What did you BUY today?

Not going to lie.. I'm surprised

I'm not one of these /HD ONLY/ types of people, I'm more than happy to watch stuff thats DVD/480p only on a 21" screen but I can easily tell the difference... its fine.... Watching 480p on a living room TV (usually 32"+) that would break me at this point. The whole idea of watching /that next blockbuster/ at 480p in 2021 makes me laugh especially when the cheapest TV is 1080p now, I dont even think 720p is an option anymore

Not going to lie.. I'm surprised

I'm not one of these /HD ONLY/ types of people, I'm more than happy to watch stuff thats DVD/480p only on a 21" screen but I can easily tell the difference... its fine.... Watching 480p on a living room TV (usually 32"+) that would break me at this point. The whole idea of watching /that next blockbuster/ at 480p in 2021 makes me laugh especially when the cheapest TV is 1080p now, I dont even think 720p is an option anymore
there are surprisingly a couple HD ready models still available in 2021, my 32" died a couple months ago and i wanted to get another 32" because i thought any bigger would be too big but all i could really find was HD ready stuff so i just went for a bigger size

there are surprisingly a couple HD ready models still available in 2021, my 32" died a couple months ago and i wanted to get another 32" because i thought any bigger would be too big but all i could really find was HD ready stuff so i just went for a bigger size
I hold my hands up, I'm amazed at how many 720p TV's there are and I'm pretty shocked. Just looked at Currys website and "HD Ready" is still very much a thing. I remember reading this back in 200? when I got my first ever 1080p screen lol

I have a 4K monitor not doing anything... maybe its time to make money lol

I see it daily honestly, most people genuinely don't care about Blu-ray. I have asked occasionally and they will usually say it's too overpriced when you can get a DVD for much cheaper or to just stream the movie on Netflix. HD is not even a consideration. To be honest from my point of view I had a bit of a culture shock when I first came here and saw people look down on DVD lol

Yeah, there are plenty of people who don't think the difference in picture quality is worth the extra money - or just simply don't have the spare funds to be throwing in an extra £5 or £10 every time they want to buy a movie.

I gave a 4k disc a try recently (Deadpool was £10 in Fopp) - it honestly wasn't a big enough step up from BD for for me, so I wouldn't even consider buying a 4k in the future (unless I became super rich or something).

TBH, I think sometimes people in communities like this can get really focused on technical things like picture quality, lossless audio, artefacts, the colour of subtitles and whatever else - but the general public really doesn't care about most of that stuff 😅

I ordered a sushi roller shaker thing cause I saw some woman use it on her IG where she makes her husband lunches and I wanna try!

I also ordered a little glass coffee cup where the inside is different animals faces, I chose a bear one and also a little No Face on swing to hang on the little fake tree in my bedroom.

Oh and I ordered a Skeletor tshirt as I love the print and already have a hoodie of it as well as a velvet top, both from Killstar.

I ordered a lot of Bleach production art and sketches with original painted backgrounds. Here's a couple of the ones I bought. I love the colors on the first one 😍 And yes, these are authentic sketches that were used in the studio. I might create a new thread when they get here 😁

Attachments

• imgdsd_b.jpg
    imgdsd_b.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 4
  • img_b.jpg
    img_b.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 3
  • mnhnaprchf_o.jpg
    mnhnaprchf_o.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 4
  • Yoru_3b.png
    Yoru_3b.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
For some reason, I felt compelled to take photos of this stuff and not the anime I buy 🤣 🤣 🤣 Also the jacket was a fiver and the trainers were £13, I spent more on the hair scrunchies and those toiletries and I just find that funny for some reason. Cuz of my depression I struggle to take care of myself so I'm trying to get better at pampering myself with nice scents and quality products so I'll feel compelled to shower every day, brush my teeth, brush and wash my hair (I don't wash my hair every day but I at least wanna make it enjoyable when I do!) :) Like I'm not big into beauty rituals I don't wear makeup cuz I don't think it's worth it for me personally (the time it takes to put on and remove and the extra money I'd spend on it and I'm also just clumsy lol) but I do wanna smell good and wear shiny things XD Really glad I found those trainers they're super comfortable and I did need a new pair as my old ones were on the verge of being past it. I got a really cute top/blouse thingy from a charity shop as well so just took a pic of that as well. I hope everyone enjoys the shinies 🥰 (also yes the banana conditioner really does smell of banana) :)

Attachments

• Boots Shampoo Conditioner Body Spray.jpg
    Boots Shampoo Conditioner Body Spray.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Charity Shop Jacket.jpg
    Charity Shop Jacket.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 4
  • TKMaxx Trainers.jpg
    TKMaxx Trainers.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Claire's Accessories Hair Scrunchies.jpg
    Claire's Accessories Hair Scrunchies.jpg
    464.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Charity Shop Blouse Top.jpg
    Charity Shop Blouse Top.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 4
I bought a beautiful amazing pair of shoes 😭 ❤️ (for the record I don't buy shoes that often but when I do I want them to be special) :)

Attachments

• Shoe Embassy Shoes.jpg
    Shoe Embassy Shoes.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 9
Care Bear tights! 🥰 🥰 🥰

Attachments

• 1629358928631.png
    1629358928631.png
    422.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1629358972493.png
    1629358972493.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1629359013568.png
    1629359013568.png
    450 KB · Views: 7
When u go A Bit Mad (TM) and buy all of this in one day cuz of discount codes 😅

Attachments

• 1629625992705.png
    1629625992705.png
    891.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1629626069707.png
    1629626069707.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 1629626205887.png
    1629626205887.png
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 1629626266752.png
    1629626266752.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
When u go A Bit Mad (TM) and buy all of this in one day cuz of discount codes 😅

Are you making something?

Are you making something?

No 🤣 Though I do plan to use the metallic acrylic markers for designs on clothes I will be wearing myself (which I may or may not also make myself), the scratch art kit is just for fun (though I'm gonna try and do something really cool and planned out with some of the plain scratch paper sheets that have no design printed on) and the everblends are because I love alcohol markers for drawing and doodling in colour and wanted to see how good these are - I got 20% off the price on the website and am cautiously optimistic, having used Arteza a lot before. As for the iridescent acrylic paint, I own two previous sets Arteza released of metallic and iridescent acrylic paint and they're both a lot of fun, with gorgeous shiny colours and I enjoy painting with acrylics :) TBH I am a bit of a online shopaholic but am gradually becoming marginally more sensible bit by bit :) Though you have reminded me that I have a couple of projects I wanted to do - a paper mache castle and a mosaic made of multicoloured styrofoam packaging pieces (yes I have a fairly large stash of materials accumulated for both, thanks Pringles cans and toilet paper roll holders among various other bits and pieces lol). :)

Back