What did you learn today?

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Something major, minor, relevant or irrelevant to anything! Hopefully, we'll all learn something new.

I learned the phrase 'Wine, women and song', is the dry-land alternative to 'Rum, bum and baccy' (used by the Naval side of the armed forces, as I'm led to believe). Thanks to a lecherous classmate in college, I always perceived it to be a euphemism for gay sex.

Go!

You sound like karl pilkington

Today i learned that laziness will always be my downfall, rather than tidying up and getting things out of the way at home i sat talkin on skype and playing red dead undead *facepalms* resultin in getting up at 6.30

Also, i've learnt that you've returned, Huzzah

I foresee much virtue in this thread.

Today I became cognisant of a queer and wondrous fact: there is at least one telephone booth within my nearby town centre that isn't inoperable.

I would never have foreseen such a bizarre anomaly.

i've learnt chaz can somehow manage to leave his car engine running overnight from 8pm to 11am, doors unlocked, and still no one will take it.......

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Godot said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
That it's impossible to eat 50 bananas in 24 hours, the Potassium would supposedly kill you, although you would probably pass out after 45

Sounds like a challenge to me 8)

Can I have your amp in the uhm, unlikely event things go pear shape? :D

Mhm... Sure! But only if on my autopsy it says "Cause of Death: Bannana's"

Godot said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
Godot said:
Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
That it's impossible to eat 50 bananas in 24 hours, the Potassium would supposedly kill you, although you would probably pass out after 45

Sounds like a challenge to me 8)

Can I have your amp in the uhm, unlikely event things go pear shape? :D

Mhm... Sure! But only if on my autopsy it says "Cause of Death: Bannana's"

What if, in a freak accident after consuming 50 bananas, you wipe your mouth with a hanky-like piece of cloth, sneeze and inhale said cloth, and thus your autopsy is forced to say "Cause of Death: Bandannas"?

Mutsumi said:
What if, in a freak accident after consuming 50 bananas, you wipe your mouth with a hanky-like piece of cloth, sneeze and inhale said cloth, and thus your autopsy is forced to say "Cause of Death: Bandannas"?

LOL.

Then he gets no amp. It has to be bannana!

I learnt that revising the Schizophrenia topic in Psychology is balls.

At the end of every explanation, the book basically says "But this is wrong". It feels pointless to learn.

Godot said:

At the end of every explanation, the book basically says "But this is wrong". It feels pointless to learn.
Maybe the book is bluffin' yo muffin and it's actually right

memorium said:
Godot said:

Lol, trust me - you can tell it's not right. Some of these theories are balls, lol.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Godot said:
memorium said:
Godot said:

Lol, trust me - you can tell it's not right. Some of these theories are balls, lol.

Makes you wonder why they even bother printing it if the information isn't even accurate.

I kinda get why. So we can see how theories have developed etc. But, I don't see how an essay question asking us to explain "The biological explanation of Schizophrenia" is really the right way of testing it- because essentially you're explaining something using an argument that has massive flaws. On the other hand, "Explain the flaws and merits of the Biological explanation" for fewer marks, would test we know it, and allow for more marks to allocated to things that are actually right.

(Don't get me wrong, there are merits to these flawed theories, but it seems ludicrous that we need to learn such a flawed theory by heart).

Back