it up.

Okko's Inn (BD) and Seven Days War (BD)

View attachment 30861

I absolutely loved Okko's Inn, great English dub as well, you can see that the Ghibli alumni who worked on it really cared about the project (Kitaro Kousaka was the director). It was a beautiful film about grief and letting go but with some fun kid friendly elements as well nothing overly juvenile it just feels well balanced :)

How long did it take people get rarewaves order? Ordered few items that were despatched on the 3rd and still not come yet?
I placed 3 different orders last weekend and it seems at least 2 are at my work. I'm on holiday so I'm guessing 3/4 days.
However in the past an order has taken 10 days with 2nd class.
Maybe someone could confirm what post they used .
Although my recent Anime-on-line 1st class stuff has taken 3/4 days.

Zavvi sale items arrived
loved Death Parade when it aired and really want to watch it again, shame the original Death Billiards OVA isn't included
I'm yet to watch my copy of Death Parade but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to include Death Billiards right? I have the UK LE but I would assume the discs are exactly the same. I'll need to check my copy.
Interestingly the descriptions on the product pages on AOL for Death Parade mention the OVA being included in the LE, but says nothing about the OVA for the standard release. It may just be an omission error in the description for the Standard release, hopefully.

Bit late to this but I can confirm that Death Billiards is included in the UK release of Death Parade via the extras menu on disc two.

1000009418.jpg

Back