What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2023 HAUL VER 2.3

We got some more video games for this week's batches, and another set of Asian films from Eureka.

PqhEScph.jpg

After watching the Nintendo Direct I decided to revisit the Switch catalogue and look into acquiring more of the physical games. There's a lot of games now discontinued for print which is disappointing, but I did find a copy of Cytus Alpha over on eBay which arrived on Monday. This is a music rhythm game published by PM Studio and for Europe with the assistance of Numskull Games (the same folks who brought over Spike Chunsoft titles). The copy that I got was pretty rough, but the goal was the main physical game itself rather than the bonus item which was a soundtrack CD.

cS5As7nh.jpg

A while back I mentioned that I bought One Piece: World Seeker with Pirate Warriors 4 from eBay but my copy ended up being the German version so I returned it back in store. I found the correct copy on eBay for £2 less which arrived on Tuesday but the case was a bit battered. Either way, got the game now out of the way and I believe that's all of the major One Piece games picked up for the PlayStation 4 since the next one is on PS5.

c3VBzduh.jpg

Speaking of CeX, I have found that for the most part their online deliveries are pretty good and other than the previous order, I had no problems for the most part. So I decided to use their online store once again for three more older PlayStation 4 games that I had wanted to get for a while but I didn't want to spend tons on. And they arrived together across two packages on Wednesday; CRYSTAR from Spike Chunsoft & Numskull Games, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory from Bandai Namco, and Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto also from Bandai Namco.

BiiI72nh.jpg

Also arrived on Wednesday is another Nintendo Switch game. Last year Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country was one of the rarest physical games released and was super expensive to get, but then in recent months it started to go down in price and even in the US it received reprints. Since Amazon kept recommending me the same seller who's had stock from the start I suspected they were selling the US versions, so I decided to get a physical copy from eBay instead.

XwG9jmbh.jpg

On Valentine's Day, Nectar ran a very limited offer that provided you with 30x bonus points if you bought a £10+ item on eBay between 12-1pm, so I remembered at the last second whilst I was at work and the first thing that popped in my mind was Bandai Namco Asia's release of SD Gundam Battle Alliance for the PlayStation 5. The game was available on Bazaar Bazaar's eBay store for £49.99 which is interesting given their online store is £66.99. Either way I earned 1499 Nectar points from this offer. The game also includes a DLC code that lasts until August 2023 so for those interested in the game should look into it before that month occurs. I used the DLC code via my Singapore PSN account which is what I use for anything Bandai Namco Asia DLC-code related.

xWed4jZh.jpg

SL7uUxlh.jpg

nmnFkWKh.jpg

Then we shift over to Eureka Entertainment and Terracotta with three Blu-ray releases that just came out this year. First up is last month's release for David Chung's 1986 film Royal Warriors (皇家戰士), the second film in the In the Line of Duty series starring Michelle Yeoh and Hiroyuki Sanada. Next we have David Chung's 1987 film Magnificent Warriors (中華戰士), also starring Michelle Yeoh, and for the Masters of Cinema line-up we have Hideo Gosha's 1974 film Violent Streets (暴力街). Worth noting 1.5 seconds of animal cruelty was removed for this film.

GttZKCnh.jpg

Went to the cinema to watch the new Ant-Man film and since I had already gone to town two weeks ago I decided to skip that portion of the trip and instead check the GAME store that was closeby. I picked up Metroid Dread as I had noticed it was either on eBay pre-owned or out of stock for a number of retailers, plus £32.99 was a decent price for a Nintendo IP.

First anime purchase for a bit, and some computer stuff.

The 980 PRO is £180 on Amazon but with a £40 cashback offer on top from Samsung, I don't have any Gen 4 NVME so this seemed like a decent price for it!

KTkB8Ar.png

RAM installed! (goes with current pair I had):

LM1N9jd.png

Triangle Strategy has an awful name and a CE that's kinda barebones but I found it at a good price and I was in when I read it was Matsuno/GOT in style and 2/3 story with consequences and 1/3 battles. I'm in an extremely Matsuno mood. Must be FF XVI hype.

Personally I liked the combat in this a lot, there is some replayability as well with different paths!

Last edited:
PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week midpoint ver.」

What's included?
  • Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV + Brotherhood Steelbook [Blu-ray]
  • Steins;Gate: The Movie - Load Region of Deja Vu [Blu-ray]

View attachment 28219View attachment 28220

PACKAGE ARRIVAL
「week end ver.」

What's included?
  • [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus] [Bonus] Nintendo Switch Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun Gaiden River City Girls 1,2
  • [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus] Nintendo Switch Mahoutsukai no Yoru First Press Limited Edition
  • Witch on the Holy Night: Limited Edition - Nintendo Switch

IMG20230105134808.jpgIMG20230212161512.jpg

A blind buy today but found this limited edition of a game in CeX for £5.00 in great condition.

Our World Is Ended (Day One Edition) (PS4)

20230222_223823.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know this had been dispatched until this morning. Something was wrong with the email syncing on my phone and I received two days of emails at once.

Now comes the question of how to shelve it. I could place it alongside the redundant old version, just display the new version, or put the new disc in the (superior) old packaging. Decisions, decisions.
IMG_20230223_132453.jpg

Back