What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

December Week 4 Part 3

Another batch today, this time it's the Christmas 2021 haul. Same as before, have a budget and the goal is to get as many titles within it between each group. Let's dig in.

sUKCdvNh.jpg

First up, we have the anime section - MEGALOBOX Season 1 finally joins the collection which was acquired from the Anime Limited 12 Days of Christmas 2021 sale (unboxing also available on my blog). Also requested Steins;Gate: Load Region of Deja Vu just to get that out of the way.

s6J4AVUh.jpg

Next we have the light novel section - We have new titles joining the collection with Another Episode S/O in a hardcover format, which is a spin-off of the Another novel but is actually two different ones (Another S, the novel, and Another O, the manga). Also joining the collection is Combatants Will Be Dispatched Volume 1 because I really enjoyed the anime.

P7EJJ8Vh.jpg

Next we have the manga section - I wanted to delve more into the VIZ SIGNATURE label and chose two new additions for the collection. The first is Fist of the North Star Omnibus 1 in hardcover format, and the second is Maison Ikkoku Omnibus 1, the latter is damaged but the main core content is fine.

JBfLdAQh.jpg

Next we have the video game section - Because I finally got a PlayStation 5, I decided to have this batch be solely focused on that console, because the PS4 titles I want are still above the price range I want to get them for. The two chosen games were Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (since Spider-Man Remastered is digital only, I didn't see the point spending more for the Deluxe Edition version) and Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon.

Also received a PlayStation bottle.

UIHtDpUh.jpg

Next we have the Asian Cinema section - continuing the Hong Kong Cinema venture, this time I go back to the earlier Eureka Entertainment Jackie Chan releases with Wong Jing's City Hunter (which surprisingly was the first print edition i.e. slipcase and booklet) and Sammo Hung's Wheels on Meals.

Additional items are in the spoiler tags below:
g33jRn8h.jpg
GXtivGlh.jpg

nCrUw0Th.jpg

jWWAs56h.jpg

Unless I want to do a final order, this is pretty much the last batch of 2021. A complete collection update will be on my blog before the year ends.

December Week 4 Part 3

Another batch today, this time it's the Christmas 2021 haul. Same as before, have a budget and the goal is to get as many titles within it between each group. Let's dig in.

sUKCdvNh.jpg

First up, we have the anime section - MEGALOBOX Season 1 finally joins the collection which was acquired from the Anime Limited 12 Days of Christmas 2021 sale (unboxing also available on my blog). Also requested Steins;Gate: Load Region of Deja Vu just to get that out of the way.

s6J4AVUh.jpg

Next we have the light novel section - We have new titles joining the collection with Another Episode S/O in a hardcover format, which is a spin-off of the Another novel but is actually two different ones (Another S, the novel, and Another O, the manga). Also joining the collection is Combatants Will Be Dispatched Volume 1 because I really enjoyed the anime.

P7EJJ8Vh.jpg

Next we have the manga section - I wanted to delve more into the VIZ SIGNATURE label and chose two new additions for the collection. The first is Fist of the North Star Omnibus 1 in hardcover format, and the second is Maison Ikkoku Omnibus 1, the latter is damaged but the main core content is fine.

JBfLdAQh.jpg

Next we have the video game section - Because I finally got a PlayStation 5, I decided to have this batch be solely focused on that console, because the PS4 titles I want are still above the price range I want to get them for. The two chosen games were Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (since Spider-Man Remastered is digital only, I didn't see the point spending more for the Deluxe Edition version) and Yakuza 7: Like a Dragon.

Also received a PlayStation bottle.

UIHtDpUh.jpg

Next we have the Asian Cinema section - continuing the Hong Kong Cinema venture, this time I go back to the earlier Eureka Entertainment Jackie Chan releases with Wong Jing's City Hunter (which surprisingly was the first print edition i.e. slipcase and booklet) and Sammo Hung's Wheels on Meals.

Additional items are in the spoiler tags below:
g33jRn8h.jpg
GXtivGlh.jpg

nCrUw0Th.jpg

jWWAs56h.jpg

Unless I want to do a final order, this is pretty much the last batch of 2021. A complete collection update will be on my blog before the year ends.
Nice haul! With Spider-Man: Miles Morales you can upgrade the base game to the Ultimate Edition from the main menu if you feel like it for about £20 I think. Well worth it even if you've played the PS4 version of Spider-Man.

I received two more anime packages in the mail today - one is all the in-stock items from my 4th order from the AlltheAnime 12 Days Sale, and the other is a Megadeal order from Rightstuf...

From AlltheAnime 12 Days Sale Order #4:
K: Missing Kings Movie Collector's Edition
Your Name - 4K UHD HDR + Blu-ray Collector's Edition
K: Seven Stories Collector's Edition

The Your Name 4K release has a really nice but very hard-to-photograph reflective metallic finish along with embossed characters and comet, so this was about as good as I could get it:

ataorder4.jpg

From Rightstuf's Megadeal selections:
Honey and Clover Season 1
Honey and Clover Season 2

honeyclover12.jpg

Got a lot of Amazon vouchers for Christmas, pumped some of them into these two for £50.

No idea what the first series is like but it sounds fun, the other (Star Blazers) I've wanted to watch for ages.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (I refuse to ever refer to it as Star Blazers) is a pretty awesome series, I equate it as being very similar to the SyFy Channel's 2005 Battlestar Galactica TV series. It's a Top 5 anime OAT for me - hope you enjoy it!

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (I refuse to ever refer to it as Star Blazers) is a pretty awesome series, I equate it as being very similar to the SyFy Channel's 2005 Battlestar Galactica TV series. It's a Top 5 anime OAT for me - hope you enjoy it!
Wonder if Funi will ever release the film. I have the Japanese release as its got English subtitles but people sort of need to see the film after 2199 and before 2202 (not essential watching but certainly helpful)

Flip Flappers book is tremendous, but make up your mind sentai/mvm, either both at DVD size or both at bluray size. Bluray-size book in a DVD-size box is just weird 🥱
To be more accurate the book actually fits neither size as it is taller than a Blu-ray but not as wide. If I recall correctly the Sentai release had a hardback book instead which would fit better in a DVD height set when you consider the empty space. I'm assuming MVM opted for a paperback version to save costs.

To be more accurate the book actually fits neither size as it is taller than a Blu-ray but not as wide. If I recall correctly the Sentai release had a hardback book instead which would fit better in a DVD height set when you consider the empty space. I'm assuming MVM opted for a paperback version to save costs.

lol just compared with an amaray and you're right 🤷‍♂️

I actually don't like hardback for these books/booklets that come with special editions, so I'm cool with it being paperback, it's just weird looking at the set and seeing the disproportionate size, but far from being a real problem.

Better still, this book is easily ultimate edition-tier (read: much better); it's extremely comprehensive and basically the reason I bought the set because I didn't think much of the series (animation aside). See if that changes with a re-watch.

i may need to try and get the sentai release if i can get it cheap, the glossy covers MVM used in the flipflappers book is a little too thick for me to easily browse the book without damaging it

Back